Poll: Would you eat Yoda's cooking? Vote Now!
Author has written 33 stories for Star Wars, Warriors, Harry Potter, Bible, Chronicles of Narnia, Poltergeist: the Legacy, General Hospital, Lord of the Rings, Misc. Books, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, and Sherlock.
Somehow We'll Get By is on hiatus indefinitely. I apologize for the inconvenience. I will finish it. I just don't know when.
My name is Icey. I'm a Creative Writing major in the middle of the U.S. who spent a semester in England the fall of 2013. I have a fiancee, two parents, one cat (unfortunately, the one in my avatar passed on), two sisters, an Avengers team, a brother who sometimes pretends to be my polygamist husband, and a cousin whom I call my nephew.
My AO3 account, with primarily Avengers fic. All of my new fic from here on out will be on there. I will eventually finish SWGB, but I'm just not at a point where I can do that. All of my more recent works (summer 2012 onward) can be found on AO3.
Now, onto the fun stuff!
Random questions of life:
Can you clap with your feet? Yes. This is what ballet is good for.
Have you seen purple cows? Not yet. If you go to my neighbors' farm and paint their cows purple, I will saint you.
If you had 10 Mountain Dews, what would you be like? *continuously licks girlfriend's face*
What's the last book you read/are reading? Persepolis 2: The Story of a Return
Where are you? My bedroom.
What's your personality like? "I'm hopeless and awkward and desperate for love!"
Who do you have a crush on? My fiancee. Also: Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, Obi-Wan, Aragorn, Faramir, Boromir, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin...etc.
What was the last thing you thought? My throat is gross.
Grab the closest thing to you. What is it? My girlfriend's shoulder.
Say George Bush. What do you think of?? Pointless wars.
"I've got a black woolen hat, and it's got "Pervert" written across the front of it. It's the name of the clothing label. And I was with my wife and my baby at the supermarket and I didn't think. I just put my hat on Clara's head because it was cold. And the looks. I couldn't figure out why I was getting death looks. And then I realized my 10-month old baby's wearing a hat with the word "Pervert" written on it, and these people were like, There's Satan! There's Satan out with his kid! And then I made a point of her wearing it every time we went there."
Random moments of life:
17. I was at a Burger King in Ireland with some of my friends. I was distracted by something. When I looked up, one of my friends wordlessly crowned me with one of those Burger King crowns. I am now the Burger Princess.
16. My campus is notorious for its overly friendly squirrel population. In my first semester there, I was touched by a squirrel twice, once when I was napping in a tree and one came up behind me to touch my hair and once when one ran over my feet as I was walking down the sidewalk.
15. My best college friend and I were discussing a roleplay I was in that ended. I had been Tony, and my RP partner had been Bruce. "My Bruce just left me!" I said to Tia. Her response, complete with suggestive eyebrow wiggling: "I'll be your Bruce."
14. I asked my four-and-a-half-year-old nephew, "How do you get to Sesame Street?" His response: "TRICERATOPS!"
13. My small friend (and new brother) Natey, who is also friends with my older sisters, decided that we were going to form our own family. Not only did he decide that Sage was his grandfather and Taffy was his mother, but I apparently am his auntie, and my eldest sister, Star, ended up as...the Gnome Fairy. She stands at the front gate of our invisible house, saying, "Your wish is granted!" and making people explode.
12. Taffy's boyfriend: *whispering* distract her, Icey, distract her! ... me: ...um... *spazzes and flings Coke everywhere* ... taffy: WTF? ... taffy's bf: not exactly what I, um, well, it worked!
11. All of my sisters and I were hanging out on the couch in front of the TV. We were bored, so we decided to watch the amazing animated film Anastasia. The problem? The sound wasn't working on our tv. We starting making up the words to the movie, and every other word was "f..k", as in: "Oh, Anastasia, love, you are so beautiful, I just want to f..k you in this train car!" and: "DMITRI'S FAT DUDE FRIEND WANTS TO F..K THE PUPPY DOG!" Needless to say, the neighbors were not pleased, especially when we began to sing "Once Upon a December" at approximately 1:30 am. I think we may have sounded a tad, ah, high...XP (EDIT: I can't watch Anastasia with a straight face anymore. Believe me; I've tried.)
10. I'm out to lunch with my good friends (and older sisters) Sage, Taffy, and Star. Somehow, being her own psycho self, Sage knocks over Taffy's water bottle. As she reaches across to help clean the mess up, Sage knocks over her own drink. Then I knock over my drink. Then Sage knocks over her own drink again. We all sit there, struggling to clean the mess up and laughing like maniacs. We all end up publicly embarrassing ourselves.
9. It's another of Star, Sage, Taffy, and I's infamous "lunch break expeditions". I am sitting there, chewing my food and talking about some of our stories with Star and Taffy when we notice that Sage is slumped on the table, shaking. We assume she's randomly crying, so we say, "Hey, Sage, what's the matter?" She raises her head and she's not crying, she's LAUGHING. Sage is laughing so hard that she actually almost is crying. We stare at each other for a few stunned moments, then we, too, begin laughing our random evil laughs. Every sane person in the dining room (a.k.a. everybody else) edges away, their eyes huge. Again, we publicly embarrass ourselves.
8. This is a story from when we were very young, about eight or nine, before I knew the others. (They went to elementary school with each other.) They were at church ( they went to a Catholic school) when Sage looks out the window and sees, of all things, A TORNADO!! Some other kids notice it too. A few minutes later the tornado warning comes in and they all take cover. No one at the school was injured. the weirdest thing about this is that Sage saw the tornado and SHE DOESN'T REMEMBER SEEING IT!! Taffy, however, testifies that our strange friend Sage did indeed see the tornado. Weird...
7.Another "lunch break expedition". I don't remember what exactly what we were talking about. Star suddenly goes, "Take from the poor and give to the needy!" The rest of us all choke on our food and say, "WHAT!?" What Star meant to say was, "Take from the rich and give to the needy," you know, like Robin Hood! Somehow it didn't come out right.
6. I called Sage when she was away in San Diego because I wanted to make sure she wasn't mugged or abducted by aliens or run over by a crazed moose(well, at least the mugged part.). We were talking when she said suddenly, "Hang on. I need to get some clothes on!" I screamed, "WHAT!?" so loudly that my big sister Star poked her head out of her bedroom and said, "What the heck?" When I told her what Sage had said, she, too, screamed, though her words were slightly more...colorful...than mine. Sage quickly explained, "I'M SORRY! I MEANT THAT I HAD TO GET A SWEATSHIRT ON, OKAY? GET YOUR MINDS OUT OF THE GUTTER!" (EDIT: A reverse of this *me getting dressed and telling Sage* happened recently, if you needed any more proof that we're all utterly mad!)
5. I made Taffy a DVD for her birthday. I put it in an envelope and wrote on the outside of the envelope, "Good things come in small packages." She saw the envelope and said, "Dang, my birthday present is small!" I said, "Yeah? Well, look what it says here: 'Little things come in small packages!'" Ooops!
4. When I was at a dance when I was in eighth grade, Star, Sage, and I had to share a guy during the slowdance. There weren't enough guys to go around, 'cept that guy said he was enough to go around. (EDIT: He was, incidently. All but one of us girls are now his ex.)
3. The four of us we at home. We were drinking Sunny-D and joking around. I don't even know what Star said to make me laugh, but one moment I was laughing, and the next moment I was choking on Sunny-D! I've never drank the stuff since. It's evil, I tell you!! (EDIT: I recently tried Sunny-D again; to my surprise, it tasted quite good.) (EDIT yet again: I recently did almost the same thing with water. Luckily, I just gave Taffy an unexpected shower instead of choking. I might have troubles if I weren't able to drink water.)
2. One day it was just Taffy and me at home. It had been sunnier earlier that day, but it had started storming pretty bad. I turned on the TV as I said, "I'd better check in case of natural disasters." Then... "ACHOO!!" There was an explosion of epic proportions from Taffy, who had caught my cold. "Well," I giggled after we had calmed dowm a bit, "that's the gale force winds the weatherman was talking about!"
1. I told my sister Taffy about this story that Star and I are writing and hoping to eventually have published. Well,I discussed one of the characters from the story. This is what I said: "...everyone's like, 'AHH! GAY PRIEST!' Hello! He's BISEXUAL! Not gay! BISEXUAL! That's an important plot point right there that everyone misses! He HAS TO BE a Irish, soccer-playing, BISEXUAL priest! It's really important! Without him being a BISEXUAL, not gay, BISEXUAL priest, there's about one chapter that I have to delete, and pretty much all of the chapters I have to edit!" The next thing I know, Taffy doubles over, laughing, and holds up a video camera. As I sputter indignantly, she cries, "I caught that whole thing on tape!" The "bisexual rant", as it was later dubbed, has since been partially recorded over, but it will always be imprinted in our minds. XD