Author has written 10 stories for Harry Potter.
Pinky Brown - Shortlisted for Best Author at the 2008 R/Hr Awards on Livejournal.
Six Foot Of Ginger Idiot - Winner of "Best Humour Fic" at the 2008 Reviewers' Choice Awards by FFnet forum The Reviews Lounge & nominated as "Best Classic Missing Moment Fic" in the 2010-11 R/Hr awards on Livejournal.
Faultlines - Winner of "Best Angst Fic" and Shortlisted in "Best Multi-Chapter Fic", "Best Tearjerker Fic, "Best Depiction of Hermione"and "Best Overall Fic" categories at the 2008 R/Hr Awards on Livejournal.
Biscuits: A Love Story - Winner of "Best Depiction of Ron" and Runner-Up of "Best Multi-Chapter Fic" categories at the 2009 R/Hr Awards on Livejournal. Winner of "Judges' Pick" in the "Best Romance Story" category at the 2010 Sweet Quill awards. Shortlisted for "Best Het Romance Fic" at The Unknowable Room's Hourglass Awards 2009.
Magic Knickers - Runner-Up in both the "Best One-Shot" and "Best AU Fic" categories at the 2009 Ron/Hermione Awards on Livejournal.
He's Leaving Home - Runner-Up in "Best Depiction of Ron" category at the 2010-2011 Ron/Hr Awards on Livejournal.
About my stories:
I write Ronfics, not fanfics. If it was up to me the whole series would have been called Ron Weasley And The Oh Who Cares About The Bloody Plot Anyway. However, don't go expecting those kinds of stories where Ron has miraculously got really toned and gorgeous, can practically give a witch an orgasm with one flash of his devastating cobalt/ sky/ midnight blue eyes, and is utterly, utterly out of character. My stories are about real people - well, as real as they can be considering they're fictional - with real flaws and doubts, living real lives. That's why I fell in love with the books in the first place, because the characters were so real. My Ron (oh, if only...) isn't perfect, not by a long way, but that's why I (and Hermione, and oh, probably you too) love him so much, right?
I currently have nine Ronfics on the site:
1. My magnum opus is Six Foot Of Ginger Idiot, which is Ron's diary throughout the whole of Half Blood Prince (yes, all of it!), took me eighteen months to write, and is one of the things I'm most proud of in the world. If you are a Ron fan (and if you're not, I suggest you leave now), I promise you will love it. SFOGI was Winner of Best Humour Fic in the 2008 Reviewers' Choice Awards as voted for by members of Ffnet forum The Reviews Lounge.
2.The For & Against List, a one chapter fic about Hermione's feelings for Ron at the start of sixth year, which you can read as a companion piece to the above. Hermione tries to talk herself out of her feelings for a particular idiot boy the only way she knows how - in essay form! Basically, everything we know and love about Ron Weasley in one handy list.
3. Faultlines, which is written from Hermione's p.o.v and set 10 years after the events of SFOGI. Breaking up is hard to do, but Ron and Hermione are about to learn that trying to put the pieces back together is even harder. This story was nominated in 5 categories at the 2008 Ron/ Hermione Awards (and winner in one!)
4. Biscuits: A Love Story. The story of Ron & Hermione's complicated romance, with added biscuits. Not remotely fluffy, despite the title. This story finishes at Chapter 19 - and I'm afraid that's as far as it's going to go. Winner of "Best Depiction of Ron" at the 2009-10 Ron/Hermione Awards on Livejournal.
5. After Her, the story of what happened to Ron in the first three months after Hermione left him, and a sequel/ prequel of sorts to Faultlines. You don't have to have read that first, but it might help to understand some of the back story. I warn you now, it won't be pretty, and there isn't going to be a happy ending. (Currently 'on indefinite hold' while I concentrate on Biscuits, but not abandoned, don't worry)
6. Magic Knickers. Ron Weasley, the night before Valentine’s day, in a lingerie department. What more do you need?
7. He's Leaving Home. Eleven year old Ron is off to Hogwarts in a week and he's excited and terrified in equal measures. It doesn't help that every single member of his family keeps offering him advice, and that his sister keeps stealing his shoes.
8. Pub Crawl. Ron & Seamus on a St Patrick's Day pub crawl. Mayhem ensues.
9. Kiss Me, I'm Irish. This story follows immediately on from the events of Pub Crawl and my first fic to focus on someone other than Ron. In the aftermath of the war, Seamus and Lavender find that a friend makes all the difference, especially when they come with benefits.
Do read them all, because they all work together, and each has references to conversations and incidents that appear in the other fics too. Because of this, and because I wrote SFOGI before Book 7 came out, all my stories disregard the events of Deathly Hallows, especially that godawful epilogue. If I could Obliviate myself and forget I'd ever read it, I would.
Pinky Brown, 2012
A Note To My Readers:
If you have just finished reading one of my stories and were interested enough to come and look at my Profile, but didn't leave a review, please, take an extra couple of minutes and do it now. It takes almost no time, it's free (and what else is, these days?), and it's always very greatly appreciated.
Remember, a hit without a review says to the Author, "I hated your story and immediately pressed the back button!" So if you liked it, say so!
Cheers! - Pb x
Unsafe External Link