Poll: For fans of the first 'Mummy' movie: Which of the Americans is your favorite? Vote Now!
Author has written 21 stories for Pirates of the Caribbean, Blues Brothers, and Mummy.
Name: Bootsy or Kitty (Formerly known as Kittiko-Blues [Kittiko is courtesy of Bad-Luck-Bree. Thanks mate!])
NOTICE 12/23/15 - All stories are currently suspended/on hiatus for the foreseeable future.
Hello, fellow humans.
I'm a writer to the core, mostly dabbling in poetry and short stories centered on historical events & people (American Civil War would be my forte). I rarely post my original work online, as I prefer to keep it viewable to my family & friends only (at least for the time being). But I do enjoy posting fanfiction.
1. As you can tell from my portfolio, I've been writing mostly for The Mummy fandom since 2008, though I've in the past written for The Blues Brothers and Pirates of the Caribbean. Unfortunately I don't really plan on posting anything anytime soon because a little thing called life has been kicking my derrière lately, though I may sneak in a oneshot here and there. However, I still actively read and review fics on here when I get the chance, mostly within The Mummy fandom that center on the three Americans.
2. Here's a fun little tidbit that I always love to share: in 2016 I got to meet one of the actors from The Mummy, who also happens to be my favorite actor of all time, Corey Johnson. Long story short, I met him twice, got his autograph and some photos with him, and he gave me a PHONE CALL. Super nice guy, would highly recommend anyone check out his work.
3. I generally abide by two rules when it comes to writing fanfiction:
4. Some of my fanfic peeves: I'm a grammar & content freak, so yeah, it drives me batshit-insane when I read fics with glaring grammatical/structural errors. I don't like fics that aren't even trying sincerely to convey a coherent storyline, and straight-up porn is just...UGH. I also steer clear of blatant Mary-Sue fics; they're grammatical nightmares and take so many historical liberties that it's honestly nauseating. But fear not, fellow writers. As pretentious as I may sound, rest assured I will NEVER engage in the flaming and outright bullying that some writers endure. If I hate a fic, I simply move on, and if I must leave something, it will of course be constructive criticism. It's easy being an asshole, but it's a heck of a lot easier simply being nice.
5. Favorite Areas of Study in History: The Battle of Gettysburg (Civil War and Reconstruction), The Normandy Invasion/D-Day (WWII), The Alamo (The Texas Rebellion), The Destruction of Guernica, The Katyń Forest Massacre, The Fall of the Romanov Dynasty, The Plains Indian Wars, The Dark Ages/Renaissance, American West/Old West, Ancient studies (Greek, Egyptian, Roman), European monarchies, Viking studies, mythological studies (Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Aztec, Celtic, Native American), military history, mostly anything related to American and European history. Don't be surprised if you see references from any of these subjects appear in my work. ;)