Author has written 7 stories for Bleach, Love Hina, Naruto, How to Train Your Dragon, and Teen Titans.
Status: Educated Good Ole Boy with too much time on my hands
Age: 28 and already
Location: Upstate NY
Favorite Anime: Bleach, Eureka 7, Welcome to N.H.K., Basilisk, Evangelion, many many more and growing.
Hobbies: Cars, camping, video games, and a good book, usually one of the Diskworld series.
Likes: Honesty, People with a good sense of humor, any music that has a good beat.
Dislikes: Rap, Country, people who put on an act.
MogtheGnome: This is the man who wrote "The Great Romantic", "The Imprint", as well as "The Great Landscaping Crisis". This is the guy you go to if you want to read a story that is just funny as hell, T.G.L.C. for general laughs with "The Imprint" if you have one hell of an imagination as I do. Only problem I have with Mog is he's slow with updates, but if enough people ask(coughhassle himcough) I'm sure he will update a little faster.
Mountainwind: The man who has the ability to write wonderful stories with many ranges. Humor with "Entwined Tails" to drama "The Garden". He can also be described as one of the few that instills hope in me for the American education system yet. Also one of the few that knows how to write a tasteful lemon despite what one can call being a bit young.
Tips for those who want to write:
1. Spell check- I cannot stress this enough. If you're posting your story here, you obviously have access to a word processor. Most if not all of them come with spell check, while higher up ones will also work to correct your grammar. Learn to use this function, love it! I hate bad spelling, but I can overlook simple mistakes, but I won't tolerate gratuitous errors.
2. Line breaks- This is just common sense and a bit of a plea. Use line breaks often, from a change in scenes, to a change in conversations(Ex. One or more lines for one character with another for a separate character). These will prevent large blocks of texts. I personally use a 24" monitor and I still see blocks of texts, imagine those with smaller monitors. Think of their eyes!
3. Lemons- I have no problems with lemons at all, but I will divide most lemons into two categories, tasteful and smut. An example of what can be called a tasteful lemon, any of Anne Rice's mature works(Ex. "Exit to Eden" or any of the Sleeping Beauty books). Smut is just that, smut. Smut can be described as something pulled from the pages of Penthouse or Hustler. It's usually a sex scene described with the crudest of words. I won't go into detail but I'm sure the older folks will get what I'm saying.
1. Understanding the meaning of AU and OOC. AU means Alternate Universe, means it doesn't have to follow canon. I mean come on, there are fics up with world where men can conceive, carry till term, and give birth from their rectums, yet I get bitched out about a mild change to someone's personality. Bringing me to my next point. OOC, means out of character/context/control. Basic meaning for me, if its in my summary it means characters will not always be acting like they would in canon. So cut me some friggin slack when a character isn't acting like you think they would.
2. [M] for mature audiences, just because it's mature doesn't mean a story is going to be full of passages that reads like an excerpt of the penthouse forums. I'll give you folks a little glimpse into myself. I grew up watching David the gnome, Count Duckula, and Fraggle Rock. You would be lucky to hear the word shit in a PG-13 movie at the time, this obviously had a hand on what morals(the few that I have...). So anything that could be taken slightly lewd, crude, or has the word f*ck in it, in my stories automatically ups it to M rating.
3. My computer has a love/hate relationship with me. I had to reformat/fresh install twice in the past year. Once due to a hd failure in my main raid, second when I went from RC version of Win 7 to retail. Both times I backed up my document to my media drive. Both times, my pc got selective on what it wanted to copy over. I've lost nearly completed chapters for Hell Hath and Behind the Mask, yet it copied over an old draft of my freshman English paper on censorship. So if you're waiting for those two stories to update, I'm working on them as fast as I can. None of my stories are abandoned but will put up as they're complete.