Author has written 12 stories for Road Rovers, Sonic the Hedgehog, Hanna-Barbera, Danger Rangers, Garfield, Extinctioners, Jungle Book, Transformers/Beast Wars, and Disney.
To the person who left me messages regarding a Transformers forum they wanted me to check out, the link you left didn't show up because Fanfiction.net doesn't allow people to post links unless spaces are put between the words or something similar. I'd love to see the site, but I can't.
It's pretty obvious that I'm not punctual when it comes to updating this. For things updates, story notes, and previews, go to my blog. It's updated a lot more frequently: http://theoasisv20.blogspot.com/
I'm just your friendly neighborhood writer. The stories I write tend to be for things that are either fairly obscure or just not very popular. I tend to focus on characters who are generally maligned/or ignored by people, and I also have several original fan characters that’ll appear in certain stories. I know that many people out there (well, at least those in fandoms that have fans who embrace good writing) hate OFCs, and truthfully I can understand why, what with all the bad self-inserts and Mary Sues/Marty Stus out there, but I treat both my OFCs and the canon cast with the same respect, and I like to think that my OFCs are fully-fleshed out characters with real weaknesses, flaws, and strengths. Also, I am one of “those” people, who, if I notice some type of error or problem within canon – whether it's a plot hole, an inconsistency of some kind, a character(s) who’s just a little too perfect, etc., then I will comment on and try to address the problem in my stories. I don’t feel that doing so makes me any less of a “true fan” or something. Honestly, most media isn’t perfect.
Some of my writing-related pet peeves include characters acting out of character, Mary Sues, and character bashing, and I make a conscious effort to avoid such things in my own work. Please feel free to review -- I wholeheartedly accept constructive criticism, as I am always looking to improve my storytelling skills. Flames and just plain moronic reviews, however, are not welcome and will be deleted without response.
To those of you whose stories I've favorited: If I have not yet reviewed your story, please be patient. Chances are I haven't finished reading your fic or hadn't had the time to sit down and write a review. Whenever I comment on someone's story, I like to give thorough reviews that are longer then one sentence or word.
Concerning beta reading and reviews: Since this situation has happened to me for the third time now, I've decided to put up a warning here. Don't ask me to beta or review your story, then get all upset and defensive or flat-out ignore me when I point out any errors or the like in it. I am not here to kiss anyone's butt, especially if your story is rife with errors. It's a waste of my time, so I suggest you find somebody else to give you all-positive reviews.
Otherwise, I don't have a problem beta-ing. However, there are some things that can put me off a story, so I decided to list them here just so people can be aware of them before asking me to look at their story.
1) Stories that lack character growth/or development. For example (and because I see this kind of thing so much in this fandom), Road Rovers stories where the humor consists of gags at Blitz’s expense and him getting beaten up by Colleen/or your OFC, and the Rovers are the same at the end of the story (or stories) as they were at the beginning. Fanfiction is a chance to explore these characters and take them beyond tired gags and limited writing.
2) Character bashing. A huge, huge no. I don’t respect people who do this or support it.
3) Characters that suddenly become god-like or overpowered, especially if it’s for a poorly explained reason.
4) When the characters’ personalities do a complete 180, and they act OOC to the point where they're totally different characters.
5) Excessive gore, language, or angst.
6) The death of any main character. It depends on how it's done though, but I'm still picky about this kind of thing.
7) Harem stories, or stories that treat female characters as prizes to be won by the men. Just... sexism period.
8) Pairing feral animals (IE: Balto, Scooby Doo, etc.) with humans.
9) I also don’t really like reading about characters I dislike, unless something unique and interesting is being done with them. So yeah, if you want, PM me about your fic and we'll talk and see if I can't help you out.
If you can't stand it when authors have ridiculously long profiles because they think it's cute to copy and paste every witticism, list, and statistic into their profile, then please, by all means copy and paste this sentiment into what I'm sure is a blissfully short profile.
Ink Stained Veins: Shauni's Haven got a new makeover. XD Stop on by and check it out!
The link: http://z13.invisionfree.com/inkstainedveins/index.php?
I also have a new forum that has more of a focus on fandom: http://z13.invisionfree.com/FANTASMAGORIA/index.php
Unsafe External Link