Author has written 7 stories for Harry Potter, and Red Eye.
October 8, 2016 - The Lengthy Update
Chapter 29 of Last Cell is finally ready. If you're reading this, it's probably already up. Go read it, enjoy it, let me know what you think. In a lot of ways, this has been the most difficult thing I've ever written - even harder than the rough chapters of On the Other Side. It has been the first time I've rewritten things more than 10 times. It has taken months to get out (for reasons I shall elaborate below, if you're interested). And it has been a lot of work.
I appreciate all of you sticking with me. You have no idea what your support has meant to me throughout what has been some of the most difficult times in my life. I shall be forever grateful to you. I hope you've enjoyed my work thus far and if you're interested in knowing what's been going on with me, keep reading. If not, know that I love and appreciate you, and have a lovely day.
My life in a poorly organized list:
1) I'll be honest. I haven't done much work on Last Cell this year. It's a pity because I had hoped I'd finish it by the end of the year. We're going to have to be realistic - that's not going to happen. Still, I shall try my very best to get to work on it. I think I struggled so much because these next few chapters have to be happy for the plot. And I haven't been happy. The majority of this year and most of last year has been spent in utter depression (for many reasons, some of which you all are already aware). That is to say, I just couldn't find the inspiration to write what needed to be written. I think I'm getting past that hurdle now, and hopefully you all will have more coming your way.
2) I am now well into my final year of school. It's been intense. My classes are harder than I imagined they would be. I might have to go on radio silence again next month to cope with the difficulty of it all.
3) I've just started reading this book called "The Truth about Advertising" by John Kenney, and so far it's remarkable. Would highly recommend, in case any of you are looking for something new to read.
4) Just finished season 2 of Mr. Robot. ARE ANY OF YOU FOLLOWING THIS? I love it. I love it. I cannot express to you how much I love it.
5) I have been extremely unhealthy these last couple of months. It's getting disgusting. I need to recommit to exercise, but I can't find the motivation to do so. Advice? Help? Encouragement? I'd appreciate all I can get.
6) I suppose the point of an update like this is to make full disclosure. So, full disclosure, my mental health has been on a steady decline. As some of you might be aware, I have struggled with depression and anxiety for a very long time now. It's been rearing its ugly head as of late and I've been finding it incredibly difficult to cope with every day life. I put this here because I know that this is a problem that a lot of people deal with. I want to let all of those people know, I know how you feel. I understand the struggle. I, too, fight with myself to get out of bed and do the menial tasks that require my attention. I want you to know that I understand that it feels like it's never going to end. I want to promise you that it will end, it gets better, and you will make it. I suppose I needed to hear that for myself, as well.
If any of you do ever need to talk, know that I am always here.
Thank you for sticking with me. This journey has been such a great pleasure.
October 2, 2016 - Quick update
Just stopping here to say I had about 4000 words written of Chapter 29. I hated the lot of it. I had to scrap it. So now, I'm back to a word count of zero. I will try my best to work out an update, but you guys will have to be patient with me.
I will have a longer update about my life for you just before I post Chapter 29. See you then!
STORIES IN PROGRESS: (Updated: January 2, 2016)
1) 2016 is the year I will finish The Last Cell on the Left. If I don't, feel free to execute me, burn me at the stake, or trial by combat.
2) When the Stranger's Gone is currently permanently on hiatus. Please see number 3.
3) This year I will be rewriting When a Stranger Calls. Some of you were concerned about this. Don't be afraid. Mostly, I just need to fix up the horrible grammar and spelling mistakes and add a couple of scenes that I'd edited out. The plot and all that should mostly remain the same. There were just a couple of missing clues that needed to be added in. After I'm finished, I'll continue on with When the Stranger's Gone.
4) For those of you guys reading Sociopathy, I deeply apologize. I really should have made it a one shot but I became over ambitious. As it is, I don't think I have the capacity with my other obligations and working on the other stories to give this the attention that it deserves. I'm not going to take it down. However, I am going to leave it there until such a time that I can actually give it the proper time and effort that it deserves.
5) Some time in the future, I'm going to be doing my original takes on the whole Marriage Law fic trend and the Time Travel fic trend. Have any other trends you want me to cover? Let me know! I have already done my version of the Veela trend. See On the Other Side below.
Have any comments, constructive criticism, or just want to talk? Feel free to PM me anytime or reach out at any of the other social media places listed below.
My Twitter: @murtagh799
My Snapchat: pogalast
Final playlist for On the Other Side: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE251B0A6611B8504
Banner for On the Other Side: https://twitter.com/murtagh799/status/220265305321111553/photo/1
STORIES I AM HELPING BETA CURRENTLY:
Silent Knight by Stickelbatz: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5758220/1/Silent_Knight
Edge of Darkness by nevermissme: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6923879/1/
Contracted Love by DoYouCare.Why: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6904305/1/
Three years ago, I updated this section of my profile to let you know a little bit about myself. I figured it's been long enough and people evolve. I've changed and matured, damnit, and don't let anything I do fool you! Jokes aside, I am still a Canadian living in Toronto. I've been writing fanfiction upwards of ten years now. And, yes, I am still a middle child.
I am still really bad at editing my own work, the inability to read over anything I've written a priveledge reserved for school -- OR other people's work. To be honest, I love to beta! I have a list of stories that I'm currently betaing above. Don't be afraid to message me with any requests. Beyond this, I love reading in general. So don't be afraid to shamelessly promote your own story. I will read it! I read just about anything.
Beyond that, I'm a movie fanatic. It's probably my favourite past time in the whole wide world, beyond reading.
Harry Potter series (obviously), Lord of the Rings, Inception, Scarface, The Godfather, Moulin Rouge, One Flew over the Cuckoos nest, Public Enemies, Pirates of the Carribean, Red Eye, Dark Knight Trilogy, Avengers (and all the marvel films to go along with it), The Breakfast Club, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Sherlock Holmes, Midnight in Paris, Mean Girls... (To be continued?)
I also like to pass the time with television shows. Suggest me something if you know any good ones!
Burn Notice, Game of Thrones, Mr. Robot, Marco Polo, Sex and the City, Jessica Jones, Suits, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, Gossip Girl, The Lying Game (Also to be continued...)
There isn't much more to know about me. I've a sense of humor that a lot of people don't understand - sarcasm and wit being something I rely on. I can be a social recluse at times, but I'm a very nice person, I swear! The internet is my life (or most of it anyway). Whatever time the internet and television doesn't take over is taken over by school. I have completed one degree and will be pursuing a professional one soon. I will one day have a family and children. I'll let you all know if a time like that should ever come.
I try to strive for originality, both in life and in my writing. I hope this is something you all enjoy.
My writing tends to lean towards the dramatic and serious side. This isn't something I ever planned for, it just happens that way, no matter how hard I try to keep it light and simple. I have problems expressing myself sometimes in real life, but I seem to just throw myself into my writing - almost over expressing every little influence and thought that might be passing through my head at the time. Perhaps this is why it becomes difficult to continue on writing and finishing my stories. As some of you will know, I went from a pretty regular updating schedule to sparse to absolutely nothing. I swear, I haven't hung you all up to dry - I'll be back and I'll come back with a bang.
With that said,
Thank you for reading this and anything else. I hope you have enjoyed yourself.