Poll: Anyone who reads my stories- what story do you want to see most from me next, in terms of writing, rewriting, publishing or updating? Vote Now!
Author has written 15 stories for Ouran High School Host Club, Bones, Twilight, House, M.D., Bleach, Harry Potter, Inception, Star Trek: 2009, and Pitch Black / Riddick.
Hello, this is Song. I guess this is where I tell you about me, then.
Name: Well, wouldn't you like to know? *Mischievous grin* For the sake of this site, I'll go by Song.
Age: Legally an adult, and let's all just leave it at that.
Favorite TV shows: Firefly, Castle, Supernatural, Merlin, White Collar, Stargate Atlantis
Favorite Books: Good Omens, Harry Potter, Poison Study... and many more, but I'm terribly lazy, and I don't feel like scanning my bookshelves at the moment
Favorite Anime/Mangas: Bleach, Alice 19th, Fullmetal Alchemist, Deathnote
I am a slash addict, my dears. I will, typically, write males paired with males, or females paired with females. I am aware that some people view slash as either unpleasant or wrong, and I'm not out to have pointless arguments with them--so long as I don't get flames from people with these views, I'm willing to leave well enough alone. Just please don't complain to me about the slash present in my stories when I always forewarn about it. If you don't, I will, mostly, play nice. :)
I've decided to use this space to list my upcoming chapters/stories. Before I start, though, I'd like to mention some people who get special thanks.
Special Thanks go to
Rissa, my best friend, beta, and plotting partner; because you are as emotionally invested in my characters and stories as I am, and because most of this writing would be nonexistent without your dedicated help.
And, as ever, to my readers. To everyone who has ever reviewed a story of mine. I've been on this site for several years now, and my writing has improved greatly during that time--I would be lying to say that the encouragement of various people on this site didn't help in motivating me to improve. Just keep on reading and reviewing, and I'll keep doing the best I can. I love you all in a completely non-creepy sort of way. :D
As of 4/30: After a long period of truly stupid writer's block and distraction, I am actually now writing the next chapter of Lares. It isn't finished yet, but it's getting there. Long pauses between updates simply mean my life is a little too busy for me to write, and not that I intend to abandon the story. Just to clear that up. :)
On to the part of this bio relevant to my writing.
Ouran Host Club:
1) Pulse This story is abandoned. I'm leaving it up on my profile because it got a positive response, and I hate deleting things that people have read and enjoyed. If anyone would like to adopt this story, please PM me so we can work out the details. I'll be happy to inform you of the direction I meant to take this story in, and even to help beta read your version. The pairings of this story were partial Tamaki/Haruhi, and were to grow into Kyouya/Haruhi.
2) Coming Home This story is, at least in its present form, abandoned. I've rewritten it somewhat--or, at least, written the first chapter of the rewritten version. However, the rewritten version wound up significantly more adult and a fair bit darker, as opposed to the light-hearted, childish tone of the original version. That said, I'm not sure I should post it online. If I receive enough requests to do so, I will. On the off chance that this story does wind up online, the main pairing will be, as in the original, Kaoru/Haruhi.
1) When It Matters Booth had always been there before, no matter what. He was there when the danger was slight--even when there was no danger, actually. But after an unpleasant blast from a past Temperance would rather forget and a case that seems unsolvable, that all changes. Can Booth find her now, when it really matters? Booth X Brennan, Angela X Jack, maybe even Zach X OC. ABANDONED, due to Zach's absence on the show, my own growing disinterest in the show in general, and the far-too supernatural vibe to this story that I never meant to include. As with my story Pulse, adoption is an option--PM me if you're interested.
2) Define Love Temperance had never really put any value on love. To her it was all chemical, all physical. However, that opinion might change when Booth challenges her to define love. One shot, BB, complete.
To all my readers: My story, Dicentra formosa, is currently being rewritten. The newer version is under my profile as 'Sanguine.' I know some people really loved the original--believe me, I did too--but some aspects of the story made it impossible for me to go on with it as it was. If any reader is interested in adopting this story from its original version, and creating their own storyline to continue on separate from the direction I'm taking with Sanguine, PM me with the details and I'll decide whether to approve it or not. :)
1) Sanguine In which Hogwarts restarts a long-abandoned Apprenticeship program, Harry rejoins the Wizarding World after two years of absence, Hermione attempts to puzzle out her best friend and her new coursework, and Severus Snape refuses to allow that Potter brat to remain an enigma. (Or, alternatively: In which Harry doesn't do a good job of keeping secrets, interspecies politics remain as complex as ever, Snape suffers through educating yet more recalcitrant children, plotting occurs, and Hermione gets a sex life.) Basically, Dicentra formosa with a new background and spin. The Born are still very much present, the conflict between Harry and Snape will be much the same (minus the implausible blackmail aspect, and the tedious question game), and the setting will still largely be at Hogwarts. This version, however, includes an older Harry with more reasonable characterization, an exploration of new kinds of magic, and more of the very same snark all my readers seemed so fond of. :D Stick with me here, my loves, and please enjoy. SSHP slash, original characters present, updates to come as inspiration does.
2) Serpentes Eight years after the final battle, life has largely moved on from the war with Voldemort. Severus Snape, former Hogwarts professor, has settled into a life of inventing potions, avoiding Prophet reporters looking for an interview with a famous war hero, and ignoring middle-aged admirers. Harry Potter, meanwhile, has found a rather peculiar niche at the Ministry as an Auror Elite, his job consisting of equal parts homicide investigation and the training of new Aurors, as well as a few other interesting quirks. Neither expects to ever see the other again, and both are quite happy for that small fact. Then a poisoning at a well reputed Potions convention drags both Harry and Severus into a murder investigation the likes of which they've never seen before, in which Harry and Severus themselves could very well become the next targets. Now, if they could only stop arguing and get some actual investigation done... SSHP slash, OC's very highly included, updates likely to be irregular.
1) Lares Harry Potter/Pitch Black crossover. On the Hunter-Gratzner, only two souls fought the pull of sleep entirely. One was the restrained murderer named Riddick--the other was a soul who was never meant to be woken. In the dark of space, both killer and savior waited for escape. HP/Riddick slash, updates eclectically.
2) As-yet-untitled 1984/Harry Potter crossover. Harry, living under the watchful eye of Tom Riddle's Party, has never had much. The only things he cherishes in his world are dreams of another life, dreams of Hogwarts and Voldemort and his two best friends and mentor. In the real world, he has never spoken much to Hermione Granger and her husband, who live down the hall; Albus Dumbledore is an enemy of Tom Riddle, the original betrayer of the Party, and a man Harry has never met; and the dreams Harry so cherishes are little more than Thoughtcrime, the crime which encompasses all others and carries a sentence of death along with it. In a world where individualism is fatal and free thought a sin, Harry finds himself falling in love with one Comrade Severus Snape. SSHP slash, chapters usually quite short with about thirty or so written at the moment. Harry's characterization is deliberately slightly different from that of the books, for reasons explored within the story--Snape is mostly the man we all know and love.
About my favorites list: I realized recently that, while my cherished story alerts page was full of stories I had read and loved, I never bothered to make them available to the general public. So, if you have stopped by, check my favorites out--these are all the stories I've ever stayed up ridiculously late to finish reading, or squealed over new chapters of, or just generally had my day brightened by the quality of. They're fantastic. If you've the time, give them a read; I promise they won't disappoint.
About my favorite authors: I vouch for these authors. I'm of the belief that anything they write is worth spending the time to read. Each and every author on my favorites page had made me laugh, or cry, or feel awed in some way. Yeah--they're good.
So have a nice day, everybody, and a thousand thanks to anyone who reviewed for one of my stories. Enjoy!