Author has written 63 stories for Yu-Gi-Oh, Beyblade, Fruits Basket, Harry Potter, CSI, Toy Story, Tangled, and Batman.
"I write when the urge hits me, getting the words down as fast as I can type. Then, I step back from what I just wrote and start a dialectical process where I begin challenging my own writing." -Unknown Author
Hello, I'm Kohaku no Hime. That is a bit of a mouthful, though, so you can call me Kohaku :)
The Life and Times of Kohakuhime:
07/31/2016: "Come Together" has received an update (AT LAST)! Also, I have decided to list "Written on Scraps of Notebook Paper" as complete, since I'm not active in the LJ challenge community. Check out the update if you have the time, and thanks so much :)
11/27/2015: I received a very lovely gift from Tumblr user mpuzzle: a glorious and beautiful fanart for "The Princess and the Dragon", which has been currently set as the new cover for the story. Thanks so much again, Puzzle!!
11/09/2014: All right kids, so I decided to do a couple things different for "Come Together":
Also, I will be going through and re-editing chapters on a massive scale. I will be fixing grammar and plot errors, as well as adding (a small amount of) new content in some places, so keep your eyes peeled!
Celeste: A picture I drew of Valon's mother, who appeared in "Come Together."
Before You Get Started, Some Rules for the Road:
1. If it is not a healthy pairing or ship, I don't write it. PERIOD. This stands for mostly abusive ships, unhealthy and toxic relationships, and ships involving incest and/or pedophilia. There won't be any such content in either my favorites or in my stories.
2. Reviews are always welcome and much appreciated, and I'll do my best to reply to each one. Concrit is also greatly appreciated, as I don't always manage to catch errors and may miss a few; I also respond to PM's. That being said, please do not leave me reviews that are nothing more than "When's the sequel coming out?" or "When will you update *insert answer here*?"
3. In regards to Number Two:
4. Though I grew up with the dub version of Yu-Gi-Oh! - and still love it, even with the edits and cheesy dialogue - I primarily use the sub names and plot devices in my fics. I do use dub names for certain characters, though, so don't be surprised to see them. The ones I primarily use dub names fore are:
5. If you ever read my material and you recognize something that I didn't give credit to an author for, let me know. I certainly don't want to be accused of plagiarism. Also, I am human and can make typos/errors in my stories, so please tell me if there's something funny with it. I promise I don't bite and will welcome any messages that are "hey this isn't right".
Stories in Progress:
Come Together: "A series of oneshots exploring the daily lives of our three favorite bikers: Raphael, Alister, and Valon."
The Princess and the Dragon: "In which an unusual princess has to deal with dragons, enchantments, and combinations thereof."
“I’m warning you—you so much as bruise what’s in your hand and I will show you the true meaning of pain. The state of your soul will no longer matter because you will cease to exist.” Kurama, Yu Yu Hakusho
“Fine! You heard Fox Boy. There's nothing we can do for the old hag if she's already gone limp. Just got to keep on trucking, yes sir! I'm going to go outside and make myself a nice, big, shiny first place medal, sit in the sun, and have a stupendous friggin' day, dammit!” Yusuke, Yu Yu Hakusho
"Don't you feel any pain? Doesn't your chest hurt? Doesn't your heart hurt? How many people have you sacrificed for this lost cause? Even your own companions...even Valon and Alister have been taken. Don't you feel anything at all?" Yami no Yugi (speaking to Raphael), Yu-Gi-Oh!
"The future is unlimited and the past is but a trace of memory." Seto Kaiba, Yu-Gi-Oh!
"OMG RAPHAEL IS A PHARAOH TOSSING LOG ROLLING CHAMPION WHY ISN'T THIS AN OLYMPIC EVENT?" Me, in conversation with Wizqevelynart on Tumblr.
"Oh COME ON! What are you, Joey Wheeler?! How are you that lucky?!" Younger brother, during a conversation where I pulled out Dark Magician Girl, Blue Eyes White Dragon, and Slifer the Sky Dragon from one of the DSoD boosters.
"PARKOUR!" The Dresden Files, by Jim Butcher.
My disclaimer for all stories:
As I primarily write for the Yu-Gi-Oh! fandom: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh!, its plot, or its characters. I merely create the situations the characters are in for my stories; I also do not own any of the OC's I borrow from authors to have cameos in my stories, and proper credit and permissions will be noted. I did go to the shipper's list and successfully petition to get the Valon/Serenity pairing named as "Gentleshipping." Random fact I'm proud of :D
The plots of my stories and any OC's that I create for the purposes of my stories are mine. While I do allow people to borrow the concepts found in my fics/OC's for cameo purposes (with permission, of course), I will not tolerate having the stories that I poured my heart and soul into taken just so that someone else can try to pass it off as their own. I WILL NOT HESITATE TO REPORT YOU IF YOU TRY.