Author has written 3 stories for Buffy X-overs.
My TV Shows:
Girl from Group Therapy: Wait a minute. What am I supposed to feel? Sorry for you because you made ten thousand a minute doing fuckin' nothing? "Oh it was so hard, so terrible, they treated me so bad." Listen girl, you had a free ride. And you fuckin' blew it. And me? I'm some kid from Ohio, reading fashion magazines, looking at your picture and thinking I'm supposed to look like that. And going fucking crazy because I don't. Because nobody told me it was a lie. Because the magazine doesn't come with a label that says, "Caution: This is a lie. Nobody looks like this." Not even you.
Marilyn Monroe: In Hollywood a girl's virtue is much less important than her hairdo. You're judged by how you look, not by what you are. Hollywood's a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for kiss, and fifty cents for your soul. I know, because I turned down the first offer often enough and held out for the fifty.
: You really do think you're better than we are. But we don't know. We don't know if you're actually better. I mean, you came into the world with certain advantages, sure. I mean, that's the legacy. But you didn't earn it. You didn't work for it. You've never had anybody come up to you and say you deserve these things more than anyone else. They were just handed to you. So that doesn't make you better than us. It makes you luckier than us. -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
: Wow, I thought you'd be the last person to have a problem with nonconformity.
: I'm uncomfortable about sex.
Joss Whedon: Someone mentioned that the show has developed a feminist subtext. Well, I never! I just wanted to show a quiet, obedient girl learning to attract men through cosmetics and physical weakness... But sometimes we can't control our own creations. Forgive me.
Glory: "People. How do they function? Here. Like this, in the world, with all this bile running through them. Every day, it's ... Whooo... you have no control. They're not even animals they're just these meatbaggy slaves to hormones and pheromones and their... feelings. Hate 'em! I mean really, is this what the poets go on about? This? Call me crazy. But as hard core drugs go, human emotions just seem useless. People are puppets, everyone getting jerked around by what they're feeling - am I wrong?
...'cause I look around at this world you're so eager to be a part of, and all I see is six billion lunatics looking for the fastest ride out. Who's not crazy? Look around - everyone's drinkin', smokin', shootin' up, shootin' each other or just plain screwing their brains out because they don't want 'em anymore. I'm crazy? Honey, I am the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts. Name one person who can take it here. That's all I'm asking - Name one." -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel: Wes, it's not gonna happen.
Young Woman: Thank you! Thank you! That thing was gonna kill me!
Whistler: Bottom line is, even if you see 'em coming, you're not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does. So what are we, helpless? Puppets? No. The big moments are gonna come. You can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are. --Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Oz: The worst stab wound is the one to the heart. Sure, most people survive it, but the heart is never quite the same. There's always a scar, which is meant, I guess, to remind you that even for a little while, someone made your heart beat faster. And that's a scar you can live with, proudly, all the days of your life. --Oz
Martin Luther King Jr: "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
DEATHLY HALLOWS SPOILERS ABOUND!
Originally, I stole this from Silver Weasley who stole this from Druidess Sieya who nabbed it from Sugar Quill, but I really really loved this and found it absolutely adorable and sweet, and i HAD to steal it!
1. Hugs to Hedwig, because you were a good owl, and Harry should have let you out of your cage.
2. Hugs to Dudley, because while you may have been a bully and a moron, at least you ended up having a soul.
3. Hugs to Ron for saving Harry's life, getting Gryffindor's sword, and pwning a Horcrux (that's one hell of an apology), for reading that book Fred and George gave you, and for always wanting to come back.
4. Hugs to Tonks for putting up with Remus' insecurities and loving him anyways (and also for being pregnant and still kick-ass!).
5. Hugs to Remus for being insecure in the first place, and then for doing the right thing like we always knew you would.
6. Hugs to Harry for being the main character of my favorite series of all time, for growing-up to be an unbelievably courageous man, and for finally getting your happy ending. We were always rooting for you, mate.
7. Hugs to Mrs. Weasley, for kicking ass and taking names, for making awesome birthday cake, and for pwning Bellatrix (she deserved it).
8. Hugs to George, because you lost your best friend and your brother in one horrible blow, and it still hurts my heart to think of the look on your face.
9. Hugs to Percy for admitting you were wrong, and for getting that one last laugh out of Fred.
10. Hugs to Hermione for putting up with your hair (trust me, I can more than sympathize), for keeping an eye on Harry and Ron and somehow retaining your sanity, for always knowing the right thing to do, and for your awesomely adorable moment on page 625 (American edition).
11. Hugs to Voldemort. You're going to need them, where you're going.
12. Hugs to Snape for not only meeting but exceeding my expectations, for being Dumbledore's man through and through, for loving Lily and protecting Harry, and for fooling Voldemort right until the very end.
13. Hugs to Dumbledore, because even though I'm still not sure I've forgiven you for manipulating Harry, I've always loved how you manage to show up at the end of the book and explain everything to all of us less-knowledgable beings; there will never be another white-bearded, pointy-hatted wizard quite as omnipotent as you. (Sorry, Gandalf.)
14. Hugs to Luna for staying ever serene and Luna-like despite the war, and for fighting your heart out at the same time.
15. Hugs to McGonagall for every single line of dialogue she had in book seven. We all dream of having teachers as kick-ass as you.
16. Hugs to all the Slytherins, because I totally think you got dissed when not even one of you stayed to help fight.
17. Hugs to Dobby and Kreacher for being absolutely-frickin'-adorable, loyal, and unexpectedly heroic.
18. Hugs to the Bloody Baron, simply because anyone that thwarted in love deserves one.
19. Hugs to Neville, because the Sorting Hat is never wrong, because you were braver and truer than anyone would have guessed, and because we always knew you were a hero, right from the start.
20. Hugs to Teddy Lupin, because your parents were amazing and you never got to know them, because you got caught snogging Victoire (that's our boy!), and most of all because you have turqouise hair (welll, sometimes).
21. Hugs to Draco, because you were a spineless git, but you weren't evil in the slightest--spineless I can live with. Evil, not so much.
22. And last but most certainly not least, hugs to J.K. Rowling. Thank you for creating this world, thank you for giving me Harry and his adventures to grow up with, thank you for R/Hr and H/G and the Weasley twins and Hagrid and Uncle Vernon (he will always crack me up) and the Mirror of Erised and seven books worth of amazingness. But most of all, J.K., hugs to you for giving all us wistful kids the dream that on our eleventh birthdays we might see an owl flapping towards our window with a thick letter clutched in its beak--in short, hugs to you for giving me and many other HP fans out there an unforgettable part of our childhoods.
Unsafe External Link
|Community:||The Key and The Elf|
|Focus:||General: All Categories|