Author has written 50 stories for Ouran High School Host Club, Skip Beat!, Bones, Numb3rs, Sherlock, Protector of the Small Quartet, Trickster series, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Song of the Lioness, Young Wizards, Alice in Wonderland, Pride and Prejudice, Gordan Korman, Others, Sherlock Holmes, Gundam Wing/AC, Castle, Cthulhu Mythos, and Immortals, Tamora Pierce.
Welcome to my profile! Thank you for checking me and my work out! I have no idea what to say here, but I'm honoured someone is reading my profile?!
The Quick and Dirty Guide To The Differences Between The Rigel Black Chronicles and the Revolutionary Arc
If you're here because of Breaking the Lines, Liar Liar, From America With Love or any other work in this series, you are probably here because I pointed you here for a quick and dirty guide to how this AU series differs from the wonderful murkybluematter's original. And you are confused and mixing the two up. Uh, sorry about that. These are the main differences.
1. The background international political situation is completely different. Wizarding Britain in my work is more of an outlier - call to mind countries like Saudi Arabia which are powerful, with an interesting history, and which internationally other countries still sanction. There are extensive sanctions against Wizarding Britain.
2. The history is probably quite different, especially in the span of time between 1900 and 1950.
3. Some background magical theory is different. Ancestry Potion would not work in my AU because the Potion would need a comparator to identify exact parentage - ie, it's possible but would require magical essence from the potential parents as well as the person in question to confirm.
4. Aldon is probably not a halfblood in the original, and is definitely not a Truth-speaker. Alex doesn't exist in canon. Neither does John. Or Francesca.
5. Everything at AIM is different. Literally everything.
6. Hermione is very different. Hermione is formed by her experiences at AIM as much as anything else, and she's far more similar to canon-HP Hermione than the RBC version.
7. The Triwizard Tournament is completely different. It is not a Blood Tournament, and it is more of a high profile sports event like the Olympics. With a war game in the centre of it. There is no magic rod as a reward.
8. Generally, everything is completely AU after The Ambiguous Artifice. That means everything is different - Lily's work is never attacked. Daphne is a legal pureblood who stays at Hogwarts. Etc.
9. The reasons for the Fade are different. Riddle's backstory may also be different, or some aspects of it are - he is a full noble in rev arc, because being a full noble comes with particular rights that he wouldn't have otherwise.
10. I don't write from Harry/Rigel's perspective. Ever. Harry/Rigel has a million words from her perspective and V is absolutely killing it writing her story.
11. Ultimately, I'm exploring very different themes in my work. There will be no hero-quest narrative.
Hopefully that's all for now, and clears things up somewhat!
I've effectively stopped updating this account, but you can find my latest works, including RevArc oneshots, on my AO3 account (same username)!