Author has written 7 stories for Harry Potter, and Red Eye.
February 12th - Just dropping a quick line to note that I am not oblivious to the fact that I haven't updated in a long while. I apologize, I really do. I've been pretty busy with real life (but mostly just unmotivated to write). I hope you guys can stick with me.
I'm thinking I will have something to give you guys next week. I'm pretty optimistic about this. Until then,
Much love xx
January 18th - I'm in the midst of updating chapter 21! I apologize for the delay. I know how frustrating it is to have authors go flaky on you. I'm trying I really am.
Things that are going on with me:
- Mostly just school, to be honest. It's been super stressful and competitive. Frankly, it's been killing my writing mood. All I want to do is sit and watch youtube and eat lots of junk food, if you know what I mean. But I digress.
- A dear friend of mine pointed me to read the divergent books, which I've been doing. They're really good, if I might say so myself! Good enough to write fanfiction on? Probably, just not for me. I don't think I've got the whole daredevil thing down pat. That's why writing when a stranger's gone was too difficult to continue with. I'll stick with what I think I know best, thank you very much.
- I've been obsessing over really girly things, like clothes and eyeliner, and cream shadows. Also skincare. Can't get enough good skincare these days can you? (PS: If any of you know of a good facial sunscreen, I'll be indebted to you. I'm not joking. Please help me). And also tea - who can say no to a good steaming cup of earl grey and some biscuits?
- I've been living in pajamas. Don't judge me.
STORIES IN PROGRESS:
1) I am currently in the midst of writing The Last Cell on the Left. The plan was to finish it by the end of 2014, but due to other obligations, I don't think this is a realistic goal. The new plan is to potentially get it done in the earlier months of 2015. I'll let you guys know more when I've a better time line to give you.
2) When the Stranger's Gone is currently permanently on hiatus. After I finish Last Cell I want to do a re-write of When a Stranger Calls. I feel like I really missed the ball with that one. Some of you will remember how it was accidentally deleted. The current version that's posted is unedited and a little bit of a mess. I want to rework it a little and add a few things that become a little more essential in the sequel. I'll let you guys know when this process begins, but it won't be until next year at this point.
3) When the Stranger's Gone will be worked on after the complete re-write of its prequel. It will be taken down at that time and re-posted when the prequel is finished up. I hope to get this started (and mostly finished) by the end of 2015, early 2016, but will adjust the timeline as necessary.
4) For those of you guys reading Sociopathy, I deeply apologize. I really should have made it a one shot but I became over ambitious. As it is, I don't think I have the capacity with my other obligations and working on the other stories to give this the attention that it deserves. I'm not going to take it down. However, I am going to leave it there until such a time that I can actually give it the proper time and effort that it deserves.
I do have 23 other story ideas on my list of things that I eventually want to write. Maybe I'll get to them all and maybe I won't. We shall have to see. I hope you guys stick with me! I'll let you guys know what the plans are as they develop in this section of my profile.
My Twitter: @murtagh799
Final playlist for On the Other Side:
Banner for On the Other Side:
STORIES I AM HELPING BETA CURRENTLY:
Silent Knight by Stickelbatz: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5758220/1/Silent_Knight
Edge of Darkness by nevermissme: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6923879/1/
Contracted Love by DoYouCare.Why: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6904305/1/
Three years ago, I updated this section of my profile to let you know a little bit about myself. I figured it's been long enough and people evolve. I've changed and matured, damnit, and don't let anything I do fool you! Jokes aside, I am still a Canadian living in Toronto. I've been writing fanfiction upwards of ten years now. And, yes, I am still a middle child.
I am still really bad at editing my own work, the inability to read over anything I've written a priveledge reserved for school -- OR other people's work. To be honest, I love to beta! I have a list of stories that I'm currently betaing above. Don't be afraid to message me with any requests. Beyond this, I love reading in general. So don't be afraid to shamelessly promote your own story. I will read it! I read just about anything.
Beyond that, I'm a movie fanatic. It's probably my favourite past time in the whole wide world, beyond reading.
Harry Potter series (obviously), Lord of the Rings, Inception, Scarface, The Godfather, Moulin Rouge, One Flew over the Cuckoos nest, Public Enemies, Pirates of the Carribean, Red Eye, Dark Knight Trilogy, Avengers (and all the marvel films to go along with it), The Breakfast Club, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Sherlock Holmes, Midnight in Paris, Mean Girls... (To be continued?)
I also like to pass the time with television shows. Suggest me something if you know any good ones!
Burn Notice, Game of Thrones, True Blood, Lost, Sex and the City, Entourage, Suits, White Collar, Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, The Lying Game (Also to be continued...)
There isn't much more to know about me. I've a sense of humor that a lot of people don't understand - sarcasm and wit being something I rely on. I can be a social recluse at times, but I'm a very nice person, I swear! The internet is my life (or most of it anyway). Whatever time the internet and television doesn't take over is taken over by school. I have completed one degree and will be pursuing a professional one soon. I will one day have a family and children. I'll let you all know if a time like that should ever come.
I try to strive for originality, both in life and in my writing. I hope this is something you all enjoy.
My writing tends to lean towards the dramatic and serious side. This isn't something I ever planned for, it just happens that way, no matter how hard I try to keep it light and simple. I have problems expressing myself sometimes in real life, but I seem to just throw myself into my writing - almost over expressing every little influence and thought that might be passing through my head at the time. Perhaps this is why it becomes difficult to continue on writing and finishing my stories. As some of you will know, I went from a pretty regular updating schedule to sparse to absolutely nothing. I swear, I haven't hung you all up to dry - I'll be back and I'll come back with a bang.
With that said,
Thank you for reading this and anything else. I hope you have enjoyed yourself.
Unsafe External Link