Author has written 25 stories for Naruto, Bones, House, M.D., CSI: New York, Leverage, NCIS, Harry Potter, Castle, Mentalist, Alice in Wonderland, 2010, Book Thief, Lie to Me, Sherlock, and Doctor Who.
Hey everyone. Nothing too spectacular about me. I live in Wisconsin, and I will be attending Lawrence University as a freshman this fall. I watch way too much tv, I like to draw and paint, and if you want me to do anything for you, chocolate is your best hope.
Here's the important stuff.
Naruto- naruhina, sasusaku, kakarin, shikatema (Kakashi is my favorite. He's ridiculously awsome.)
Bleach- ichiruki, ishiori, uraharaxyoruichi, toshiroxmomo, rangikuxgin,
Death Note- no pairings but i love L.
Code Geass- lelouchxshirley, kallenxogi (i think thats his name...)
Bones- BB!!, Hodgela
House- Huddy!!, Chameron
Grey's Anatomy- merder, izzyxalex, lexixmark, cristinaxowen, kinda addek, i love addison.
CSI:NY- macxstella, dannyxlindsay
Burn Notice: michaelxfiona (gotta love the trigger happy ex girlfriend)
Psych- shawnxjuliet (this show is histerical)
ER- abbyxluca, samxtony, neelaxray, greenexcorday, rossxhathaway, i'm sure i'm forgeting some people; there's so many character's in this show. not sure about Carter, but I love him.
Scrubs- JDxelliot, turkxcarla
In Plain Sight- maryxmarshall (l LOVE Marshall. He would totally be my best friend.)
Leverage- natexsophie, parkerxhardison (Twenty pounds of crazy, haha.)
Mentalist- definitely jisbon. I'll probably get around to writing something for this eventually. I found this sentence in a oneshot by FiveRoses that really got my interest. I think it captures the relationship between Jane and Lisbon perfectly. "So, although at times Jane drove Lisbon up the wall, she always found the view up there very interesting." Isn't that so true?
NCIS- tiva, tate, jibbs, mcabby. Yes, i'm allowed to like both tate and tiva. At first, I liked tate better, but tiva is definitely growing on me. same kinda weird mixture of bickering and fluffiness. damn rule #12!
Castle- beckettxcastle. Yay for writers and their muses!
The Good Wife- dammit! another good show that I'm now addicted to!
Warehouse 13- petexmyka, scifi shows have never really been my thing, but this one's awesome!
Lie to Me- Callian, majorly. And a little LokerxTorres. If you haven't seen this, watch it. So addicting. I'm actually thinking of trying to learn the microexpression thing.
Sherlock- Johnlock, obviously. How can you not love them?
Avengers- Pepperony, BlackHawk/Clintasha (my major obsession at the moment)
Harry Potter- harryxginny, ronxhermione, lupinxtonks, jamesxlily, snapexlily (not quite sure why I like that last one, but I kinda wish Snape got a happy ending)
His Dark Materials- lyraxwill (these books are so depressing but so good)
This little section is for writers who either have no idea what they're doing, or need some friendly fanfiction advice. Or both.
Rules for writers
1. Don't EVER put "first story" or "first time writer" or something to that effect in your summaries. Obviously, if this is your first story, nobody's gonna want to read it. Unless you have a really good summary to go with it, and even then, it's not a guarantee that someone will read it.
2. Don't EVER put "I suck at summaries." or something like that in a summary. Again, if you say that, well, let's think. If you suck at summaries, then you're probably not the greatest writer. I understand that they can be tricky, but they are possible to write, if you just give them some thought. Summaries are, in some ways, more important than the actual story. Your summary sells your story; it has to make the reader want to know more and click that title. Put good effort into them.
3. Unless your story is rated M, don't talk about why you rated it what you did. Nobody cares. Unless your mother is looking over your shoulder while you read, it really isn't necessary. If you have a good summary and a good story to go with it, it doesn't matter what the rating is.
4. This one is a choice, but I think that if you say something like "review, or I won't update", it's just really annoying. If you're writing, you're writing because you want to, not for reviews. Yes, reviews are nice, but they are there to give you feedback, not just attention.
5. Always, always, always read over your summaries and chapters before you publish them. Spell check and grammar check are a writer's best friend; use them. Read over what you've written and fix any additional mistakes. I don't know about you guys, but if I see a summary that has bad grammar or spelling, I'll skip over it without another glance. Spelling and grammar might be a pain in the butt, but it's important. Use it to your advantage.
6. I can't say I've seen this mistake too much, but if you have pairings, put them in your summary. It's best to put them at the end, so even if the pairing is one a person doesn't like, they still might read your story because your summary was interesting. Not an occurance that happens often, but every now and then, you'll get hooked on a story that you thought you'd hate.
7. Have an original title. There's been many times where I've clicked on a story simply because the title sounded good. (Example: "Duck Tape is Like the Force" LOL.)
8. Ask questions or put a short AN at the end of your chapters. If you ask people something about the story, they are more likely to review with their answer. It's good to engage and talk to your readers; you actually might make a friend.
9. Don't ramble on too much in author's notes. I am guilty of this all to often. People want to read your story, so let them read it. If you do have something to say, try to put it at the end. If you put it in the beginning, it probably won't get read because the reader wants to read the story.
10. Don't force yourself to write because your readers want the next chapter. Writing should be something you like to do, having other people read what you've written is just a bonus. If you're stuck, take a break; do something to take your mind off of it and come back later. It doesn't do much good to stare at a computer screen blankly for half an hour.
So, if you're a new visitor to my profile, kindly take a look at what I've written. Feedback is appreciated, but not necessary. I hate people who are like "review or I won't keep writing!" Obnoxious. If you are a current reader, check to see if the story is updated. (Not likely, I don't have much time these days.) If it is updated, have at it. If not, wait patiently until it is. Know that I do not abandon my stories.
Thanks for Listening.
August 26, 2012: Just starting writing Chapter 10 for Worlds Collide! I'm thinking about a multi-chap Avengers story, possibly a crossover, since those seem to be the only ones I can write for extended periods of time. :P If anyone actually reads this, let me know if you think it's a good idea. Thanks!
SEQUEL TO WORLDS APART: WORLDS COLLIDE (aka WC)
I'm so appreciative of all the great feedback for the epilogue of Worlds Apart and the encouragement to keep going--so here's the info!
The story will be set over a decade after Kakashi and Rin left Hogwarts. Kakashi and the new team 7 (Sasuke included) will be journeying back to the wizarding world, though not to Hogwarts. The circumstances for this mission I have yet to completely figure out, but the basic point is that evidence of the magical world will pop up in the shinobi one, leading to investigation into the matter by the only one who's had extended experience with wizards: Kakashi. Obviously, Kakashi and team 7 will be meeting with the now-grown-up wizards that he went to Hogwarts with, again circumstances to be determined. And Rin isn't gone from the story either--you'll see.
So when will all this be happening? Well, for the moment I have AP exams to worry about, and after that weight has been lifted, I'm going to start writing... a lot. I have already convinced myself to write something every day, even if it's only a paragraph, to keep my motivation going. That said, I expect the first chapter to be out sometime from the middle to the end of May. But again, you guys know how well my predictions go for when I get things done, haha. But it will come! So... I think that's all the pertinent information.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Suggestions? Ideas? PM me! And keep checking back here for new info!
December 20: Hello! It's been quite a while since I've written one of these little updates, and I'm pretty sure no one reads them, but eh, I need to sort some things out in my brain. Here goes. So the next WC chapter is coming along; I'm hoping to get it out before the end of the year, but you know how good I am at sticking to deadlines. :) There are quite a few plot gaps right now that I'm trying to work out, so long story short (haha, that's ironic), I'm doing a lot of fussing over this chapter. But you will meet some more HP world characters, I promise! I've had some ideas running around in my head for Bleach as well in the last few weeks; would anyone read a Bleach story? Not like I have the time to write it, but I'm curious. If you are still reading this, I commend you. Happy Holidays!
Unsafe External Link