Author has written 3 stories for NCIS, and Harry Potter.
I have been an avid reader of fanfiction since long before I joined this site. I didn't create an account until I realized it would be an easier way to be reminded of which stories I was currently reading.
Current TV: NCIS, House, Law and Orders, Nova, Criminal Minds
Discontinued Shows: JAG, The District, Third Watch, Rescue 911, ER, Scrubs
Literature: Science Fiction (esp. Asimov, Bradbury, Clarke), Anything by Kurt Vonnegut (because I dunno how to classify his novels), Nonfiction War Novels, Mystery, Good Poetry (esp. ee cummings, Lord Alfred Tennyson, Walt Whitman), Douglas Adams (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy), Harry Potter
Fanfic to Read: Harry Potter, NCIS, Criminal Minds, House
I finally posted my first fic! An NCIS fanfic that I posted at three in the morning after being inspired by Bruce Springsteen's "Nothing Man." The fic shares its name with the song
Finally got up a Harry Potter fanfic! It's multi-chapter, but rather short, and a bit strange. Check out "The Power of Loyalty."
I have been working sporadically on a long, multi-chapter HP fanfic... I've always wanted to publish something big, and this one seems promising. I will not publish it till it's done, however: I tend to write in a random order, and I fear that if I published before it was finished, it'd all end up being changed.
And, for anyone who cares, I despise improper grammar. A few minor mistakes are okay (Gosh knows I make a lot), but please, there are some easily fixable things. Ahem. Enough of my ranting. If you spot any mistakes in my stories, please please tell me! I will fix them as soon as I can. :)
A few tips to writers, from an avid reader:
1) If your summary sucks, make it better. Don't tell me "Summary bad, read anyway," because I probably won't.
2) If your grammar or spelling is bad in your summary, I am not going to read your story, because gosh knows it will be much worse inside. Microsoft Word (and Open Office, I'm sure) has spell check. Heck, even Google will fix what you type in. USE IT!
3) Please warn me if your story has slash or a certain relationship or something else that may deter a reader - in your summary or the beginning of your story. If it's not my cup of tea, I won't read it... but if I do read it and you didn't warn me, I will be angry, and you don't want an angry reader.
4) Don't EVER write "I will continue only if I get [enter number here] of reviews." This makes me strongly desire to press the back button on my browser. Only if your story is extremely good will I ignore this, and even then, I probably won't review - just out of spite.
5) If I don't review, that doesn't mean I hate your story. I can never think of anything to say, honestly... I am trying to get better at this... slowly.
6) Paragraphs. Please! It's really hard to read if you have giant blocks of text, and I find myself rereading things. Space it up a bit?