Author has written 14 stories for Harry Potter, and Twilight.
"Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else." -Gloria Steinem
Hey everyone; you can call me Lou. I recently changed my pen name from tocktime06 to lou-thewriter. First of all, I would like to thank you for being interested - or at least curious - enough to check out my page.
Secondly, I'd like to say that I'm not going to give you a complete break-down of my life, one - because I'd like you to judge my writing in a way that is somewhat unbiased, and two - because God knows this site has some creepers.
So, on the subject of my writing:
2. The story I typically write for is Twilight. I make this choice not because it's my favorite story (not even close!), but because I am sure that I can't create anything that even starts to mimic the stories I truly admire for their composition. Twilight is special to me, however, as I believe it truly pulls at human emotion, despite it's super human characters, and causes readers to truly feel hurt, love, triumph, happiness, sorrow, etc. in a way that makes the story unique.
3. My recreational writing is private. I don't share it with my friends, family, teachers, or acquaintances. In fact, basically the only people I share it with are you all, so you should feel particularly blessed.
4. I will never share any writing of mine that I feel is out of character. This is simply because when you are writing fan fiction, the idea is to add on to what the author has already created, which includes the personalities of characters. Therefore, writing out of character fan fiction seems kind of pointless. To add on to this statement, I have never considered writing alternate universe or all human fan fiction. Changing the circumstances of stories does not particularly appeal to me, and I do not typically read these types of stories.
5. My writing (as well as hopefully everyone else's in the world) gets better with time. The first fan fiction that I published on this site (Kiss the Girl) was rough, but I believe it was advanced for my age. I hope you will not judge my future writing based on any particular story - with the knowledge that I can and will create work that surpasses my previous writing.
6. Overall, I write to entertain. you may ask, 'entertain whom?' because as I stated, I do not typically share my writing. While I write to entertain you all, of course, I also write for myself. Writing is one of my passions, and I find it interesting to write something one day, put it into a drawer, and find it to read several years later. That might be strange; I'm not familiar with the habits of other authors. However, with all of that said, I always aim to improve my writing, and therefore the hobby is not entirely recreational. And you know what? You can help me reach my goals of becoming a better author! I love reviews - and reviewers - and genuinely appreciate any constructive criticism, praise, or general feedback on my stories. Please leave me reviews! I adore them.
If you like my writing enough to want to request a story of me, go ahead and let me know! Or, if there's anything else you'd like to know, or you'd just like to say 'hi', PM me please! All in all, I'd like to think that I'm a pretty chill chick.
7/21/2009: Hello, hello! Today I changed my name from tocktime06 to lou-thewriter. Also, I recently published another work, "My Cactus", onto the site! I began the idea for that story several months ago (shortly after purchasing my own cactus) and found it again yesterday when I was going through my writing. I decided to finish it, and I was happy with the story, and voila! It's up on the site. I don't know if anyone is still attempting to follow "Starting Again", my Twilight school story that has been put on hold, but I'm hoping to get back into it soon. Maybe. To be honest, I've just lost my muse for that one, and can't seem to find a place to go with the story that would be interesting enough for me to want to continue it. If you have any suggestions or comments, let me know. Love you all, please read "My Cactus" - and leave me lots of reviews!
Unsafe External Link