Author has written 29 stories for Fable, Final Fantasy I-VI, Legend of Dragoon, Summon Night, Zatch Bell, My World, My Way, Atelier Annie, Megami Tensei, Touch Detective, and Harry Potter.
I am a female
from nowhere in particular
and my age is of little consequence
"Cynically speaking, one could say that it is true to life to be cynical about it." - Paul Tillich
"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Bill Watterson
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence." - H. L. Mencken
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe
"In the driest whitest stretch of pain's infinite desert, I lost my sanity and found this rose." - Rumi
"So wise so young, they say do never live long." - King Richard III (Shakespeare)
My Primary Sections
Legend of Dragoon
Pairing(s): Lloyd/Wink, Guaraha/Meru
Pairing(s): Harry/Luna, Harry/OC, Harry/Astoria
I like... fics that depict Harry as strong without going over the top with arrogance. I like when violence is used to solve his problems, but also like well-handled political battles every now and again. I hate having to wade through dozens of SS/HP or DM/HP to find something I'm willing to click on. I hate that all the vampire fics that can give me violence seem to center around those two pairings and HP/HG, which I also dislike, as I feel they have a strong sibling chemistry that I can't get around. I don't mind HP/GW, depending on how she's written, but very much prefer Luna to all other girls. A decent OC is fine too, whether male or female. Decent, I say.
Pairing(s): Rasho/Pratty, Nassau/Reiha
Konjiki no Gash Bell
Pairing(s): Brago/Sherry, Rodeaux/Chita
The dub ticked me off. Not the voice acting, that was pretty great. The editing. They tried too hard to make it "child appropriate" or whatever and a lot of it just turned out ridiculous. Perhaps I am biased, having read the manga which has crime, death (technically one, fine), violence, brainwashing, existential erasure, womanizing, and nudity. Despite the art style, the themes aren't exactly childish.
Yu Yu Hakusho
Pairing(s): Sakyo/Shizuru, Kuwabara/Yukina, Yusuke/Keiko
Kuwabara bashing is played out and pointless and Kurama/Hiei is not really my cup of tea. I don't actually read much for this, but it's nice every now and again. An old favorite, both the anime and the manga.
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
Pairing(s): MC/Haru, Kaido/Mari
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2
Pairing(s): Yamato/Hiro/Io, Jungo/Airi
In the first playthrough, the original game that is, I didn't like Alcor or Ronaldo. Alcor tried to kill off Otome as a distraction to assassinate Yamato, two characters I instantly adored at their introduction. Ronaldo was obnoxious. Now, I have to admit that the character development shown in Record Breaker changed my mind and I like them both while being unable to stand Miyako, though the idea of masochist!Daichi chasing after her is funny...
Persona 2: Innocent Sin
Pairing(s): Baofu/Maya, Katsuya/Ulala
Pairing(s): Minato/Elizabeth, Junpei/Chidori, Aki/Mitsuru
These pairings don't budge. These are all OTP. I don't hate Yukari, love her in fact, and I'm sure she'll find someone someday... maybe Fuuka...
Pairing(s): Kilbert/Annie, Claus/Annie
Pairing(s): Riku/Sora/Kairi, Axel/Roxas
Pairing(s): Ichigo/Nel, Urahara/Ichigo, Renji/Rukia, Shunsui/Nanao, Gin/Rangiku
I stopped following the series after a few arcs because the tone and art changed and a bunch of weird plot devices got tossed in, but sometimes I find a fanfic I like in this category. Of course my top three favorite pairings are obnoxiously hard to find good things for. But I do not budge much on Bleach pairings. Those listed are those I like. Those or GEN!
I have scoured this site for things I want to see and have not found everything that I want to see. I decided that if I want to see it, I have to write it myself. Fiiiine.
Ah, but my muse has been making cameos lately, so words are trickling onto Word very slowly but surely.
-Still Frame's next chapter is in progress, 266 words
Stuck here, but it's gonna be WIP forever anyway. I'll update when I get ideas and the urge to write them. It's just a shame I haven't done a Lloyd/Wink yet when it's my favorite...
14th chapter is complete, 3853 words, IN-EDITING
15th chapter is in progress, 1227 words (out of 3,500--4,500 minimum)
The block is being chipped at slowly. I'm refining my outlines and working on several things at once and have decided not to post new chapters until I have all of first year's class schedule and timeline completed in my notes as well as a few chapters mostly done and in the editing stage. I cannot give a date at this time.
1st chapter is in progress, 2669 words
--This is a bit of a side project as I chip at AntiHyphen. It is a Vampire!Harry, Harry/Luna fic, about 18 chapters, post 5th-year. I'm not gonna say what it's about until it's posted. I may finish at least half of it before I post it...
One-shot in progress, 1196 words
--HP/YYH crossover, post-DH and post-manga-epilogue. MoD!Harry
One-shot in progress, 410 words
--Devil Survivor 2, post-Record Breaker ending. Joe's wedding...
I have a few distracting RL issues and a condition called "laziness" so updates are sporadic.
For the Record
For the record, I didn't BS my examples... I've seen what I mention.
- Overly fluffy things, overly honorable/kind/considerate guys, overly sappy things are all annoying to me.
- - (Like: The guy that is so amazing that just being held by him makes all menstrual cramps/headaches/trauma/etc. go away and he never gets jealous and always defends his woman/women and never forgets important dates and never minds being shamelessly manipulated or marriage trapped by contraceptive-skipping lovers.)
- Blatant character bashing in a 'serious' fic is annoying. I believe that if you don't like a character, you twist them or put them in the background.
- - (I feel bad for Kagome (Inuyasha), Sakura (Naruto), Lizzy (Kuroshitsuji), Kairi (Kingdom Hearts), Hermione (HP), and Ginny (HP) to name a few, when people turn them all into total irredeemable and unbelievable bitches, in some cases just to pair, typically slash, their love interests with someone else)
- When it comes to characterization of strong female characters: there is a difference between classy dignity and being an indignant bitch. It makes me sad that there is all too much of the latter.
- I dislike mpreg. I will not read it. I will hit backspace the moment it's mentioned as anything more than jest. I don't care how much I was enjoying the fic until that point.
- I'm partial to the occasional three/foursome fic, but not harems, and the predestined/soulmate thing doesn't sit well with me
- - (When a male character's "destined mates" are all male, I don't get it. "Mating" is for the purposes of reproduction. Going this route implies mpreg, which I hate. "Mating" as a synonym for "Marriage" in a fic involving supernatural creatures is irritating, but not quite the same thing.)
- With slash, I prefer the characters act reasonably within their gender (and personality!), rather than like the stereotype of a hormonal preteen girl. Unless they were raised to believe they were the opposite sex, though I haven't seen many/any put that much effort into such a backstory. Usually they wake up one morning and TADA. It's been said on many other, more visited profiles, but if you're gonna write the guy like a girl then just go write het. Or a gender-bender. Girls can have anal sex too if you're into that.
- Chemistry and character development in a fic is more important than sex, IMO. I'd rather have a character driven piece with an implied pairing than a smutty mess that photobombs the plot. Incidentally, I have zero interest in writing sex scenes, lime or lemon level.
- Parodies are exceptions
- I will read nearly anything at all that can amuse me. Het, Gen, Slash, femSlash, etc.; I don't care. Whatever makes me laugh and/or makes my eyes not bleed. I like fics that are well written. It can be about anything (with exceptions) and I can like it. If it's well written. And sometimes if it's not well written but has a decent idea or two, I'll try to read it anyway to see what happens.
- I dislike the "paste this into your profile" things and the (usually) poorly written anti-whatever poems, as I find them to look a bit sloppy.
- I don't really understand having over a thousand fics favorited. Or over a hundred and some change, even. Probably because I've been hanging around this site since the time that they had caps on everything. And I'm just picky, I guess.
- I don't review very often, due to laziness mostly, but also because it seems to me that, when I review, sometime soon after promising to keep an eye on the story and follow it, I either lose interest on my own, or it takes a sudden turn downwards, and I drop it, leaving me feeling guilty for making the promise in the first place. So, I usually wait. Unless it's a one-shot or completed fic that I intend to favorite. I review almost for sure then, depending on when the story was last updated. And when I add to my alerts usually, unless I'm feeling really lazy. Which is... more and more often.
- Review replies, I don't really bother with unless there are questions or things that need to be clarified or something. People don't often reply to replies, so it feels empty starting up what could be a conversation, but likely won't be, though I made a few friends like this before... but sending off a PM simply saying "thank you" for every review is kinda a hassle. Receiving them too. So it's just for questions and clearing stuff up for me.
- The profile picture is Cain, from Rust Blaster. Not that anyone has ever cared enough to ask, haha. But I'm saying this because OtherSchool!fics for the Harry Potter 'verse should totally take note of him, as the principal of a supernatural school. "Incompetent brats shouldn't squawk. The circumstances are on a different level. Now that you have all become quiet, shall we begin... the principal's special class?"