Author has written 86 stories for Criminal Minds, Frankenstein, Dresden Files, Misc. Movies, Nightmares and Dreamscapes, Star Trek: 2009, Terminator, StarTrek: The Original Series, Lord of the Flies, Misc. Books, Robert Langdon series, Supernatural, Under the Dome, Sherlock Holmes, Les Miserables, Picture of Dorian Gray, Alice in Wonderland, Hetalia - Axis Powers, and Yes, Prime Minister.
Hello, I'm Soot and I'm from England. I also have an account on Fictionpress so if you for what ever reason want to check out what i have been up to over there, feel free to look. It's the same name you are looking for! Keeping it simple!!
A little about myself:
1) Education: I am a mega nerd! enough said really. I attended a sixth form at a Grammar School in England. I have now graduated with 4 and a half A-levels. I am now studying for a degree in Psychology with hopes of doing a PhD.
2) Fav Books:I will read just about anything that captures my interests. I like war books, history books and classics. I adore the works of Leo Tolstoy, Nikolay Gogol, Victor Hugo, Robert Louis Stevenson, Charles Dickens, Vassily Grossman, the Bronte sisters, Arthur Conan Doyle, Alexander Dumas, Oscar Wilde, Mary Shelly, Bram Stoker, Jane Austen, pretty much anything to do with classical literature! I have a preference to British, German and Russian at the moment though.
2.b) I have very odd peculilarities. I once drove 400 miles to go to a second hand book shop for a book they did not have. I also drink tea by the bucket load out of a huge Union Jack mug and majority of my bed room has been delegated to books. Given a chance i would walk around in a Bowler hat happily and if you say 'Nelson', 'Wellington', or 'Big Ben', I will cheer - LOUDLY! _ (Say 'Blair' though, or 'Labour' i will boo - LOUDLY)
3) Fav TV shows: Oh - where to start? I am madly in love with British comedies such as My Family, It Ain't Half Hot Mum, Red Dwarf, Blackadder, Mock the Week, Open all Hours, Only Fools and Horses, Vicar of Dibley and An Idiot Abroad. I also love Sherlock Holmes and Sherlock. I am a huge Sherlock Holmes fan!
4) Fav Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Burke and Hare, the Carry On films, Hot Fuzz, Dog Soldiers, Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.
5) Music:I listen to such a wide range of stuff my CD collection might as well be a CD shop. I listen to some really good stuff as well as a lot of really bad stuff. The bad stuff just makes me laugh; and i love to laugh. I'm currently in love with Marina and the Dimonds.
6) Humour: I have quite a dark dry humour and quite often find myself laughing at movies like Dawn of the Dead. That's not horror - that's a comedy where everyone has survival skills that would make a cabbage blush. Some say my humour makes me more approachable though because it is very easy to make me laugh. Sometimes though my humour is quite inappropriate, but i am quite desensitised though to many things so i can never tell when i'm going too far.
7) Fan fiction:I love to read and write on here as often as i can. I also know a few authors on here and have become very close friends! All hail skype and MSN!! I go to school with the author Shineoncindi!!!! We're in the same form and we torment each other before the lessons start. She blames me for introducing her to this site and getting her addicted. I think she may have a point.
8) Hair: I'm a bright blonde by nature but i have decided that I'm going to dye it ash blonde now. I've been brown before, but i'm tired of that now. Dull, dull, dull!!!
9) Addictions:Apart from the TV shows that i admitted being an addict to, i am also addicted to tea and buying books and more books. I also like those little trinket things as well as anything unusual that adds to me eccentric style. I have a barbie that my mum brought me because it had my name on it. Spelt wrong but its still my name! Oh! And i also have a Arthur Kirkland bag charm!
10) A - Levels: I studied Law, English Lit and Religious Studies.
11) Couples I currently ship: I will add to this list as time goes on as i discover new things. Lol. At the moment it stands at:
Humphrey/Bernard (Yes, Minister)
Humphrey/Hacker (Yes, Minister)
Enjolras/Combeferre (Les Mis)
Enjolras/Grantaire (Les Mis)
Audebert/Horstmayer (Joyeux Noel).
Dorian/Basil (The Picture of Dorian Gray).
Ralph/Simon (Lord of the Flies)
Rimmer/Lister (Red Dwarf)
Ciel/Sebastian (Black Butler)
I'm a total slash girl but don't make any assumptions with that piece of information. Thats one thing where reading between the lines will not get you any where. Well, my friend did show me a motivational poster which said: "Know everything about gay sex? - Straight virgin girl." I nearly died laughing then realised it was true! Well, at least in my case.
12) Some of the world's most fab quotes
"If you put more prisoners on ships, surely you're only going to create more pirates". Frankie Boyle
"It's water your healing yourself with! You can't over dose. Yeah, well you can fucking drown!" Dara O'Briain
"Are you ready for a killer bee attack? What would killer bees want in woolworths? think pick n' mix. fuck it, ya right!" Dara O'Briain
"The two things that awe me the most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me." Kant
"Happiness is not an ideal of reason, but of the imagination." Kant
"You fools! You have earthed my wife's mother!" Rene Artois
"Pear trees can not bear bananas." Voltaire
"Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement." Sir Humphrey Appleby
"I don't want the truth, i want something i can tell Parliament!" Jim Hacker, MP
"Well Minister, if you ask me for a straight answer, then I shall say that, as far as we can see, looking at it by and large, taking one thing with another in terms of the average of departments, then in the final analysis it is probably true to say, that at the end of the day, in general terms, you would probably find that, not to put too fine a point on it, there probably wasn't very much in it one way or the other as far as one can see, at this stage." Sir Humphrey Appleby
Humphrey: "Prime Minister I must strongly protest in the strongest possible terms, my profound opposition to a newly instituted practice which imposes severe and intolerable restrictions upon the ingress and egress of senior members of the hierarchy and which will in all probability, should the current deplorable innovation be perpetuated, precipitate a constriction of the channels of communication and culminate in a condition of organisational atrophy and administrative paralysis which will render effectively impossible the coherent and coordinated discharge of the function of government within her Majesty's United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland."
Hacker: "You mean you've lost your key?"
"Yes ... the English speaking nations can be said to include the USA." Bernard
"You do not need to kill the General, we have already arranged to kill the General... Do you not see? That if we kill him with the pill from the till by making with it the drug in the jug, you need not light the candle with the handle on the Gateau from the Chateau!" Geering ('Allo 'Allo)
"My spies inform me that the old lady from the cafe and her geriatric husband have been jailed for flying an unlicensed bed in military airspace." Herr Flick
"But uncle, you cannot expect me to shoot everyone in the town. I'm unpopular enough as it is!" Herr Flick
13) Age: I was born in November 1991. I'm putting that so i don't have to update it every time i have a birthday. I'm lazy.
14) I'm just going to add these for pure randomness! That and these are me in a nut shell!!
If you are part of the .0000001 percent of people who don't have a MySpace, copy this onto your profile.
If you think that being unique is cooler than being cool, copy this on your profile.
If your one of the people who could perfectly understand Jack Sparrow's confusing rants and when you friend all had confuzzled expressions on their faces you were like, well duh that made perfect sense. Copy this into your profile.
If you have ever had a mad laughing fit for absolutely no reason, copy and paste this into your profile
If you have ever seen a movie (or show) so many times that you can quote it word for word. And you do at random moments; copy and paste this in your profile.
If you believe that Sweeney Todd really existed, copy and paste this into your profile.
If you have a tendency to talk to yourself, copy and paste this into your profile. (And i have people stare at me for it to-I just say... "What is it? I'm just thinking out loud
15) I have many website and groups that I'm a member off. I have: Live Journal, Good reads, MSN, skype, facebook. if you want to add me for what ever reason, ask and i shall tell!
I have stopped writing on here now. I have decided that now my education is over, (I've been priced out of university and there is no way i am paying that kind of money that i should only ever see on a morgage or if i get billed for blowing up a power station - not that i'm planning to blow up a power station or anything. *looks innocent*), i am going to focus on actually trying to become an author. I've always held a hope that i could so i've decided to stop dreaming and actually get on with it. I know - even my parents said about time. ;P
I will leave this page up since one never knows when the pull of fanfiction will hit. Heck, it's hard at the moment because i'm hooked on Sherlock and i really want to write but i've put my foot down with myself. A bit of tough love. (Instead, i've put all my ideas on the kink meme so someone else can write it for me. I know - if they do write it i should send them some champagne or something.)
I am still around, so if anyone wants to speak to me, message me.
Take care you lovely lot.
Extra Note: 23/07/2013
I'm actually achieved the impossible, (well, for me at least). I'm actually getting published! It will be released on Kindle/ebooks. For all you slash fans, (I'm still a fan clearly, hahaha), there is a beautiful gay couple in it, but it also has sexy scientists, paratroopers, war criminals and one kick arse virus. Don't hesitate to private message me if you want to keep up with me. I'll give you my facebook. ;)
By the way, it's now out on Amazon. It's called the 'Kasai Virus'. (I went under a pen name due to the nature of my workplace).
Unsafe External Link