Author has written 1 story for Super Robot Monkey Team.
: Introduction :
Hiya! This is SnowbellaAndFriends coming to you now, but you all can call me Snowy for short.
Wow, its been a long time hasn't it guys? My profile says I last updated back in 2013... wow. Of course I've never really left, you know, but as for writing, my stories took a seat on the back-burner because of different things. Well, now that I've unloaded a few of those major things, I am diving headfirst back into this world. But things certainly have changed, haven't they? Well, my interests haven't though, and that's a good thing. I still plan to finish the stories already up, but in the coming weeks, I'll be posting stories up on new categories - ones I'm certain you'll enjoy just as much as the ones you've read before. I'll be taking down these stories and cleaning them up - they'll be posted back up soon enough, don't worry, but I've learned a bit in my absence from here and so I'm going to apply what I've learned to these oldies. Excited yet? I am!
Well, that's the low down of what's coming up, so keep your eyes peeled!
NEWS FLASH: One story is finally in the process. Currently, the story 'Eyes of Tomorrow' is in the works and being uploaded. Arc One has begun, and Chapter Two is up! Look for the second chapter sometime IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS!
: What to Expect :
- On Same-Sex Pairings: First off, just to be clear, my preferences to yaoi and yuri; I don't do it. Nothing against the pairings, and nothing against same-sex couplings or those who are homosexual, but I'm a heterosexual, and I've been raised as such. Therefore, I will not write anything having to do with yaoi or yuri. If a character is a homosexual in canon, however, I will keep them that way, but don't expect a story with a central yaoi or yuri pairing from me. Maybe as a background thing, but not outright. It's not my cup of tea, and I wouldn't know the first thing about it.
- On Harems and Polygamy: My beliefs are similar in this respect too; I love a good love triangle, as the emotions are intense between the parties involved, but for someone to share their lover... I was raised old school fashion, and would likely kill the other partner if I was in such a relationship before that happened... therefore how can I write something like that truthfully if I wouldn't do it? Again I have nothing against these things, really I don't, I even read them now and then, but I'm selfish - therefore, my stories will reflect that.
- On Family: Here's where my beliefs take a steep turn - unlike how my beliefs on pairings were raised into me, I came to this belief myself. Family I've found is a sacred bond, and it has nothing to do with blood in my opinion. In my eyes, there are two types of family, biological and true. Biological family is what it is, blood relations. My version of true family however take in the bonds that have been formed, those people who truly care about you and love you for you. Think like this: a man has a daughter, but beats her and abuses her and all but neglects her. He's her biological parent, but does that make him a father? Or like this, a woman finds a child in the orphanage and takes him in, cares for him and treats him like her own; she doesn't share his blood, but is she not his mother? This is my view on family. Don't take this the wrong way, I have a loving mother and father who are my biological parents, but there are kids out there who are not so lucky and people who don't deserve their children. It's one of the reasons why I turned to this belief. The person who raises and teaches and loves you is your parent, not what some DNA test or a piece of paper says. Period.
- On Original Characters and Original Character Pairings: Ah, a favorite topic to be discussed on this site. Some people like them, some people... not so much. Where I stand on the topic is this: I don't care about it. Original Characters are great if done right, although most have some kind of sappy back story or such. Others are over powered and god like, a total turn off for many characters. The only thing I care about in response to this is when the main character is paired up with an original character. If the character is done right, I've no problem, but if not, then I will likely leave the story. Truthfully, I enjoy canon pairings with canon characters and try to keep original characters out of my story as much as possible, and if I do need to use an original character, then its because I've no choice. Very rarely will an original character of mine be paired up with the main character in my stories, although backgrounds characters with original characters may be a stable in my writings.
- On Crack Pairings and Shippings: You all know what these are right? Crack pairings and shippings, what fan-fiction writer doesn't know what they are? If you don't know, they are pairings that will never happen in a million years (crack pairings) and fandoms of pairings (shippings). I enjoy a good crack pairing, if it is done right and not a sloppy wannabe story, and I myself am quite the shipper. However, it also depends on the pairing - let's face it, some characters just can NOT go together, am I right?
: Links to Remember :
News flash everybody! Snowy is no longer an island! Yay! x3
But seriously, its true that you'll no longer just find me exclusively on this site. I have several accounts on other sites in which I will post my stories. If a story is here on FF.net, you'll also find it on the sites listed below. I'll give you the links to my accounts - please make sure to keep them memorized. If I suddenly take down a story or FF.net takes it down, it very well may be listed on one of the other sites.
- AO3: not yet set up
- dA: SnowbellaAndFriends
: My Written Stories :
1. Eyes of Tomorrow
List of Coming Stories:
3. Here & Now
4. The Reason
6. Ocean Eyes
10. Of Beauty & Rage
12. Night Visions
14. Dark Before Dawn
15. Between the Stars
Well, that's all my stories: listed from top priority (number one) to lowest priority (number 15). When another story idea comes to my mind, I'll post up the details and such immediately. But until then, these are my only current ideas. If you see one you like, or would like to give me a hint or tip for one, just tell me through review, PM, or any possible other means. But be warned, I may post up a story before typing down a summary like this; muse only goes so far in some cases, and writing it down quickly might just be a must.
Well, that's pretty much all I've got to say. So guess I'll see you all later sometime or another; have to get back to writing you know. This is Snowy signing out! =D
|Community:||The Forbidden Scrolls of Woo Foo : Romance of Light and Darkness|
|Focus:||Cartoons Yin Yang Yo|