Author has written 15 stories for Avatar: Last Airbender, and Glee.
Hi I'm Atolia. I write Avatar: the Last Airbender fiction, but you can request from another fandom and I'll see what I can do. I like tennis, basketball and good TV. I generally write one-shots and drables. Recently they've gotten really short (see "Float" and "Fathers"), but I've done longer works. I like challenges and I like requests, so if you've got one, feel free to PM me. I really don't like flames. There is absolutely no reason to be rude about why you don't like a story. I know that everyone has their own opinion, but I'd like to see it in the form of CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. That means you shouldn't write "this sucks, I hate you" in one of your reviews to me. I promise it will be laughed at, ignored or deleted (not necessarily in that order). I do appreciate when people tell me that there's something wrong with what I've written in a polite and considerate manner. I don't mean you have to flatter me, I just mean that you could say something like, "I don't like how character X was portrayed. I think that he/she was too mean/OC/mopey/exc.". I'll definitely take reviews like that into consideration, and if I disagree with you, explain what I was thinking or why I chose to do that in my piece. On that note, I also like when people ask me questions about my work. So if you have one, ask it in a review or shoot me a PM, and I would be happy to answer it. This is of course barring questions of the nature "What happens next??". So to let you guys get to know me better, I'll post some of my fandom favorites.
1. Jetko: A fetish of mine. There are some really good ones out there. I particularly like "Smokes", "In Our Walls" and "Float" (No not mine). I liked "Eternal Delusion" but that was discontinued.
2. Maiko: I'm a real fan of this ship. I mean they're good together and they seem happy. She went to JAIL for him. Alabaster has some good ones and "Seven" is really good too.
3. Zutara: Yes I'm an anomaly. I like Zutara too when it is handled well, and there isn't character bashing involved. Of Aang or Mai. Wren Sharpbeak's "Fire" series is good. Trombe's "What I Don't Like About You", "Merits" and DamageCtrl's fics are good for this ship. As well as "The Airbender's Child" series. Please read the warnings on these fics before you read them. There is mentions of prison torture in Trombe's fic and "Merits" and DamageCtrl's fics have sex in them.
4. Zukaang/ Zukka: I like these about the same and there are a lot of good fics and ficlets for these. "Food of Love" over on LJ is really good and is in my memories.
5. Other parings: I don't really have a problem with other pairings. I'm a Zuko fan, but I read other pairings too. There isn't one that I don't like unless there is character bashing involved. So if you've got a good one I'd love to hear about it.
There are a lot of good gen fics out there too. I like reading these because they usually have good worldbuilding and character development. Here are a few recommendations.
"Hide and Seek" by Swiss Army Knife. This one could be construed as Zukka, but really it's more of a male bonding fic. Sokka and Zuko team up in a game of Hide and Seek (Avatar style of course) against the other members of the gang. This is a oneshot and very well written. No mentions of dark themes.
"Another Brother" by Avocado Love. This fic is a "what if Zuko joined the Water Tribes when he was little" fic. It's very well written, all the characters are IC and it isn't just a retelling of the story with Zuko along for extra commentary. There's talk of torture and death but nothing at all graphic.
"The Problem with Zuko" by Avocado Love. Yes, she's on here twice. But this is a story that she wrote for avatarbigbang over on Livejournal, and it is really good. It's only one chapter, but it is a fairly long piece. 10k or more I believe the bigbang challenge was. It's about what would happen if Lu Ten hadn't gone to Ba Sing Se and had captured the Avatar. What's left for Zuko? How will Aang save the world. Lots of political intrigue and the Fire Nation being creepy. Nothing to graphic though.
"The Road Less Travelled" This story was a continuation of the series back when we were waiting for Season Three to come out. Obviously, it's very AU/AR given that she was speculating about what was to come. But the story is well-written, with lots of appearances from old characters, some new characters and Zuko. (It's a Zuko-centric fic). Lots of fun speculation and good writing. I believe that there are no warnings on this fic, but please mind the rating anyway.
"Embers" by Vathara. "Dragon's fire is not so easily extinguished; when Zuko rediscovers a lost firebending technique, shifting flames can shift the world... Follows "Theft Absolute"." The prequel is a oneshot and short enough that you can read it in one sitting. "Embers" itself is up to its fourty-something chapter, and will take multiple days. This is a really good piece of fiction. The author puts a lot of effort into each chapter and she has a bibliography. No joke. The story is well written and very realistic. For this reason I recommend readers be at least fourteen. I will warn people who are diehard fans of Katara to stay away from this fic. I know I said that I don't like character bashing, but this fic doesn't really bash her. It takes a look at what Katara would have been like if Avatar wasn't a kid's show and the Water Tribes were more like the Inuits they were based off of. Her actions according to her tribe are right and they are mature. I don't think a lot of readers understand that. While "Embers" isn't a dark-fic (I'm not really a fan of those) it does deal with the actions of the Avatar cast as if they were adults. So there are adult consequences, adult situations (no sex. although there are references, but those too a far and few), and adult context.
I write gen fics mostly. I'll write Maiko or Zutara. I don't really write the slash pairings that I enjoy reading, but I'll try if someone makes a request. If you have any recommendations or requests for me send me a PM. Also, you can friend my journal over on Livejournal.
Here's the link:
If you friend me, let me know that your from FF or I might not accept the request. See you guys out there!