Author has written 2 stories for Harry Potter.
Hi everyone. AmyRose512 here. As you can probably tell, I like to read and write fan fiction, particularly Harry Potter fanfics (although I have been branching out into Avatar: The Last Airbender and Young Justice stories, too).
Pottermore Username: DreamQuill212
• "Long Day": Like it says in the summary, this is a drabble I wrote for an angst challenge over on the fics-nextgen tumblr. I was kind of playing around with the idea of there being another Wizarding War and Ron being caught in the crossfire, and this was kind of a "trial-run" for that. I'm not sure if I'll write a longer story that details the events leading up to or that come after it, but it is an interesting possibility. Anyway, I really tried to capture the sense of anxiety, depression, and exhaustion that comes with taking care of an older parent.
• "Seeing the Light": This was my first story, and it was also a response to a challenge. I'm actually pretty proud of this one because (a) it was the first story I'd ever finished, and (b) it's actually not that bad of a story. Of course, I'm biased, but from what other people have said, it's not as bad as it could've been. Anyway, I've had a bit of a fascination with the Next-Gen characters, and I think that Louis is one of the more neglected characters in the fandom, so it's nice that I've written something about him. It's just a nice little brother/sister fic that I had been thinking about for awhile.
My favorite pairings are:
Harry Potter: Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione, James/Lily, Remus/Tonks...basically, all the canon ones. If JKR wrote it, I ship it.
Avatar: The Last Airbender: Zuko/Mai, Tokka/Suki, although shipping's not really as much as a concern for me in this fandom as it is in, say, Harry Potter. I don't really like Zutara fics though. Sorry!
Young Justice: Spitfire, Traught, Chalant, and Supermartian, in that order.
Fanfiction Pet Peeves:
• When writers demand a certain number of reviews before posting the next chapter.
• When writers only accept reviews that praise their work. Reviews are meant to let a writer know what works and what doesn't. Of course, no one should leave abusive or hateful comments in a review (and if someone does, then you should definitely block and report them), but readers should be allowed to post what they actually think about a story, even if that includes criticism.
• When writers actually add the words "Bad summary" or "Summary sucks" to the summary of their story. If you can't even write a proper summary telling me what your story is about, then how can I be sure that the story will actually be good?
• Prominent OCs, especially when there's no warning in the summary.
• Rampant misspellings and poor grammar. A few mistakes here and there are fine, but too many, and I don't care how good the plot is, I'm moving on.
I do have some ideas for future stories, but I won't be posting anything until it's complete. If I ever post a multi-chapter fic, just know that I will have already finished it before I post the first chapter. That way, I won't leave anyone hanging for months or years at a time.