Author has written 1 story for Harry Potter.
‘Stars can’t shine without darkness’ - someone, sometime
Music and books are necessities of life. - Me, 2019
G’day, thanks for visiting! I’m a young, heterosexual, male Australian who, at one point, liked books more than friends. Thankfully I am over that period but my love for books is still there. I also have an avid dislike for English at school but aspire to be an Author (a side job unless I get lucky ofc). I thought I might start out with fanfiction and I leave it to you to judge how talented I am. Also, just because I really hate it when authors don’t update for months and leave me unknowing of whether they are still living or not (For half a year, I seriously thought an author I followed was dead), please don’t hesitate to send me a private message; it’ll show up in my Gmail so I should hopefully at least let you know what is going on. If I don’t respond within about a month, assume I’m dead... Additionally, I am gonna be one of the slowest and most irritating authors in terms of update rate (why? Because I'm a lazy little fu*er).
Things I don't like:
- Pairings... Harry/Hermione (I don't care how much more sense you think it makes), Harry/Daphne (Why? Literally, why? They mention her name like twice in the whole series), Hermione/Fred (Seriously? Do you hate Ron so much to do him like that?), Hermione/Snape (This is way worse than every single other one I said), Slash pairings i.e. Drarry, Harry/Voldemort, Remus/Sirius (What goes on in your sick mind?) [I only actively disliked such pairings that go entirely against canon, Albus/Grindelwald is obviously canon but, although I can very slightly almost not quite understand Remus/Sirius, it's just wrong]
- When people just get general canonic things wrong in their story. The trace is not placed on wands, the Potters aren't descended from Gryffindor (don't care how much the idea appeals to you), people call purebloods 'Lord' or some crap (seriously? This is literally against the whole premise of J.K. Rowling's book). The only exception is when you know exactly this and you are simply making a story like this because you want to use the basic Wizarding World universe to create a completely different story i.e. DPASW by LeadVone
- Bad or even slightly bad Dumbledore... I just really like Dumbles and to see so many fics where he is bashed is really irritating. There are some that are written really well though. I really like ’The amplitude, frequency, and resistance of the soulbond’ by Council partly for this reason. Dumbledore should be a nice, funny guy who can have his serious moments and is, whilst flawed, still an inherently good character. He's literally a normal person with like insanely powerful magic. This is something that I have gotten a bit over because it is pretty much impossible to actually read HP fanfiction unless you can deal with this showing up. Again, I don't actually mind this when the whole premise of the story is changed (I read a story where Voldemort was the good guy and Dumbledore was the leader of a cult who sacrificed his Phoenix multiple times for immortality... yeah)
- Bashing of originally good characters in general... AKA Weasleys, Hermione, Dumbles, Sirius, etc. (Why are y'all so salty and toxic?)
- Everyone seeming to think that Goblins are a million times better than humans. Seriously some mental issues here imo. Goblins are literally creatures that care more about gold than family. Did you or did you not pay attention to the Deathly Hallows? Griphook betrays Gringotts and then betrays Harry and leaves him to die. And the goblins let Sirius Black, who for all we had known was the murderer of 12 people and his best friend, walk straight in and out of his vault. I seriously don't understand why people think, 'if you're nice to Goblins then you become Goblin friend' and whatnot. You really don't. Just don't trust a Goblin.
Enough of the negativity... One thing I really appreciate is reviews. Even if you're not signed in and too lazy, please leave a guest review. It really drives me to write chapters if I see reviews. And please don’t hate me for being so slow at updating. I already hate myself enough for that!
AO3 - EternallyIll