Author has written 54 stories for Naruto, Sailor Moon, CSI: New York, House, M.D., Criminal Minds, Pokémon, X-Men: The Movie, and Wicked.
About my writing:
I am a fanfiction reader and writer of Wicked, Sailor Moon, CSI: New York, House MD, X-Men and Criminal Minds. I consider myself an instinctive writer: I do not plan out my longer works, but go with the flow and let the characters take me wherever they want to go. I am also a very emotional writer, rather than a plot driven one. I like to dig deep into a character's thoughts and feelings and explore how different characters might respond to the same situation. Character development is important to me.
I have a habit of writing characters into misery, but will never go too far because I love them too much to truly do horrific things to them. It's more like I enjoy putting them in psychological misery rather than physical. I don't kill off characters, or give them life threatening illnesses. But I do write them into depression occasionally. In my 'Wicked' fanfictions 'Moment of Weakness' and 'Overcoming Adversity' I must have Galinda crying like, every other chapter. And she's supposed to be the most bubbly character. :/
I can also be a quite critical reviewer - in a constructive criticism kind of way, not a mean, bullying or flaming way. I love giving feedback on other people's stories, and helping them to improve so if you need some help, go ahead and check out my beta profile, especially if it's a Gelphie fic you want help with.
Things that bug me in fics:
1. People always make out that Stella (CSI: New York) is this superwoman who does everything by herself. And ok, I get it. She's strong, independent and feisty. But one thing that some writers fail to acknowledge is that Stella does in fact know how to ask for help and she does sometimes cry in front of other people. Look at episodes such as 'All Access' and 'The Ride In' - both of these are good examples of Stella's more vulnerable side, and clearly show her reaching out to other people.
2. Another CSI: New York one - 'Peyton and Stella hate each other and have a bitch fight' fics: It is clearly shown in the episode 'Point of View' that Stella and Peyton do not actually hate each other. In fact, Stella is glad to see her again. The concept of Peyton being a bitch or rivalling with Stella might work well in SOME AU fics, but if you're writing canon stories, DON'T DO IT.
3. Character X realizes they're in love with character Y and character Y realizes they're in love with character X but both think the other one doesn't love them so they mope around for ages while all the other characters can see it's obvious they're head over heels for each other, then loads of drama happens and they finally confess their love to each other and live happily ever after. What a cliché.
4. X/Y Established relationship. No, people, that's not the way it works. You do not simply take two characters and decide that they're randomly together. That's not how it works! If you want two characters to be together, you have to create a basis for their relationship or else it's just not believable. Nor is it believable if you get two characters hot for each other then they hop into bed together. NO. PLEASE.
5. Really awful sex scenes. There is a way to write them well, and so many people don't do it. Writing a sex scene in fanfiction is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT to writing a sex scene in erotic fiction. It's not supposed to sound like a porno! So please, PLEASE stop going into such graphic detail and using crude language because it's extremely off-putting!
6. OOC for no reason. All characters have their very basic character traits. It is understandable if a significant situation deeply impounded on a character and caused a reaction different from their normal one. But to altogether completely change a character and then slap on a 'Warning: OOC' in the summary doesn't work for me. I consider that lazy, and inconsiderate of the characters.
CSI: New York
ON HIATUS: 'The Concept of Self-Discovery' is on hiatus, and may or may not be picked up again at some point.
How I know I'm obsessed with 'Wicked':
The Wicked Creed
I don't normally post things like this in my profile, but the Wicked Creed makes me tear up every time I read it, so I thought it deserved to be posted here.
The Wicked Creed
Whenever it rains, I promise to remember Elphie.
Whenever I see animal abuse, I promise to remember Doctor Dillamond.
Whenever I see someone with disabilities, I promise to remember Nessarose.
When I see someone whose vanity blinds them, I'll think of Galinda.
When I see someone who's changed for good through a death, I'll remember Glinda.
When I hear about cruel dictators, I'll curse the Wizard and his deeds.
When I see a bullying teacher, I'll remember Madme Morrible.
When I see two lovers risking everything for the other, I'll remember Fiyero and Elphaba.
When I hear children teasing another for differences, I'll remember Elphaba and her strength.
When I see two friends fighting, I'll remember Glinda and Elphaba...and how one argument can affect the rest of your life.
When I see a boy lovesick over a girl who'll never be his, I'll remember Boq.
Whenever I see a monkey chattering, I'll remember how hard Elphaba worked to get Chistery to talk.
If you love Wicked, you'll think of this creed and post it in your profile.
2013 7th Annual Wicked Awards:
1st - Best Gelphie - Overcoming Adversity. :D
Unsafe External Link
|Community:||Ami and Mako Ultimate|
|Focus:||Anime/Manga Sailor Moon|