Author has written 32 stories for Harry Potter, and Diana Wynne Jones.
Never underestimate the power of a few encouraging words: review!
Family & Friends
The girls: Cuba, Charli, Sadie, Alice, Turtle, SCV, Fray, Bonnie, Huffie, Ani, Gilly, Cassie and Katy
And Christopher, because he's cool too.
The Reviews Lounge
After a lengthy discussion with PurpleArmadillo, on April 21 2007, the Reviews Lounge was born as a forum to promote reviewing, and a C2 community archive which aimed to draw attention to under-reviewed stories. Over the course of a year and a half, the RL has flourished and become home to many, many talented authors who've become my very dear friends. We believe that above all else, the best thing you can do as a reader is leave feedback. Never underestimate the power of encouragement and constructive criticism! You can find us here. I've handed over the reigns to Cuba and the girls, but if you look hard enough, you can still find me around!
• In a quick summary, Memento Mori likes to pick up a few awards occasionally. Currently, it's sitting on the Inaugural Reviews Lounge Reviewer's Choice Award for Most Alternative Concept for a Story (2007); the April 2008 Gold TML Eagle Award (Lily/James category) and; a 2008 Unknowable Room Hourglass Awards nomination for Best Drama. Thank you so much to anyone involved in making those happen! (You know who you are)
I also have a fiction-press account for original stories, under the same name. You can find me here: Lexie-H at Fictionpress
And, to my excitement, I discovered I have a page at Fan History Wiki (as do most of us... go look your own name up!!): Lexie-H at FanHistoryWiki
• Six more chapters of I Solemnly Swear
THE MUST READ LIST
That's right - there's so many on my to-read list that I'm posting some here (and all these authors are accompanied with my highest recommendations, so feel free to indulge). These are the ones I hope to get to/complete in the near-distant future!
1. Just because a character has done something unforgivable in their future, does not mean they do not deserve to be included in a story set in the past (neglecters of Peter Pettigrew, I'm looking at you).
2. You must follow canon as often and as faithfully as possible, unless it is a completely AU story, in which case - why are you using those characters when you can invent your own?
3. Sirius Black was not a ladies man. He was "dark and twisty" to borrow a quote from Meredith on Greys Anatomy. That does not in any way mean he is unlikeable. Just please don't abuse him so! And please, for the sake of many people's sanity, no more lame Sirius/serious puns!
4. I find it horrifyingly rude when people don't review. Unless, of course, the case is that 'if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all'. But whether it is to express your appreciation or to offer some constructive criticism, you should ALWAYS review.
I, Lexie H, do solemnly swear to review all the stories I read,
And, as a proud member of the Leggy Revolution:
I, Lexie, do solemly swear to love my legs, no matter shape, size, orientation or name, forever more.
|Community:||The Reviews Lounge Recommends....|
|Focus:||Books Harry Potter|