Poll: To those out there who like Snarry: What other slash or het couples do you like? Vote Now!
Author has written 54 stories for Harry Potter, and Undertale.
Hello, I go by Bones.
Update 3/9/2016: Scrapped my old laptop and have taken a hiatus updating fics on ff.net. Note: I'm still writing fanfics. I'll just be writing them in my notebook and posting them when they are complete. It won't be consistent updating until I get a new laptop.
Update 10/2/14: Finally found the two fics that I was looking for: If anyone wanted to know the names of those fics the first one is 'On the Other Side of Hate' by linlawless thanks Ouatic-7 for finding it. The other fic is 'Teacher's Pet' by IceQueenRia.
UPDATE 5/15/14: Need anyone who's good at characterizing the tenth doctor and the master from the doctor who series and doesn't mind the fact that I'm going to ship slash pairings including 10/Master and Snarry in my story.
MUST REMIND SELF TO WRITE HARRY/FLEUR BECAUSE IT SOUNDS GOOD ON PAPER. LOL.
Bootcamps: 1/300 with 150 more that could be on the way.
As of 8/26/2011 I will work on a Remus/Tonks fic for that particular story that I had in mind when I made that poll all them weeks ago.
12/19/2012: For the 'Snarry Marriage Law' poll (and I use marriage law loosely) since the side couples most voted for happen to be the ones I've planned out for 'a Snarry marriage law' fanfic in the future I'm sticking with the original side couples I had planned which are: Draco/Hermione, Albus/Gellert, Voldemort/Bellatrix.
However the couples that people have voted for the most I will use in other Snarry fanfic so it's not completely ruled out. All of these are honorable mentions: Sanguini/Luna, Lucius/Narcissa, Scorpius/Rose, Ron/Cho, Rabastan/Andromeda, Neville/Lily Luna, Daphne/Theo and Blaise/Tracey.
My next gen headcanons: (I have four established headcanons based on several events. All five are susceptible to change. Just jotting them down so I don't forget.)
1. Harry/Hermione, Draco/Luna, Ron/OC, Jessica/Viktor, George/Verity, Neville/Lily Luna, Albus/Rose, James/Candice Nott, Lucy/Leonard, Molly/Scorpius, Michael/Lucy, Arnold/Lydia, Victoire/Jacques Badeaux, Teddy/Sirius' daughter
2. Harry/Hermione, Draco/Luna, Ron/OC, Jessica/Viktor, Neville/Victoire, Rose/Leonard Malfoy, OC Sirius's son/Emma Potter, Daniel Potter/Molly Weasley, Michael Malfoy/Lucy, Austin/Eileen, Jacques Badeaux/Dominique, Fred/Katie, George/Verity.
3. Harry/Ginny, Snape/Hermione, Ron/OC, Fred/Verity, George/Katie, Rose/Scorpius, Lily/Lysander, Molly/Male OC Snape, Austin/Female OC Snape, Lucy/Lorcan, Teddy/Victoire Dominique/Jacques Badeaux
4. Harry/Ginny, Draco/Hermione, Ron/OC, Scorpius/Molly, Arthur/Eileen, James/Andromeda, Rose/Lorcan, Septimus/Lysander, Neville/Lily, Lucy/Lysander. Victoire/Jacques
5. Harry/Ginny, Draco/Hermione, Ron/OC, Lily/Scorpius, Molly/Charlie Potter, Lucy/Lorcan, Arthur/Lysander, William/Eileen, James/Andromeda, Teddy/Lydia, Dominique/Jacques Badeaux, Neville/Victoire.
The couples that don't change: Lee/Angelina, OC/Alicia Spinnet, Bill/Fleur, Percy/Audrey, Remus/Tonks, Roxanne Jordan/OC Thomas, Marvin Zabini/OC Thomas
Next gen hints in the Epilogue of DH don't apply at all to my headcanon so bear this in mind.
Universe 1. Harry had three kids from Ginny and Hermione has a kid from Ron before the two wind up together. Harry's children retain their names from canon but are slightly older due to the fact Ginny was pregnant when she turned 13. Hermione was pregnant when she was 14 and had Arnold Weasley named after her uncle who is the son of Ron however not long afterwards she's obliviated. Rose is Ron's youngest daughter having been born while he was 16 with his future wife. Harry's father is Severus Snape. Remus and Tonks have a son before she dies and Remus winds up with Narcissa. Teddy happens to be much younger than Harry's children and is paired with Lydia. Bill and Fleur survive and their daughter attends beaubeatons eventually winding up with Jacques Badeaux. Draco and Luna have two kids, Leonard and Michael. Amelia and Sirius have a daughter after the war. Fred dies. Hermione's family divorced at a young age and Hermione has a sister named Jessica. David and Jane Granger are her parents and both are dentists in Universe 2-5 as well.
Universe 2. Harry and Hermione have two kids: Emma and Daniel Potter. Ron had two children: Rose like the first universe and Austin named after a relative of Ron's girlfriend. Snape has a daughter that he illegally created after a brief hookup with a sterile woman. Remus hooks up with Narcissa instead of Tonks but they can't have kids. Draco's headcanon with Luna is pretty much the same as Universe 1. Sirius dies at the end of book 3 and Harry discovers he has a son. Fred and George both have kids.
Universe 3. Harry and Ginny don't have any kids because Ginny is sterile. Since Snape and Hermione don't want kids they give up their two sons and daughter to Harry and Ginny to be adopted. Ron much like Universe 3 names his child, Austin. Draco had a kid with Astoria much like the canon universe. Sirius hooks up with Rosemerta and doesn't have kids. George has no kids and Fred has 2 kids, Olga and Jacob. Remus happily marries Tonks and has a kid.
Universe 4. Harry and Ginny have three kids: James Rubeus Severus Potter, William Arthur Sirius Potter and Lily Luna Potter. William is named after a distant uncle of Harry's. Ron has two children with his wife: Rose and Arthur Weasley, Arthur being named after his father. Arthur dies and Harry happens to be more closer to Arthur in this universe. Draco has an affair with Astoria after hooking up with Hermione having a son named Scorpius. Andromeda is Hermione's child and Draco's youngest child. Snape has a daughter with a similar back story as in Universe 2. Luna hooks up with Rolf before breaking it off and hooking up with Charlie when she turns 36. Fred and George are single. Remus's dies.
Universe 5. Harry and Hermione have a miscarriage and she is pregnant with Harry's child. Hermione has an affair with Charlie kept secret until their son's birth. After Charlie dies, Hermione has an affair with Draco whose married to Astoria and already had Scorpius. Harry hooks up with Ginny and has three kids with the same names as Universe 4. Snape's daughter once again has the same back story as in Universe 2 and 4. Both Fred and George are dead. Remus happily marries Tonks and has a kid. Remus' headcanon is similar to Universe 1.
Another fascinating fact: Most people who voted on my poll seem to like Dark Harry the best and prefer a submissive Harry over a dominant one. Is this important? It might be...wink.
Another interesting fact: Duster and Kumatora from Mother 3 seem to look alot like Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks from HP :D
"I, dem bones have challenged myself! I'm proud to be a part of the HPFC forum."
Headcanon voices for undertale characters:
UF!, UT! Sans-SuperShadicX250
US!Sans and US!UT!Papyrus-pshattackproductions
UT,UF,US! Muffet, Catty and Bratty-Katerinu2
UT!, UF! Mettaton-The Nth Human
Gerson, Mad dummy, Burgerpants-Timber Puppers
UT, UF, US! Napstablook- Has an old gentleman voice
Been getting a kick out of Undertale so here's my fave couples
UT! Chara/UT! Gaster father/son relationship
Toriel/Frisk mother/daughter relationship in any universe.
UF! Pap/UF! Frisk
US! Pap/UF or US! Frisk
UT! Muffet/UT! Frisk
UF! Burgerpants/UF! NiceCreamguy
DT! Asriel/ DT! spoiler
DT! Kid/DT! Barby
DT! Kid/DT! Frisk
DT! Frisk/DT! Papyrus
OT! Napstablook/OT! Frisk
UF! Papyrus/UT! Mettaton
DT=Dancetale AU but it's actually mixed in with two other AUs as well.
Underterror=a horrifying AU
G=Stands for Gaster
DR=Dreemurr reborn AU
Seraphim!=Is based on an AU where Sans absorbs all the human souls.
NOTPS: Undyne/Papyrus unless it's in Acidtale, Undyne/Sans, Undyne/Alphys (especially when it's a side couple that serves no purpose.), Catty/Bratty or Catty and Bratty with anyone other than Burgerpants and NiceCreamguy, Burgerpants with anyone other than Frisk, NiceCreamguy or Catty, NiceCreamguy with anyone but Frisk, Burgerpants or Bratty. Alphys/Sans, Alphys/Papyrus, Asgore/Toriel unless it's a love triangle thing with Sans, Mettaton/Papyrus. Incest unless it's US! Pap/UF! Sans, Chara/Asriel or Napstablook/Mettaton. Every other couple is meh.
Top three favourite het pairings in Harry Potter.
1. Snanger (I changed it, but it still counts as my hated pairing because I hated it before I had to write one. So there.)
2. Snily: SS/LE. This only takes second place because there isn't enough fanfic about any mutual romance between these two. It's like everyone likes one-sided Snily.*sad face*
3. H/G and H/HR tied for third. I like the bitchiness of Ginny and Harry's feisty behavior in H/G and love writing about Hermione striving to be an independent woman in a completely incompatible relationship with Harry. Can you tell that I love writing about incompatible relationships?
Top 3 SLASH pairings.
1. Severus/Harry OTP
Call me strange call me twisted but it's awfully strange that their patronuses match.
2. Salazar/Harry or Sal/Harry
Top 3 favourite Femmeslash pairings:
My OT3 is Harry/Hermione/Luna.
Weirdest pairings that I've ever read:
1. Hagrid/Hedwig (This one scarred me for life.)
3. Snape/Giant Squid
6. Harry/Peter...yes that's Pettigrew. FYI, it was a very good fic. ;D
8. Snape/Umbridge--I've loved Snumbridge before I seen the FF but there's one I remember loving to read.
9. Snape/Trelawney--I also adored this one. It's not really as weird as I thought it would be.
I am on a crusade... The Ron Crusade!
I have noticed that there is a disturbing lack of awesome Ron stories and he is only redeemed when he had a romantic love interest. Try finding any cool Ron story that isn't romantic or humourous and all your left with is Ron Bashing. If Ron has a critical role in a fanfiction I vow I will not write him out nor will he be the epitome of fanfiction writers/readers fantasies made to sink Ron shippings unless for parody. I have also made a challenge to myself to write fanfictions where he is the main character without being dragged in a romantic relationship. Join the Ron Crusade today.
Pairings that I hate to read:
Harry/Female character--Especially when it can be summarised as the following: Cliche plot device to get preferred woman with Harry, Bashing all non-favorite characters, Over emphasis of Harry's super powers if he gets any, Harry and woman character are reduced to fluff magnets with no conflict in their lives.
(So to put it bluntly if H/HR is clearly written like a H/G with all the fluff, super powers and bashing it's not any better than an H/G fanfic. It doesn't make H/HR any better unless there's a mass of fans who think Harry would look better shagging a brunette/coughEmma'sHermionecough. Not that there's a problem with that. wink.)
Dominant male character/I allow everyone to kick my butt! Harry and I'm talking about Seme! and Uke! Tropes that ruin the complete makeup of characters.
Ron/Hermione--It's just like reading a bad H/G or a love/hate fic. I'm sorry but there was more potential for one of those with Hermione and a certain pureblood. I'm sorry but the blatancy of this couple in the books is annoying to me. Some say Hermione deserves better but I say, RON DESERVES BETTER because I've never seen such an arrogant self absorbed nag in my life. Then the bushy haired harpy has the nerve to say that Ron has the emotional range of a teaspoon.
R/HR's romance is built on love/hate, an overused cliché that isn't even used an interesting way and I can understand why...because without this 'overused' cliché the romance between them would be BORING. To me their divorce would be more lively.
Harry/Luna--It's not that I dislike them but more that I can't see any chemistry between them that doesn't sound like something that was spawned at the spur of the moment.
Neville/Luna-- Again I don't really see the chemistry but I can understand the couple but it's not something I really care to read unless it's a side couple.
Pairings I hate to write:
Snape crossgen with everyone but Harry and Hermione, Sirius or Remus crossgen, Blaise/any male characters except Harry or Draco, Theo/any male characters other than Harry, Sirius/Remus, Draco/Ginny, Neville/Luna, Seamus/Dean, Dean/Ginny, Michael/Ginny, Michael/Cho, Ron/Lavender, Cormac/Hermione, Harry/Cho, Rowena/Helga, Godric/Salazar, McGonagall/Grubbyplank, McGonagall/Hooch, McGonagall/Sprout, Sprout/Grubbyplank, Sprout/Hooch, Hooch/Grubbyplank, McGonagall/Hermione, Crabbe/Goyle, Angelina Johnson with anyone other than Lee Jordan, Alicia Spinnet/anyone other than OMC, Tracey with anyone other than Dean or Blaise, Padma/any female character, Parvati/any female character, Anthony Goldstein, Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle, Dumbledore crossgen over one generation apart, Dumbledore with any female characters
Stuff I was challenged to write but couldn't write:
Oliver/Luna--I wouldn't even know where to start with this pairing.
Sirius/Remus--Seriously? How did these two ever wind up together?
All clichés/concepts I love: Creature fics, fics that are either AUs or stories that have AUs, Azkaban fics, Time Travel, New Schools, Evil Snape (without bashing or making Snape stupid which are both one and the same in my eyes), Guardianships, Manipulative Dumbledore (without bashing), Parodies, Political fics, Runaway Harry especially after he returns years later, WBWL fics, I love tastefully done Fem! Harrys if it makes sense for the plot to have one. *Primarily if she is preggers and having girl problems.* (IF/Whenever I decide to write it...
Fem! Harry/anyone is fine but I'd prefer reading her with male! or female! Snape, Sirius, Fred or George, Ron, male! or female! Ginny and male! Hermione.
For those with an uncanny love for all things character! centric and romance related: All stories with a couple that determines the overall wellbeing/SANITY of the reader will be labeled by brackets if it's a main pairing.
The only exceptions are:
1. Love Triangles--in which the characters in said love triangle are listed but not in brackets.
2. Stories where the main characters overshadow the pairings another case in which no pairing is in brackets. In which case proceed with caution BECAUSE I'm unpredictable. :P (or better yet just ask if through review or pm if you want to be spoiled with the outcome of pairings but only if it prevents you from sleeping at night.)
HP Fandom dislikes/Pet Peeves
I absolutely hate fics that say canon then the story assumes that Harry loves Hermione before the events of their story. Harry sees Hermione as a sister. It is possible to feel that for someone who doesn't even have siblings to compare to. If Harry loves Hermione I want to know why. Nothing in the books is sufficient evidence proving this theory. I read the books and knew for a fact H/Hr weren't going to get together.
Getting canon facts mixed up especially Harry and Hermione's supposed kisses. They only had one kiss seen in the books and in the movies both in an illusion caused by the locket horcrux. It doesn't even count as a valid kiss in my opinion though I did discover she does kiss him on the cheek on P.636 of GOF.
Another thing I dislike is when I read a good fanfiction and then someone points out that they are disturbed by the lack of professional content. Quite frankly I don't give two cents about it as long as I can understand it. If the story isn't interesting to me it's not going to matter if the story is well polished or not. I treat fanfiction like I would a real book if it's not interesting to me what does it matter to me if it's well polished. I am more interested in unprofessional fanfiction than actual stories. There are more fanfiction that I like than actual books. I desire the story not the professionalism.
Stories where Ron is an insufficient match for Hermione because he's an angry, cruel, jealous bigot looking out for his self-interests: This comes into play when different interpretations of canon are brought to light and I hate how everyone says Ron is bad yet Harry gets by with practically the same shenanigans.
1. Harry didn't even want to talk with Ron after he was feeling moody in book 4 and sure Ron was at fault for that but...when all went awry with Ron and he had insecurities Harry certainly didn't talk with him. When everything went wrong with Harry in book 7, at least after Ron left he tried to get back to them, you know who had to be the go between person in book 4, HERMIONE! Sounds a lot like abandoning your friends when all goes awry.
2. Who insulted Hermione in book 1 for being flat out unlikable, Ron... but who was thinking along the same lines but didn't speak his mind...Harry.
3. Who was thinking about abandoning his friends at Grimmauld place with the threat of war imminent: Harry. Who did something similar in DH but was called out on it? Ron.
4. Who got unreasonably angry in books 4 and 5 at Hermione? Harry. What did Ron do in books 4 and 5? He sure didn't get unreasonably angry.
5. Who gets accused of cheating even though there is anti-cheating quills to prevents it? Ron. Who went to Hermione for help with homework? Harry and Ron and if that makes Ron a cheater, then Harry is also a cheater.
I hate the idea that Draco/Hermione can't be together because Draco hates mudbloods/is a cruel bully/who did some awfully bad things. Snape in the fandom gets by with it and Harry and Ron practically have this agenda of avoiding characters that diss mudbloods and they bully, somethings they do are outright awful yet Harry and Hermione are saintly? The two Draco/Hermione are both morally ambiguous characters. Hermione didn't even oppose the 'love potion' scenario from book 2 and book 6, removed her parent's memories without any of their consent yet Draco is more evil because he used the imperius curse to serve V's agenda to protect his family. Don't even tell me that this blond git had other intentions. You try to tell me that Draco tried the unmentionable on Rosemerta against her will then don't you dare justify Hermione or any of the female Weasleys in that same sentence, there is no canon evidence that suggests Draco did anything to Rosemerta other than the imperius curse and more evidence to placate the fact that Hermione and Ginny weren't exactly against the idea of drugging men with love potions to do the same thing.
Following this line of thought, don't even fetch the idea that Snape would conduct torture or non-consensual behaviors to prove his loyalty to Moldyshorts. He is a morally ambiguous character don't get me wrong but if he's going to do it to anybody it would be out of obsession and revenge not out of some innocent bystander. You can sell me on the idea that he's serving Voldemort for Dumbledore but I'm convinced that Snape desires to spy out of obligation to himself rather than Dumbo.
Harry often comments on Ron and Hermione fighting...it always seems to be some argument over something. If Ron was cruel at all, Hermione in any case appears to have a strong head on her shoulders. I mean she's not a softy for crying out loud and I hate when that's the excuse shippers give for why H/HR works because that tells me that both are going to pose as wish fulfillment character. Why?
1. The girl is just as manipulative as Dumbledore. Argue all you wish about Hermione obliviating her parents to follow Harry but the fact is Hermione is a person who quests for control over her life meaning if she could help Harry get rid of Voldemort...it doesn't matter whether or not she loves Harry because she's a driven person and stubborn. This is the same person who set a flock of birds on Ron simply because he wouldn't look at her twice.
2. Ginny would have stayed with Harry too and that's saying a lot considering that her life was also on the line.
3. Ron abandoning Harry and Hermione is realistic. He made a mistake, he was angry...and at least he was some distance away from them and tried to find them after his anger eased. An anger contributed by the locket. (You can't tell me that Harry/Hermione had some steam going on with Ron gone if the locket causes Ron's deepest insecurities to come to light. Don't even give me the 'it only effects Ron because he's an insecure git who would have abandoned them at the first opportunity anyway. IT'S A HORCRUX not a device that conveniently works on the characters that aren't needed to the plot. That locket enhances negativity so it's a given they would have fought off screen.) It's not like he left for the burrow leaving them to do the quest by themselves. If Harry didn't feel he himself was essential to ending the war he would have left the Wizarding World to rot.
Harry always has a savior complex...that's OOC for him as I don't recall reading anything about Harry willingly taking on that role. I get the impression it's to make his character likable or it's an accepted fanon and is often mistaken as canon (Whiny little emo who shoots mediocre spells) but this isn't canon Harry. Canon! Harry is a lazy shallow sod who doesn't intervene when it's needed because he feels it isn't his job to be the hero. He never took the job seriously so the 'whiny little emo who shoots mediocre spells' actually makes a lot more sense when it's clear he was depending on the adults to get him out of the sticky situation. Only when they become unreliable does Harry ever take it into his own hands and he could hold his own, he doesn't need Hermione to fight his own battles. (I mean I get the whole dynamic of Hermione being the one who conducts all the action so to speak to make Harry seem less pathetic but just because Harry doesn't make an effort doesn't mean he can't. He just don't want to.)
He shoots mediocre spells because he's not looking for a kill...he's looking to get the job done efficiently by using the spells he's most comfortable with. Call him a wimp, a coward, an idiot, stupid if you wish but just because it's easier to kill people with magic doesn't mean that it gets rid of all the real life repercussions of killing a person and if you still consider Harry an idiot well I can't help you there.(I mean it is a smart move on his part to use stunners given his character development up to that point. I mean he doesn't even know how to use the unforgivables until later in book 7.)
The only time he intervenes is when he feels there's a serious threat to Hogwarts because he despises the Dursleys and feels that Hogwarts is the only place he could call home. This also happens with TMR and Myrtle during the events of COS and it was due to how TMR sees the school that a culprit was brought to justice. Harry almost always gets called out for his hero complex but that's not his character.
Hermione is a woman who's sole occupation is damsel in distress and apparently earns more love for being that...then taking on Ginny's good strong traits. Again canon! Hermione is not a softy nor is she a constant damsel in distress. She isn't going to collapse by a touch.
I HATE how D/G is alright but not D/HR as if Ginny is somehow an unshatterable rock, or a half blood so Draco actually can go out with her where as Hermione's an emotionally unstable muggleborn which means she doesn't stand a chance. She cries with Ron sure but she's the only one who slaps/punches Draco, conjures birds to attack Ron. What did Ginny do, she got flustered when Draco pointed out she was Harry's little girlfriend. I scoff at D/G especially when Ginny cheats on Harry. Try this, what if Ginny cheats on Draco with Harry. Never see that!!
In Draco's case: I do not believe Draco hates Hermione for her blood status. If blood status is a euphemism for racism then that means if Draco hated Hermione for her blood status he'd be doing all he could to avoid her. As racism indicates that fear and hatred are involved. When fear is involved it's only human to avoid things that are feared yet Draco and his parents do the opposite. In book 2 he mentions Hermione in an almost envious way with how she surpassed him. He also wouldn't bully her or her friends if he feared them. Sure he uses the term mudblood but that does not make him racist. He uses that term solely because it pushes Harry's and Ron's buttons. I mean there are other slytherins who do this same thing. Daphne is friends with Pansy and Millicent. Pansy at most is a bully who at the very least tried to test Harry's loyalty to the cause yet JKR says Daphne and her sister did not follow the pureblood agenda. Either Daphne is kissing up to Pansy or she somewhat agrees with Pansy's ideals. The kissing up seems plausible but it could very well be the way Slytherin house works with the way the slytherins try to see whether or not our hero had earned the title or in a sense pushing his buttons. It's just a thought that occurred to me.
The trope in which most Harry slash and some Hermione/male other than Ron shippers follow: Why in all the universe do stories with Snape/Hermione, Draco/Hermione, any male other than Harry or Ron/Hermione, have Harry and Hermione as close friends? When I say close friends, I'm not meaning what Ron and Harry had since book 1. These fics have Harry and Hermione kiss each other, sleep together, have talks together, hug each other and comfort each other. It's not anything that friends of the opposite gender do...nor is it something H&HR did in the books. It's getting to the point where I just ignore the main couple and envision horrible deaths for Harry and Hermione. I'm sorry but I don't buy for a second that Hermione would be the supportive type.
The complete and utter dissing/blatant disregard of books 5-7: Why? I feel it's an excuse to diss the couples mentioned at the end of book 6. I've adjusted my opinions slightly on this one solely because I feel as though there are undefinable elements in JKR's work that could be interpreted different ways however I do not like the element of Ginny being a whore or being too obsessed with Harry like she is a stalker fangirl.
Male pregnancy or MPREG for short
Fics that describe injury to the detail especially self-infliction.
Fics that have characters coerced and manipulated through trauma.
Rape especially when it's used for a dramatic effect.
Any Harry fic that has two or more chapters explaining through goblins about his sealed powers, good fortune and moneys that was stolen by Ron and Ginny or any variation of any character.
Snarry fics with fluffy smut-like endings. They are not girls for crying out loud.
Ridiculous names for OCs
Bashing of least favorite character to
Fics that neglect unlikable characters. Especially when it would have been necessary to include them. This just tells me that the story is going to be a mess of outright gushing over favorable characters and only hides the above statement for so long. It fails to mend the hole in writing the above in the first place... a failure in adapting to writing certain detestable characters tells me that the person writing wants to cover up the above which in my opinion is only a problem when one can't write 3 dimensional characters. It's very simple: Write their flaws but also write their good traits. It's not that hard. Make them up if you have to.
OOCness unless it's justified and I'm feeling extra tolerant.
I cannot stress how much I despise reading fic with Remus calling Harry, 'Pup', Harry calling Sirius, 'Siri', Harry calling Ginny 'Gin', or Harry calling Hermione, 'Mione.' Of course I have heard 'Mione' is canon...but I prefer to use her first name.
Those who preach that Hermione and Harry are the perfect match and diss H/G. I don't have a thing against the hardcore H/HR shipper but for Merlin's sake if all the stories are just Super! Harry fics bashing Ron/Ginny/Molly etc how is that any different than a H/G story with the same thing. Change Ginny for Hermione and you still have an OOC sap fest. The only difference is Harry shagging a brunette who from stories I read offers him competent instruction in the mechanics of shagging as he apparently knows it before the two even start dating. Make with that what you will.
Hermione being the prime motivation behind a 'wooby' Harry's actions is another pet peeve of mine. First of all, read the books...seriously. In fact why not write another H/HR ripoff of the seven books and try to justify the reason Harry would love Hermione the first time they met and blow off Ron. For one Harry has never loved Hermione and omitting the books that every H/HR shippers cares about isn't going to change that fact. Harry and Ron both hated Hermione because she was a know-it-all, she's high strung with her knowledge so much she comes across as condescending to both Harry and Ron even though there are times earlier in the book where her knowledge has steered her wrong. Does anyone think that Harry would easily look over her condescending attitude towards him to better himself? I'm just amazed he didn't lash out at her in spite though he may have well did a good majority of his 'mistakes' in the books out of some spite.
The whole lack of Harry/Ginny buildup in the books...I CALL BULLOCKS. I saw it coming in book 1. If the books subtlety doesn't convey H/G then write a fic that does. I mean why else is she there? Hermione is clearly the red herring.
The books aren't a romance it's an adventure that spans through seven years through Harry's POV. I'm amazed that no one disses the fact that romance was one of the main factors in the books. It butchered books 6 and 7 in my opinion.
And Harry/Hermione isn't developed any better. Romance based on their character interactions in the books isn't a good substance. How did they fall in love and why? What are their flaws and how do they confront them or interact? How do they become better people? Do they even change or evolve?
Both of them leave unanswered questions.
SLASH for the sake of SLASH--Good example: Read any Sirius/Remus fic. Find one that isn't OOC, keeping in mind any speculation on their orientation. It kind of feels off putting from the established canon because the characterisation of the characters are sacrificed to make their relationship work.
Pairings I hold a secret fetish for (Edited because I changed my mind after I forgot about some.): Godric/Hermione, Neville/LilyLuna, (I totally forgot about Snumbridge BTW. I love that pairing. :D) Snape/Umbridge, Snape/Trelawney, Sirius/Trelawney.
Stuff I hold secret fetishes for HPFF: SNAPE BASHING...or to put it more clearly EVIL! Snape, but only when he completely destroys Harry's life and is very competent...and actually has a worthy adversary in Harry Potter meaning a Harry that's smarter than most ff writers give him credit for.(What this person likes Snape but also loves the complete bashing of his character?) Yes, I think it's especially good when Snape is in a crack pairing.
Stuff I'd prefer to read in the fandom order from 1-10:
1. Harry/Snape slash--Preferably with Harry as the dominant and especially when Snape acts vulnerable. 'But Harry is the perfect bottom character I mean he has those big green eyes and short stature he's so a bottom, so why?' My reasons: The #$#$ stereotypes and it's so easy to do that to his #$# character because he's shorter and because of his lack of experience and I don't like the easy route. I mean the only reason I don't like H/G is because this fact makes it so awkward. At least Harry is a little more experienced in H/HR fics. :D
2. Comedy/Parody, pairing doesn't matter.
3. Angst, Horror, Hurt/comfort--Primarily when a character appears vulnerable or expresses their evil! side.
4. Snape/Harry mentor stories, not guardianship or Severitus though.
5. Snape/Harry guardianship fics.
6. SLASH with great plot.
7. Any story with interesting plot and adventure as long as the writing isn't too bland.
8. Anything relevant to what I'm writing.
Stuff I'd prefer to write:
1. Harry/Snape with dom! Harry and sub! Snape
I have issues with the unequal distribution of power that comes in Dom! Snape fic and happen to love Snape when he's flustered. LOL
2. Remus/Severus with dom! Remus and sub! Snape
Thank the artist Yuki-pon for that.
3. For the most part I write Dom! Harry/male or Sub! Snape/male in slash fanfic.
4. Parodies! Crack!
5. Just about any pairing I'm challenged to write/or any character I'm eager to explore.
6. Evil! Snape with redeemable qualities.
7. UGLY, CANON SNAPE--No silky haired man here. Snape is ugly and I still pair him up. LOLs
8. Grey! but not good! Draco...and practically everyone.
9. Evil! Lucius or Perverted! Lucius
10. Prankster! or Master of Disguise! Ginny
11. Yandere! or Sidekick! Luna
12. Bad ass! Hermione
13. Manipulative Dumbledore
14. Friendly! Ron
15. Redeemable! James Potter Sr.
16. Redeemable! Peter
17. Player! Sirius with a massive female harem: I don't care if it's cliché. It's preferable any day to Remus/Sirius.
18. Complicated subplots...mostly because it helps me give minor characters personality.
19. Whether or not it's compatible or not, odds are most couples and story themes will probably be hair pulling and rage inducing to the readers who expect HEAs, simple answers, wish fulfillment, or simply another couple. I shamelessly write what I write.
Top Twenty favourite HP characters: *Combination of faves from canon and fanfic.
1. Severus Snape--As a 'fangirl' I can say that I actually hate him alot more than I like him, so wrap your head around that one.
2. Harry Potter--Not Canon, but fanfics made me love his character and totally reeled me in.
3. Ginny Weasley--Hate her in fanfics, but adore her in canon though I do hate her in some spots.
4. Sirius Black--Badass in canon esp in book 4 and 5.
5. Sybil Trelawney--I totally forgot all about adding her to my list.
6. Hermione Granger--She is badass in canon before book 6.
7. Dolores Umbridge--Other people hate her but I love her. She is so evil.
8. Peter Pettigrew--I think he deserves a second chance. I mean if Snape and Draco can have second chances why can't he?
9. Minerva McGonagall--Always an interesting character to me.
10. Bellatrix Lestrange--She has a very interesting and captivating personality besides being a complete psychopath.
11. Lord Voldemort--A very interesting character to me.
12. Luna Lovegood
13. Lucius Malfoy
14. Padma Patil
15. Parvati Patil
16. Rabastan Lestrange
17. Albus Dumbledore
18. Ron Weasley
19. Remus Lupin
20. Seamus Finnegan
Character/Pairing analysis (because it hit me that the way I characterize some of my couples/characters are different.)
Harry/Hermione--I base how I write them on the highlights of most Snanger fics but simply replace Snape's nastiness for Harry's hot/cold friendship with Hermione and I've found I quite like them when they are written like this with Harry playing hard to get as opposed to him already having established feelings for Hermione.
What I like about this couple:
1. Both Harry and Hermione are pricks.
2. Hermione and Ginny are friends. So if Hermione does go out with Harry...let's just say Ginny can/does get more personality.
3. Because in reality Hermione would use the love potion because she's so insecure. Good for Dark! Hermione.
4. Hermione having a one-sided love makes it interesting.
5. Harry can/will get betrayed.
6. Ginny and Ron have their time to shine.
What I dislike about this couple:
1. The shipping wars between H/G and H/HR. All H/HR counterarguments are stupid. It's like 'Ginny is a $%$$ slut that looks like Harry's mother. The concept of Harry going out with his best friend's sister is cliché as if the whole Harry going out with his best friend...ISN'T. GTFO.
2. JKR acknowledging H/HR as 'should have been canon'. (Don't tell me H/HR should have been canon. Don't even tell me it is canon. Siriusly. If H/HR is canon than so is H/G, R/HR and every couple JKR says in her interviews. I'll even go so far and say that so is Snarry and Dramione.) To me JKR went through with this because Emma managed to convince her that Emma/Daniel had good enough chemistry to pass as legit H/HR. She even says it after she seen the movies.
3. H/HR being canon. H/Hr always loved each other this is so OOC. (They are not canon. Only thing you can get OOC! is the fact that they are lovers instead of friends.) It's not. IDC what scene is given as evidence at most their relationship was one-sided and it's obvious that Harry wasn't the one with the feelings.
4. H/HR based on movies. Believe me I can tell when a writer is going by the movies and not by the books because it is surmised by the following: Good looking Hermione, Mary Sue Hermione, H/HR chemistry, Mary Sue Hermione and OOC! Hermione.
5. H/HR is 100 percent compatible. No, just no. Maybe in fanfiction but then again most H/HG fanfiction has the two developing feelings out of nowhere, Hermione getting away with being a bossy little prick, Harry being the person who allows Hermione to be the bossy little prick.
5. Forgetting that Harry was a prick, a prick and a prick.
I do plan on writing a lot of angsty fics with them since I don't see them too often though I do love tasteful fluff with them as well. I base their characterisations on their zodiacs...unfortunately virgo/leos tend to clash. Hint hint... unlike a certain aries/leo relationship from the movies...(coughemma/danielcough)
Harry/Snape--I usually write about them post-Hogwarts solely because of the implied character development with Harry's regard to Snape. I just love the idea of the two being close friends after the war due to Snape's relationship with Lily. I think that is the glue that sticks them together because that was when Harry unquestionably trusted Snape. In regards to how Ginny would see it, I mean I could just imagine her being envious of their relationship but admiring Snape for it too. I write Snape in the 'female' role because I love to see him flustered more though I equally like seductive! Snape with flustered! Harry as long as the whole Dom! Snape/Sub! Harry bit isn't an overemphasized thing.
What I like about them:
1. Their relationship is more personal. So the emotions from the two often feel genuine.
2. Their patronuses match in the same way that James/Lily does.
3. They are compatible no matter if Snape is a sap, a prick or somewhere inbetween.
What I dislike about them:
1. Misconceptions about Harry being a replacement Lily for Snape.
2. Snape and Harry become OOC at times.
3. The age difference.
Harry/Ginny--I have Ginny as the man of the house so to speak and Harry as the woman character because I just see Ginny as more independent than Hermione and her as a free spirit loosens Harry up a little bit. The way I picture them in my head...they are soulmates.
What I like about them:
1. Ginny doesn't look like Lily.
2. She doesn't act like Lily or Hermione.
3. She doesn't put up with Harry's garbage.
What I dislike about them:
1. The fanfiction: Ginny is either too sappy or a bad guy.
2. Harry is claimed to be too sensitive for her.
3. Ginny isn't a bitch like in canon. Why in the world does H/HR fanfic get her character more on key than H/G fanfics? Honestly.
Harry Potter: I base my characterization on the fact he doesn't take the whole 'hero' business seriously in the books. He gets angry, has defiance, and I believe he can get dangerous. His good trait is his ability to forgive. His flaws are his anger, his black and white thinking, failure to see flaws or good things in people that he's already labeled so speak. I characterize Harry as being a repressed bi-sexual.
Harry's family: He's closely related to the Greengrasses but besides his cousin's affilation with the Blacks he isn't related at all to the Weasleys. He is related to pureblood families that are still alive. He stays with the Dursleys because legally they are Harry's next of kin. Petunia dislikes Dumbledore because she believes he killed her sister and wants to protect Harry. Lily's parents and James' cousins died to Voldemort.
Ginny Weasley: I see her as a feisty, sassy, mischievious and defiant girl who is smart and attractive. As an extension on this, I do believe that the books put an emphasis too much on her qualities but I don't think it's what was written but how it was written. If an emphasis was on H/G's romance, HP's third POV was the wrong choice especially since Ginny for one isn't the main character however due to recent speculation I do think that is intentional. The story is centred on plot not H/G. She has good traits but she also has bad traits: she's insensitive and has a nasty temper. Both her and Harry tend to be quiet about matters centred around themselves though so most people think that they are nice. Ginny does have a compassionate side which I don't see much with Hermione. I portray her as a bit of an action girl. I characterise Ginny as pan-sexual.
Hermione Granger: She's a bit of a complex character to me. Of course she has a bit of a sensitive side but I think she also has a bit of a mean streak like she's the type to deal revenge big time. A bit spiteful, and very manipulative. When it comes to love though she's coy, sly almost like a girl whose read to much romance novels and wants their guy to act a certain way. I do picture her and Ginny as close friends and I do think she has a one-sided crush on Harry. Just because she has a crush on Harry though doesn't mean she really knows Harry and that's why they aren't as close as Ron/Harry's friendship. I've seen the books I've seen the movies, nothing convinces me that the two knew each other. So to be different I don't portray them as close friends at all. I love deconstructing some key concepts of Hermione's portrayal in the H/HR fandom which is why her portrayal is an almost 360 from the Hermione most people expect. Some original aspects of her character however are rehashed from H/HR fanfics. I characterise Hermione as heterosexual but also a repressed lesbian most of the time however her homosexual tendencies are repressed because she is a Christian.
The Grangers: Their names are David and Jane Granger unless JKR happens to name these characters' names other than Emma and Daniel. (I refuse to name the Grangers Emma and Daniel because the actor/actress they are named after butchered the characters they played 'nough said.) Both of them are exhibitionists and Christian. I have two headcanons, one when Dave and Jane are divorced and one where they are still together. If they are together they work as dentists. If they are divorced Jane is the hardcore exhibitionist and more loosey goosey while Dave is the more organized one. Dave also is a dentist while Jane is a lawyer.
Ron Weasley: I picture him as comic relief. The kind of person who eases tension. His role with Harry is like a sort of brother but I feel as though he is only friends with him because Ron was what Harry wanted to be. Ron is impulsive, rebellious and I see him as the type to blatantly diss Harry yet ease his worries and be a trustful confidant of Harry's as opposed to Hermione. Many readers claim that Harry was closer to Hermione in canon and judging by the amount of fics I've seen with Hermione being the trusted confidant when Harry suddenly turns gay for some slytherin boys I see a problem...Hermione is a muggleborn, people. I would think a world as progressive as the magical world wouldn't even problems with it, yet Ron is the homophobe who doesn't understand??? I do think him to settle down when he gets a reality check and overcomes his inferiority complex. I see him as pan-romantic, heterosexual.
The Dursleys: I don't think their abuse is quite as severe as most fics convey though there is an emphasis on emotional abuse and some physical abuse but none with any real harmful intent. I think their envy, fear and jealousy makes them more susceptible to being angry with Harry and is the key factor in why they abuse Harry. I do believe that the Dursleys were trying to protect Harry in their own way but I am firmly for the idea that there was nothing they could do. When I say that I mostly mean they probably didn't know what to do. I do believe that Petunia did talk to Dumbledore before Harry went to Hogwarts. I do not see her any better or worse than Vernon.
James Potter: I have him kissing up to Lily yet having a bit of a wild side too. I feel that his behavior could really prompt Lily to see how confining she is. There's something interesting about James forgiving Snape too. He doesn't expect Lily to change though and I like him for that much at least.
Lily Evans: I have her as a bit of an outcast, friendly and more personable. She's a bit selfish though, skeptical of ideas that are not her own yet she has a firm sense of self when she isn't being hypocritical. I am very harsh to Lily in my fics solely because I feel her because of how selfish she is and self-absorbed she can be that she is relatively close-minded especially in regards to her friend though I do commend her for not excusing Snape's behavior after his friends hexed Mary.
Severus Snape: I base him off Harry to a point except he's a more childish Harry with a whole lot of malicious spite. I base his relationship with Lily on the concept that the two wanted to change each other which provides a contrast between him and James. I think it also brings out Snape's independence and insecurities in a way that it normally wouldn't.
Snape's extended family: The head of the Prince family had Lionel, Malory with his pureblooded wife and Eileen from an affair with a gypsy. Malory has a son who is the legal heir of the Prince fortune and a granddaughter. Tobias' family is descended from druids that devolved to squibs. Tobias has two sisters, Josephine and Elizabeth.
Albus Dumbledore: I write him with one or more of these traits: manipulative/Gray/bad guy because it distinguishes him as a character. I don't write good! Dumbledore at all. If he is 'good' he'll always have that manipulative/grey side as I don't believe 'good' is a characteristic Dumbledore can possess wholeheartedly.
I'm taking requests for fics.
Keeping in mind that I will not write anything I dislike. Don't worry I'll get to your requests eventually.