Author has written 68 stories for Avatar: Last Airbender, Harry Potter, Bleach, Naruto, Star Trek: 2009, Criminal Minds, and StarTrek: The Original Series.
Name: Ywain Penbrydd
Timezone: Mountain (GMT -7)
Penbrydd is currently taking commissions.
Ask a stupid question, get a surrealist answer! Penbrydd invites you to question his answers, answer his questions, and violate the terms of consensual reality.
ALSO, IF YOU ARE HERE FOR MY ANGST!FIC, WHY ARE YOU NOT READING VELVET BLINDFOLD, TOO? GO READ. LIEK NAO.
I would also like to give thanks to all of the people who have written reviews of my stories. If you ask me questions in your reviews, I will do my best to answer them, even if the answer is occasionally 'Oh, crap. I totally missed that.' Thanks are also due to the handful of people who have inspired or participated in my stories. In fact, I think extra special thanks are due to the cast of Hospital Humour, because they let me publish that without seeing it first, while knowing they'd been drunk for it. I love you guys.
I am occasionally guilty of writing semi-autobiographical fanfiction. This means I'll take a real event (or a compressed series of events) and substitute characters from a series I like (usually Naruto) for the real people in it. If you know me, and you think you recognise yourself in one of my fics, just ask. I try to put warnings in the Author's Notes on fics written in this fashion, unless they are in some way pornographic. Yes, you might be reading about my sex life. No, I'm not going to mention it if you are.
(BFV) Pan-fandom: Bio-fic-verse. This tag indicates that I'm writing what I know in a very literal sense.
(RND) Pan-fandom: Random. These are stand alones.
(MH) Potterverse: Meht's Hogwarts. These fics come out of an ongoing RP in which I play a couple of Death Eaters.
(EOL) Naruto: Eyes of Love. This continuum begins at Mad World and ends at Always Second Best -- mostly GenHaya with suggestions of GenHayaYuu.
(CGH) Naruto: Cut-Glass Heart. These are in some way contiguous with the AU going on between Sweetbriar and me.
(COR) Naruto: Corybantic Dance. Contiguous with the scary-ass high school AU that I write with Sweetbriar.
(SNZ) Naruto: Sneeze. These are contiguous with EOL, but watch Kotetsu and Izumo, instead. Where a co-author exists, it is inevitably Beatrisu, who writes Izumo for me, sometimes.
Fandoms & pairings I like:
Avatar: the Last Airbender
- Zuko/Katara (even if it's unlikely, it's still art.)
- Sokka/Suki (he's gotta get over the angsty, eventually.)
- Uryuu/Renji (speaking of art...)
- Uryuu/Yumichika (jealous artists and all out war.)
- Uryuu/Ukitake (hilarity ensues.)
- Shunsui/Ukitake (because it's just too easy.)
- Al/Winry (ed gave up his claim, and al always liked her more.)
- Ed/Roy (it's just so wrong. disturbingly wrong. but it's addictive as hell.)
- Snape/Lily (holy sht, it became something like canon.)
- Snape/Roddy Lestrange (you had to be there...)
- slut!Roddy/anything that's not a mudblood
- Iruka/Kakashi (i'd read it either way, but i have a thing for seme!Iruka.)
- Genma/Hayate/Yuugao (it's entirely improbable, since Yuugao shows up at the stone, but Genma doesn't. but, it's reminiscent of home.)
- Kotetsu/Izumo (yeah, they're probably just best friends, but it's cheap and easy.)
- Shikamaru/Temari (girls are troublesome.)
- Naruto/Hinata (because she just needs to get up off her ass and SAY SOMETHING)
- Aoba/Raidou (because it's so wrong it just burns. i blame sweetbriar for this.)
Star Trek: Original Series
- Spock/Kirk (srsly, how can you not ship it? this pairing defined slash.)
- Chekov/Scotty (UNINTELLIGIBLE HOT NERD SMEXINGS)
- Chapel/Rand (it's a logical counterpart to K/S. if you don't get it, you weren't paying attention.)
Star Trek: NextGen
- Riker/Troi (fuck off, it's canon.)
- Lore/Data (Incestuous android smut? YES PLZ.)
Star Trek: Internal Multiverse Errors, Fanon & Canon
- Lore/Spock!Prime/Data (i can has logical head-explody, nao?)
- nu!Spock/nu!Kirk/Spock!Prime (does this add up to two humans and a vulcan? :dodges flying ashtray:)