Poll: I'm thinking I'll post once a week. Does that sound good? Keep in mind that the more often I upload, the lower the quality the chapter will be. I'm not using that as an excuse, but life is busy. Just FYI! Vote Now!
Author has written 1 story for Borderlands.
Hello everyone! My name is Gorthan(not really, but it is my username so...)
I hope that the stories I write are bearable for you to read! I know they might not be the best, but I do hope they don't make you too confused or angry or whatever.
So, I was trying to figure out how I wanted to use this section to help you get to know me without dropping all this sensitive information, so I decided to go through a few of the catagories here on the site and list my favorite titles and fanfictions of said titles, so here we go!
Percy Jackson and the Olympians
By far my favorite book series. My favorite book to read is House of Hades. If you havent read it, its basically Greek and Roman mythology in a modern day setting.
Some of my favorite fanfictions from this series are ones like "Lord Perseus Child of Rome" by Anaklusmos14, and all the Fics written by LiveLaughLove. The ones by LLL are ususally very realistic takes on the story, post-canon. Another one to check out is called "Silver Screen" which follows a Pop-star!Percy and Youtuber!Annabeth, and all the other fics by herecomesthepun. Also, be sure to check out the one-shot artists MaydayParade, SomethingMoreCreative, writergirl8, and greenconverse.
(OPINION WARNING) I like the first four books of this series, but I have a really hard time with the last three. They feel very dragged out. But hey, thats just me. If you like the last three, I'm very happy for you.
Most of the fics I like from this title are ones that follow the canon to a point but make Harry smarter or more willing to take control. Fics like "Poision Pen" or "Angry Harry and the Seven" or, funnily enough, "Taking Control" are good ones that fall in that catagory(mostly, Angry Harry follows the canon a bit less but is the same idea). However, if I could petition one Harry Potter Fanfiction to become its own story, itd have to be "A Mauraders Plan". That one follows a story line that has Sirius taking up the mantel of Lord Black after the events of the third book, despite Dumble's insistence otherwise.
To be fair, I like basically anything Bethesda has put out, but thats not the point. My favorite game would definitly be a toss-up between Fallout and Elder Scrolls, but just because I came across it first, I'd have to say Fallout takes the number 1 spot.
The games are set about 200 years after a massive nuclear fallout(get it?) render the surface world a toxic wasteland. Its a massive open-world RPG.
I'll be honest. I haven't checked out a lot of the fics from this game. The main one I've read is also the longest fanfiction I've read which is "Sheason Fisher". The story follows the main character as they journey through a bunch of wacky situations and make lots of friends and its super good.
Confession time. I've really only played Skyrim. I know, I know. Boo me off stage, throw rotten fruit at me, call me a filthy casual. I played Morrowind for all of 20 minutes, but that doesnt count. Regardless, Skyrim is just like fallout in the sense that its an huge, open-world RPG. However, instead of being futuristic, its a world of swords and castles and its all great fun. 10/10 would reccomend.
The main 2 fics I've read were both Dovakhiin/Serena so don't hate. I really liked them both though. There is "Land of My Fathers" where the main character is more of a warrior, and "Your Eyes at Sunset" which is a Listener Dovahkhiin. I think "Your Eyes at Sunset" has a sequel, but I havent had the chance to read it.
This game is just so awesome. Its a loot based first person shooter that is set on a different planet and its super fun and wacky and the characters are so ridiculous in all the right ways. If you get the chance, I would say play it. (OPINION WARNING AGAIN) I prefer the second one myself, but to each their own.
This is actually the only thing I've written a fic on thus far. I am currently working on an outline for a Warcraft 3 based fic, but that's neither here nor there. "Always Time for Family" is a Maya centric fic about a new arrival with a strange past shrouded in mystery. He seems to be very capable, yet unwilling to share how. Eventual MayaxOC
So, I haven't read a ton of fics for this game, but the ones I have are fantastic. There are the one-shots by Hyenaraptor which are all Krieg Maya centric and hit you right in the feels. There is also Life is Pain which is also a Kriegcentric one-shot. I just love Krieg. Anywho.
All credit for the following "Fanfiction Commandments" were not my own making. I got them from LiveLaughLove. I don't know where they got them from, but I thought they were really funny.
1. Thou shalt not post a fic until it has been checked for grammar and spelling errors. The fanfiction gods hath given you a spellchecker on the computer for good reason. Use it.
2. Thou shalt not post a chapter of less than 100 words, unless it is a drabble. This displeases the masses.
3. Thou shalt not put author's notes in the middle of the story.
4. Thou shalt NEVER use text-speak in a fic, unless the characters are actually texting.
5. Thou shalt keep to one tense, and only one, throughout the story. Do not switch randomly.
6. Apply the above number 5 to POVs as well.
7. Thou shalt not get offended when someone makes fun of the crack pairing featured in your fanfiction. It probably is rather hilarious.
8. Thou shalt not use , ;, or :( in a fanfiction to show the emotion exhibited by a character.
9. Thou shall try-eth to keep characters in character!
10. Thou shall not treat every criticism as a flame.
11. The author's note is not a spot for your personal drama, and thou shalt not make it so.
12. Thou shalt not put any form of the phrase "first fic" in thy summary.
13. Thy created characters must not have names that exceed five syllables in length. Nor shall thy name have more than five words in length.
14. Thou shall not insert thyself into the story line as thyself or as a character- yes we know that you are in love with yourself and are very narcissistic, we just don’t want to read about how you end up with the main character.
15. If thou art writing a story that does not follow the original story line, point it out in the beginning.
16. Thou shall not make a person randomly smart or powerful unless stating a reason for the change (a good reason).
17. Thou shalt show and not tell.
18. Thou shalt not EVER use the phrase "I suck at summaries" in-est thine summary. This annoys thine readers.
19. Thou shalt not write the same way thou speak-est- writing is an art.
20. Thou shalt ALWAYS spell the word "okay" correctly. Using the letter "K" is an unacceptable compromise.
21. Thou shalt only use clichés when thou a) art writing a parody or b) find a new and interesting twist to make such clichés bearable to thine reader.
22. Thou shalt always separate dialogue from two separate speakers in two separate paragraphs. Otherwise thine readers shalt be confuse-ed.
23. Thou shalt not EVER make a chapter all one paragraph. THIS INFURIATES BOTH THINE READER AND THE FANFICTION GODS. They have given thee an ENTER key with good reason.
24. Thou shalt not write with thy caps lock on, it displeases the masses and causes thy readers to lose their vision and make angels weep.
25. Thou shalt know how to spell the character's names correctly before you writeth the fic. Misspelling the name of the main characters makes readers angry and distracts from the story.
26. Thou shalt not say in thine summary "summary inside". This shows lack of creativeness and infuriates the masses. The only exception is when a summary is cut short and a continuation of it lies inside.
27. Thou shall use paragraphs and space the story so it is not terrifyingly daunting to thine readers.
I, Gorthan376, do solemnly swear to review all the fics I read, regardless of the number of reviews, its age, or anything else. I have joined the Review Revolution.
Copy and Paste this into your profile to join the Revolution; because everyone knows how much it sucks when you have 500 hits and 3 reviews...
(I got that part from IzzyNeko)