Author has written 16 stories for Yu Yu Hakusho, Supernatural, Torchwood, Sherlock, and Inception.
I'm 22 years old and write my random fanfics when I'm desperately putting off doing my biology/dental related studies... you can tell when I'm really dreading something because I churn out a plethora.
I like lots of angst and emotional crap, but there are a few things that I do not write, nor will I ever write.
1) Explicit slash: I'm still not really comfortable messing with a charries set sexuality so the majority of my stories are friendship based though I suppose you could pull out some possible slash-y moments if you squint. Whatever floats your boat. I just don't mess with smut. I figure there's enough of that out there and frankly, I don't have half the imagination for it as some people.
2) Mary Sues: can't stand 'em. I'm reading because I want some good plot line involving my favs, not to indulge in your own personal fantasies. I barely tolerate OCs only if they are not romantically involved in anyway to the characters, and their presence is necessary in the storyline. If there is an OC in my stories, it is because there was no way around it.
3) Rewrites: Lemmie explain this one cuz it's a tough concept and one not talked about often. But fics that simply repeat the series seem pretty pointless. It's already been explored by the screenwriter of the episode/series so I see no point in rehashing the same exact thing. missing scenes or points of views is great. But if I want a review I can just go watch the episode on-line.
4) Long-assed summaries in the plot: Obviously if I'm reading a fic on a series, I'm a fan. Therefore I fail to see the point in writing pages of background info that any fan watching the series would know about. Personally I get bored reading pages of crap that I already knew, and if a reader hasn't gotten that far in a series they probably shouldn't be reading that particular story. Most of my stuff does contain spoilers, but is usually a stand alone and can usually be read with minimal knowledge of the actual plot of a series.
Now stuff I will write
1) Gore: I love it, and I love beating around characters, so there will be lots of it. I've never done a death fic but I figure it's only a matter of time. So if you like pain and angst then you'll love me. But also know that I'm a sucker for happy or even semi-happy endings... Ironic, I know
2) Pairings:While I don't focus a lot on pairings that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy the odd romance. And I do have some random ones that may make an appearance later on. However I don't like overly mushy stuff so those who don't like my pairings can still read my stories. Most of the stuff's implied anyway.
3) AUs: I love coming up with my own explanations and solutions to problems on my fav shows. So you can expect several AUs from me. However, these are never half-assed, I really think about these so expect some pretty intricate details. Crossroads in particular is a big AU and will deviate further from the actual series as the story goes on. (As a side note I also enjoy writing things that take place after the end of the series.)
4) One-shots: I love to write them but they always turn into multi-chapters... sigh...
I'm in the process of up-dating/removing some old stories. So please stay tuned. :)
Unsafe External Link
|Community:||Yu Yu w/o the OCs|
|Focus:||Anime/Manga Yu Yu Hakusho|