Author has written 3 stories for Harry Potter.
Hey people! I'm Allie. I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. For years I listened to them on tape as I fell asleep, so I have listened to them all (excluding the 7th) over 100 times each. You can tell that I have because I can do rediculus things like recite what it says on the door of Gringotts from memory. (Enter stranger, but take heed, of what awaits the sin of greed. For those who take but do not earn must pay most dearly in their turn. For, if you seek beneth our floors a treasure that was never yours, Theif, you have been warned of finding more than treasure there.) I can never decide if I am proud or ashamed of that talent!
I love re-reading them and seeing new things and little details that I hadn't before. It's great fun to see all of the far ahead planning that JKR did. An example of what I am talking about is the vanishing cabinet that Malfoy fixes in the 6th book. You know the one? Well, she has Peeves break it in the SECOND BOOK! Filch comes back from finding out what a noise was in order to punish Harry for "defiling the castle," (dripping mud on the floor), and he comes back muttering to Mrs. Norris, "We'll get him this time, My Sweet. That Vanishing Cabinet was extremely valuable." 'Course, I'm paraphrasing, so it might not be just like that, but it's something along those lines - no pun intended.
Also, the intricate planning of the character's names! The best examples are the Malfoy family and Sirius. The prefix "Mal" is Latin for bad or evil. Then, take Malfoy's mother's name - Narcissa. It comes from Roman/Greek Mythology (I can't remember which). Narcissa was a man that was totally obsessed with his own beauty. One time he was so obsessed with this reflection in a river that he fell in and drowned. Along the bank where he died Narcissa flowers grew. Narcissa now means someone who is vain or obsesses with them self - which she is! Then there's Sirius. Sirius is the main star in the Sirius constellation, which is a dog. The tag names of the series are simply fantastic! Along with all the Latin roots for the spells... gives appreciative sigh
JKR's planning is what made the series fantastic. It's all so real and tangible. I don't like any other series about magic and stuff because I just don't believe it. (If you get what I mean.) Harry Potter - I totally buy the characters and the whole thing. The way that JKR planned the school and the homework and all of the other stuff like that, it's just so realistic. It seems like that, if this were all real, this is how things would operate in the wizarding world. That's why I love it so much; it's just so dang realistic!
I want to thank the readers of Together for making my first FanFic such a success. (I just broke 200 reviews today =D) It did NOT start out well, but I've improved over the last 2 years and I am actually liking it now!
I can't believe that it's already been TWO YEARS since I started Together, but it has. I started the summer between sixth and seventh grade, and now it's the summer between eighth and ninth. (Eeek! High School in only two and half short months!)
It's been such a journey. I know that I should have out more that 27 chapters out in two years, but I am pretty pleased none the less. It's been so fun - I'm sad that it's drawing to a close soon. If you were a fan of Together, however, do not fret! I am going to focus on The Paradox, (creative title - huh?), after I finish Together and then go onto Together'ssequels. I think that I am going to title the sequel Adding Together. What do you think?
For all of you reading Together
Miones Wedding dress
Ginny's date dress
The song in the jewelry store
Picture of Zianna Zonko
Bachlorette Party dresses!
I'm sorry, but they hyperlink for Hermione has stopped working.
(You'll just have to imagine the engraving)
The Bridesmaid dresses.
(It's the one on the far right, but in Lavender.)
If you are reading the aforementioned story, thank you again for plowing through the crap! I think that right before I put up the final chapter I'll go back and edit all of the preceding chapters and bring them up to par. Then again, I may keep them as a memento towards my writing ability prowess. What option do you vote for?
A few of my favorite quotes are as follows:
"Rejoice in the little things in life." ~Unknown
"Live, Laugh, Love" ~ Unknown
"Today, you are you, that's truer than true. There is no one alive that is youer than you." ~ Dr. Seuss"Now, girls' brains are like a ball of wire; everything's connected. If you try to follow it, you'll get a headache.
"Don't let grades get in the way of your education." ~ Papa
"Alas it cannot succeed, you are entirely the wrong sort of man to be on of literature's desirables. You are altogether too difficult and complicated, I love you very much of course, but your personality would not be best portrayed in a book, readers would not like you at all." ~ Elizabeth Darcy.
"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It just means that you've decided to accept the imperfections." ~ Unknown
"Take these. I'm not sure where they came from, but they knock me out, so be careful." ~ TJ The River Guide
"IF YOU CAN'T BREATHE, YOU CAN'T DROWN!" ~ TJ The River Guide
"If you can swim - swim. If you can't swim - SWIM! It's easy. Flail your arms and legs - YOU'RE SWIMMIN'!" ~TJ The River Guide
"Please - STAY ON THE TRAIL! We have snakes, bears and dangerously inbread locals!" ~TJ The River Guide
"If we flip over you have eight seconds to make peace with your maker." ~ TJ The River Guide
"The good friend isn't necessarily the one who immediately understands—it's the one who cares enough to keep trying to understand."
"If one strips each of the great religions down to the basic concept, one will find that the philosophy is the same: a reverence for a deity, kindness to one's fellow man, and a belief in life after death. It is only after men himself adds a lot of superfluous ideas and customs that the misunderstandings occour, even to the point of bloodshed. The answer is tolerance." ~ Harriet Stratemeyer Adams
"“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.” ~ Dr. Seuss
"When life gives you lemons - READ THEM!" ~ Courtsey of FanFiction.net
"Atticus told me to delete the adjectives and I'd have the information." ~ Scout Finch
"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting." ~ Anne of Green Gables
“My mistress says that pig must stay outside, but the animal we shall take.” ~ Maid of the Bruni Family in ‘Casanova’
Here's the list I complied of my favorite "Thing's I can't do at Hogwarts" Rules. I hope you enjoy it, and it gives you your daily giggle! (My absolute favorites are the bolded ones.)
Things I am not allowed to do at Hogwarts
1. I will not poke Hufflepuffs with spoons.
2. No matter how good a fake Australian accent I can do, I will not imitate Steve Irwin during Care of Magical Creatures class.
3. I will not insist the house elves serve fried snake to the Slytherins.
4. If a classmate falls asleep, I will not take advantage of that fact and draw a Dark Mark on their arm.
5. Starting a betting pool on the fate of this year's Defense Against Dark Arts teacher is tasteless and tacky, not a clever moneymaking concept.
6. Seamus Finnegan is not "after me Lucky Charms".
7. I will not compel Seamus Finnegan to pursue people asking them for their Lucky Charms.
8. I will not tye-dye all of the owls.
9. I will not re-enact Harry Potter Puppet Pals in the Great Hall
10. I will not shave Mrs. Norris.
11. I will not bring a Magic Eight Ball to Divination class.
12. I am not allowed to tell Hufflepuffs there is no Santa Clause.
13. I am not allowed to steal Professor Flitwicks wand, hold it over my head and laugh as he tries to reach it.
14. I will stop asking when we will learn to make "Love Potion Number Nine".
15. I will not replace Madam Pomfrey's Skele-Gro with pumpkin juice.
16. Crucifixes do not ward off Slytherins, and I should not test that.
17. Using the Engorgio charm on certain parts of the human anatomy is not permitted on the school grounds, not even for entertainment purposes
18. There is no “Bring a muggle to school day.”
19. The fact that Draco Malfoy is short, blond, pale-eyed and rat-faced is no reason for me to tell the Slytherins that Peter Pettigrew should be paying Narcissa child support.
20. I should not refer to DADA professors as "canaries in the coal mine.”
21. I will not say the phrase "Dude, get a life." to Lord Voldemort.
22. I will not put books of muggle fairy tales in the history section of the library.
23. When applying for a post at the Ministry of Magic after graduation, I should not cite "Fred and George Weasley" as my greatest influence at Hogwarts.
-Putting down "Lord Voldemort" is probably not best either.
24. I will not create a pin-up calendar of the Slytherin girls and call it "Voldie's Angels".
25. I will not refer to Professor McGonagall as Catwoman, no matter how funny she would look in tight leather.
26. I will not use Slytherin and Gryffindor first years as Christmas decorations.
27. Calling the Ghostbusters is a cruel joke to play on the resident ghosts and poltergeists.
28. Not allowed out of my dorm when visitors from the Ministry are here.
29. Ravenclaws do not find a sign saying, "The library is closed for an indefinite time period" amusing in any sense.
30. Stealing first-years' clothing and then tossing it into and around the whomping willow is highly frowned at.
31. Despite popular belief, Hufflepuffs are not soft and squishy. Do not treat them as such.
33. Not allowed to use silencing charms on my Professors.
34. Astronomy class will not cause me to be abducted by aliens.
35. I will not sell tickets to get into the Chamber of Secrets.
-Especially if it is only a one-way ticket.
36. I will not use invisibility charms on anyone’s clothing.
37. Asking "So, when do we learn to saw a lady in half?" is not appropriate.
38. I'm not allowed to convince first years to play chicken with the Whomping Willow.
39. I will not follow the ghosts around and say that "I see dead people."
40. I'm not allowed to ask Malfoy where he gets his hair done.
41. Yelling 'To infinity and BEYOND' was only funny the first time I took off on my broom
42. I am not allowed to enter Honeydukes and demand to see Willy Wonka.
43. "Quidditch Players Do It in the Air" tee shirts are not allowed.
44. I am not allowed to suggest that the Gryffindor team practice by playing Strip Quidditch.
45. I'mnot allowed to use a fortune teller to make predictions in Divination.
46. I will not use the Marauder's Map for stalking purposes.
47. I am not to start a "Who can blow up their cauldron first" contest in Potions class.
48. I will not tell Snape to suck it after he takes off house points.
49. I'm not on Survivor, and therefore I'm not allowed to vote people out of the common room.
50. I will not borrow Trelawney’s tarot cards for a game of poker.
51. If Draco, Harry, or any other seeker gets on my nerves I am not allowed to shout "Fetch!" and throw a little golden ball.
52. I am not allowed to trick the first years into performing Thriller in the middle of the Halloween Feast.
53. The Muggle known as George W. Bush is not related to or working for Lord Voldemort in any way and I am to stop insinuating that he is.
54. I am not to sing 'We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz!' when sent to the Headmaster's office'.
- I am definitely not to sing it accompanied by the house elves acting as a backing group.
-Especially not with kazoos.
55. I am not to hold my wand in the air before casting spells and shout 'I... GOT... THE... POWER!'
56. I am not able to see the Grim Reaper, nor am I to claim that he is standing by the Headmaster, tapping an hourglass and looking at him impatiently. Or, for that matter, Harry Potter.
57. The house elves are not there to do my homework.
58. I am not allowed to organize a witch burning, even if I have been assigned to do a presentation on Muggle history in my Muggle Studies class.
59. Professor Snape's problem is not that "he needs to get laid".
60. Despite my personal beliefs, Quidditch would not improved by the introduction of muggle firearms.
61. Regardless of how much Professor Snape's hair might annoy me, it is inappropriate to sneak into his room at night and shave it off.
62. Shouting "Accio Dobby!" is not the proper way to get house-elf assistance.
63. I will not levitate everywhere in a big pink bubble.
64. Not allowed to use silencing charms on my Professors.
65. Will not charm Hermione's time turner to rotate every half-hour.
66. I will not sell tickets to get into the Chamber of Secrets.
67. Especially if it is only a one-way ticket.
68. I am not Voldemort's illegitimate love child.
69. I am not allowed to leave the catnip out in Professor McGonagall's class.
70. I am not allowed to ask Professor Dumbledore if the size of his beard is 'compensating for something'.
71. I will not start a rumor saying that Professor Snape sings "I'm too sexy for my robes" while showering. Or for that matter doing any other activity.
72. Telling people that Professor Snape is an animagus and turns into a snake is not recommended.
73. I will not get a muggle tattoo artist to tattoo the Dark Mark on any part of my body.
74. I am not to "walk on water" in front of muggles.
75. I will not compel Seamus Finnegan to pursue people asking them for their Lucky Charms.
76. I am not to tell Sir Cadogan that the Knights of Ni have challenged him to a duel and then have my friends/other people to call Ni from various directions.
77. Pinning Confederate flags to the backs of Death Eater masks is not wise.
78. Voldemort does not wish to appear as the "before" for a line of cosmetics.
79. I will not create a betting pool on that Voldemort is Harry Potter's father.
80. Asking Professor Snape if a house ever fell on his sister is wrong.
-So is asking him where he keeps his flying monkeys and if I could touch them.
81. Cannot lock the Slytherins and Gryffindors in a room together and take bets on which house will come out alive.
82. Robes are not optional.
83. Announcing "Remember: Save a broomstick! Ride a wizard!" is not an appropriate way to conclude a Quidditch match.
84. Leaving mash notes signed "Your secret admirer, Harry" in Neville Longbottom's books is both unfunny and cruel.
85. Voldemort, after being defeated, did not get served.
86. I will not tell the Ravenclaws that they're basically useless because Hogwart's smartest student is in another house.
87. It is not appropriate trade first years between houses.
88. I am not to tell Muggleborn first-years that Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans taste better when one eats a whole handful simultaneously.
89. I will not take out a life insurance policy on any Hogwarts Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.
90. I will not attempt to repel Dementors by covering myself in chocolate body paint.
91. I will not give Hagrid Pokmon cards and convince him that they are real animals
92. Likewise, I will not tell First Year Muggle-borns that Pokmon battles are a part of the Care of Magical Creatures curriculum
93. Harry Potter and Ron Weasley are not the magical equivalent of "Batman and Robin".
94. Telling Draco Malfoy to "make like a ferret and bounce" is always a bad idea.
95. I will not play the Darth Vader theme for Professor Snape.
-However, when Lucius Malfoy visits, I may play it.
96. The bludger is not a bowling ball, and Professor Snape is not a bowling pin. I will not attempt to prove otherwise.
97. If I insist on carrying out my plans of producing "Riddle-de-dee: The Voldemort Musical", I will do so under a nom-de-plume.
-I will not attempt to recruit the title character to play himself. Even if he looks good in tap shoes.
98. Transfiguring Draco Malfoy's uniform into a gold thong is inappropriate.
-Especially if he's wearing it.
99. Crabbe and Goyle should not be referred to as "Dumb and Dumber.”
100. Comparing Draco Malfoy to Lex Luthor, or any similar character, is not an appropriate subject for a Muggle Studies essay.
101. I am not allowed to ask Pureblood students things like, "If your parents got divorced, would they still be brother and sister?"
102. I will not tell first years that they should build a tree house in the Whomping Willow
103. I will not ask the House Elves if they work for Santa Clause in the off season
104. Hagrid's skin is not green and I should stop calling him 'The Jolly Green Giant.'
105. Lucius Malfoy's cane is not a 'pimp cane'.
106. I am not to tell Draco that I know all about his affair with Hermione Granger.
-I also cannot sell the story to Rita Skeeter.
-Or owl Lucius, Narcissa, or Bellatrix with the imaginary details
107. A ferret is not a proper Christmas gift for Draco Malfoy.
-Asking Mad-Eye Moody to turn Malfoy back into a ferret so I could keep him as a pet was not appropriate, either.
108. Giving Draco a bowl of ferret pellets with his dinner was not an act of kindness, nor was it funny.
109. Voldemort is not my homeboy.
110. I will not tell Ron and Hermione to get a room every time they start fighting.
-Nor will I say this to Harry and Snape.
-Or Harry and Draco.
111. Bungee jumping off the astronomy tower is against the rules, even if it isn't written anywhere.
112. Fortune Cookies to not count as extra credit in Divinations Class.
113. I will not charm the play 'Romeo & Juliet' to say 'Draco & Hermione' and put it in the library.
114. When asked a question by Professor Snape I will not ask him to get the answer by legilismency to give me a chance to practice occlumency.
115. Asking Professor Flitwick if there is a charm to remove clothes is wrong on so many levels.
116. I will not ask Professor Trelawny when she last had her Inner Eye tested. I will also not recommend that she get glasses for her Inner Eye.
117. I will not tell Ron that Draco Malfoy took Ginny's virginity just to see his reaction.
118. Mrs. Norris is not a suitable replacement for a pinata
119. I will not dress up as Voldemort and dress my friends up as Death Eaters on April Fools Day, because that is just cruel.
120. I will not tape a sign that says "Available" on the backs of Hermione and Ron.
121. Yes, the Great Hall is extremely large, but Quidditch is an outside sport.
122. I am not able to see the Grim Reaper, nor am I to claim that he is standing by the Headmaster, tapping an hourglass and looking at him impatiently.
123. I will not change the password to the prefect's bathroom to, "Makes getting clean as much fun as getting dirty."
124. Telling Draco Malfoy to 'Make like a ferret and bounce' is always a bad idea
125. I will not try to 'capture' a unicorn in a pokeball.
126. Stripping during breakfast is not a great way to show Gryffindor bravery.
127. Even though they are easier to use and probably more effective, I will not use guns against the Death Eaters.
(I know that there are repeats but re-numbering these would be a HUGE pain.)
Thanks ever so much for reading!
Please read my stories and review!
Unsafe External Link