Author has written 2 stories for Outsiders.
Hi! I'm Laura. Thanks for stopping by.I'm mostly putting plugs in here for all the awesome places I go.
I beta for this awesome author called tensleep. Her site is www.fanfiction.com/~tensleep - you should check out her stuff.
Also, if you write Outsiders fanfiction, I can't recommend highly enough the WSOTT discussion forum. It can be found here:
NEW UPDATE: Forward Motion won the "Best Soda" category in the WSOTTA! Thank you very much to everyone who voted! XD
Also, I am undecided on the fate of Sam and Soda and "Forward Motion". I'm not sure if I'll continue or not, but after re-reading, I'm considerably unhappy with it, so if I do update, it will probably not be what you're expecting. Thank you all for reviewing and reading!
Last, You can probably look for some one-shots from me in the near future, so add me to your author alert list if you want to know when they come out. I'll probably be starting another story too, though I'm not sure who it will center around or what type it will be. I'm just feeling creative and finally having some time to write and critique.
Thanks much for stopping by - I'll be back soooooon!
Have a great day!
P.S. I'm somewhat of a grammar freak, and these things in particular bother me.
1. Definitely - SPELL IT RIGHT!!!! Do not write "defiantly" because defiantly means with defiance or in a defiant manner. Surely, not the same thing. Eek!
2. Must of - not proper. The proper phrase is "Must have." Use it.
3. Spacing after periods - There are, according to the commonly-accepted MLA standards, to be 2 spaces after a period. Now, one is acceptable in other formats, but really, 2 is best. Especially on FF, which tends to get all squished anyway.
4. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS CHOCOLATE, Use your spell checker, folks. If you don't have a program that has it, email me your story and I'll do it for you. AND PROOFREAD! I like to read things out loud before I submit them so I know that they flow. I can't stand spelling mistakes and interchangeable words - they make reading less enjoyable.
5. Another biggie here! Ready? There/They're/Their
There - a place; Hey, look over there!
They're - Contraction, short for they are; They're coming around later.
Their - showing possession to a group; Don't touch their things until they return.
Practical application: Their things will remain over there until they're back.
6. Ensure/Insure - to ensure something it so make sure of it, to insure something is to provide financial coverage for it.
There are more - there are always more - but we'll cross those bridges as we come to them.
|Community:||Romance Worth Reading|