Author has written 30 stories for Harry Potter, and Naruto.
Check out some amvs I made a few months ago. They get no traffic. I don't know why I didn't think to put them here before. SasuSaku - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD2U8lh_GOg Sasuke - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRrvMdmMvbs I'd love to hear what you think!
Well, that felt strange typing that. Thought I would give this page an update! Recently I have finally moved back to the US and finished my bachelor's in English and History. Sadly I am still addicted to writing fanfics and not my own story, but it is a good place to hear the criticism (good and bad). I think my Naruto obsession might have pushed back my true goal of publishing my original works. IT'S SO ADDICTING. And my lovely friend Yasmine got me into even MORE pairings. SasuSaku is my true love, but ItaSasu and SasuNaru (yes, I never would have believed she could get me to love yaoi, but she did, seriously, scroll to the bottom of this and see what I said about slash pairing in HP a long time ago) have recently caught my attention. You can find pretty much any genre in my stories down there from fluff to angst to downright pornographic reading material :D Someone reviewed just recently about my overuse of ellipses in a really old fanfic of mine which I had to chuckle at. Just writing my recent chapter of Eternal Darkness I was like I really need to stop doing that, but alas, it might take a real editor to force me to stop. What can I say, bad habits are just that. Maybe if enough of you complain about it I might stop... so yell at me about it.
Something else you should know if you are checking out this page. When I get an idea for a fanfic, I write it down, and it might sit on my computer for months before I begin it, but when I do, I get WAY into it. If I don't finish the fic within a few months of starting it... I probably wont ever. I would love to say I will finish some of my uncompleted ones like His Darkened Soul and Break You Down (HP fic) but that is very doubtful. It's not only loss of interest, but I too forget what was going on in the story and I would have to reread the whole damn thing, then look up an old outline and... I'm just too lazy for that.
Hope you enjoy some of this nonsense I come up with!!
Hey everyone. I have recently taken a long break from my HP fics and gotten completely addicted to Naruto. It's an amazing series and I recommend it to anyone who loves a well devloped plot and great characters. I recently wrote a fic for this fandom. I have been dilligently working on an original work that I am trying to get an agent interested in. It's a romance/drama/angst that takes a lot of fantasy world attributes and puts a different twist on it. I will let you know if I ever by some miracle get an agent. :)
His Darkened Soul started out as a simple Sasuke/Sakura story, but it has evolved in my mind. The title refers to both Sasuke and Itachi and tracks the untold stories of them throughout the series. Chapter 1-3 will focus on Sasuke and Sakura while the next several chapters will focus on Itachi's story since he left Konoha. I am introducing a new character here, but she is completely plausible (I think.) After all, we don't know much about Itachi aside from his story involving Sasuke. So I see it fitting to take the direction I have.
After both stories are told, they will merge and I am waiting for the new unreleased manga chapters that will undoubtedly reveal a lot of information to outline the next part that will play into the latter part of the story.
This story is generally romance/drama/angst while you can assume all of the canon plot is still happening right along with it. I make it clear what point in the story my plot is occuring in by giving the ages of the characters and references in the story itself. I really hope you guys like it! I absoultely have fallen in love with this series, and can't help but write a fanfiction for it, when I should be working on my own story. grin oh well.
Some new projects I wanna start when I finish, "Break You Down."
1. A sequel to "Blindsided," it's in my favorites. Probably a one shot, or a two shot. Dramione of course.
2. I wanna do something involving Tom Riddle when he was at Hogwarts with his friends and a love interest. It'll probably be a non canon character unless I can think of a female that was at Hogwarts with him.
3. I wanna do a one shot on Lily/James. A romance.
Let me know if any of these sound interesting!!
A Little About Me...
Hallo!! I am updating this, because I haven't for awhile. My name is Amanda, I'm 19 and I live in Europe. I am American, however. I now live alone for a while because my husband is off fighting the never ending war. I am not going to rant, I would feel like that is anti-american, even though it definately is not, many people would think it was, which is stupid!!
Let me first say, I write Romance/Angst/Drama. And most of them are all three even though I don't know how to put three categories on the story. And when I use angst, do not take it lightly.
I like intense stories, not really much of a fluff person. I DO, however, like good humor. Normally the sarcastic Draco or irritated Harry kinda humor. I especially like Draco and Harry arguing. I hit this pretty good in my story "The Black Rose," which if you're a sucker for romance, there ya go. I love the ending to it. I think it is romantic! It is dark, but my "Lost in Darkness," is what I would call really dark. I have some pretty M rated violence and sex in that one. It is a dramione. The other two are hot one shots. "Giving in to Draco Malfoy." is based on the song by Adema. I love that one shot, I am very proud of it, it is basically an intese hot sex scene with no fluff in the Slytherin Commons. And finally, "Break You Down," started out as an evil, slightly dememted Draco, but I think I am already having him go soft for Hermione. We'll see how that one goes...
Anyway, I absolutely love Harry Potter and I adore fan fiction. In truth, I think some fan fiction is better than the novels themselves. This is mainly due to the fact that the novels are childrens/teens books.
Deathly Hallows- I will try to not have any spoilers in this. I loved the final battle, thought it was bad ass, and I liked the epilogue. I have not talked to anyone who has liked the epilogue yet... lol.
Me on Draco Malfoy as a character...
I am a HUGE Draco/Hermione shipper, even though I knew it would never be canon. I don't care though, I forget that part and think how I want to, they ARE fictional characters after all, ya know?
I love Draco's character so much. However, not his canon character. I ignore him in book 7, hated what JKR did to him in book 7. I wanted so much more from his character, and that is why I write fan fiction on him. There is SO much you can do with him. In book 6 he is set up to go in any direction. I am currently exploring each of these directions in my fan fictions.
He could join the good guys, he could be an awesome Death Eater, or he could fake one side or the other out. I love it all becuase as of book 6 it was all possible. He has a very dymnamic personality that JKR killed for me. But I forgive her because Harry was bad ass in book 7. I still love book 7. She can leave Draco to us I guess. lol
Okay, I'm off to bed, take care. PM me if you wanna discuss Draco or Harry Potter or anything at all really, I love talking to people all over the world!!
1. Ships I typically like canon ships like Harry/Ginny, however I do read much Hermione/Harry, and Hermione/Draco. (This use to say Hermione/Ginny, hah, whoops!) My favorite ship is Draco/another female character. Said best by my friend Yemi Hikari, "I refuse to use the ship names!" lol, I hate crap like 'Dramione'. Silly. (Even though I do sometimes say it, grins sheepishly). Now I am into Naruto, mainly T rated Sasuke and Sakura, when they are in character as much as possible.
2. Format The format must be readable and all in the same point of view. I do read first person point of views, however I prefer omniscient third person. Grammar must be decent, no abbreviations.
3. Canon Characters In stories I choose to read, I prefer canon characters to be in character. In other words, Draco is not going to just fall madly in love with Hermione. If I can see the transition from 'in character' Draco, to 'falling in love with Hermione' Draco, I may like it a lot. Same with Sasuke and Sakura, character development is key here.
4. New Characters If a new character is introduced to the story, I will typically only read it if that character is made into a person and not just a name that only the author sees as a person. Character development is important. Unless, of course, this new character is not a major character. However, under any other circumstances, flat characters are not good.
5. AU There are many stories out there that I won't touch. If they are interesting, maybe, but for the most part the 'Harry didn't exist' or 'Voldemort turned Harry into a girl' I do not read. They may be interesting to someone, but I'm too in tune with the books to read such works.
6. Slash Nope. None of that. I just simply don't get it in the Harry Potter fandom world. Talk about out of character.
My Opinion of Stupid People on This Site
As for those people who feel there are certain rules to go by, I feel they are a bit ridiculous. Anyone can write whatever they want, regardless of what others think. Furthermore, they should be able to do so without harsh criticism. If someone does not like Draco/Hermione, (which I feel will never happen in the books, but still read them enjoyably) then they should not read those stories. What is fanfiction if you do not stray somewhat from the facts of the books? Bottom line is, everyone should be respectful and decent towards another. In the not so small world of Harry Potter Fanfiction, we see problems that wars have been fought over and it is ridiculous. This is a hobby that everyone should be able to enjoy without rudeness from others.