Author has written 85 stories for Harry Potter, iCarly, Victorious, Hunger Games, New Girl, Merlin, Supernatural, Girl Meets World, Doctor Who, Carry On, Sherlock, Star Wars, Thor, and Torchwood.
REQUESTS? ALIXX DOES REQUESTS?
Yep. I am willing to write for a variety of fandoms - whether or not I am a part of them. I have a Tumblr blog called ficsforfangirls, and there's a page dedicated to what I feel comfortable writing and what I would never write. It has my fandoms listed and all kind of great things that would be helpful in making requests, but you can always just make the request and see what comes of it.
I love the challenge of writing something new or specific that wouldn't have come to me naturally. I do ask, however, that when making a request - be as specific as possible. I semi-recently did a request where the requester that contradicted him/her/zirself the entire time I was piecing the request together. It was not fun. Don't make a request experience unfun.
Be specific. Be kind.
I am going to start the (very) slow and arduous task of re-writing and updating my old pieces. I have not yet decided if I will simply replace the old content with the updated versions, or if I will remove the old content and post the brand new versions of those stories. For me, as an aspiring author, I need to take the stories I have on here more seriously. This means going back and editing more thoroughly than I was able (or willing) to do in the past. This also means changing stories that have problematic themes and messages. We are not perfect and I've done a lot of growing since I joined FF.net in 2007! That's ten years I've been doing this online - and I wasn't always enlightened. So this process is going to take an undetermined amount of time but I feel that in order to keep growing I need to go back and face the "demons of writer's past" and make my old work fresh with my new skills and new awareness of the world around me.
If you are reading this profile - you are pretty cool. Thanks for caring enough about my work to check for some sort of update here. Rock on, my dude.
The Houses Competition
(Year One) - I participated as a student for Rounds 1, 3, and 4, and as Prefect for Round 2 & Bonus Rounds 1 and 2. While I did not return to write as a stand-in for this year, I did remain in contact with the Head of House and Prefect that took over the team. I continued to offer BETA reading to Ravenclaws who wanted/need the extra eyes.
Ravenclaw House placed second overall.
Judges are allowed to name their personal favorite story from the batch of stories they judged. I earned the first Judge's Pick story for Ravenclaw House during my participation in this year.
(Year Two) - I participated initially as a stand-in Pre-Hogwarts player. While I did not actually join the team until Round 3, I did BETA read for Rounds 1 & 2. As a Pre-Hogwarts student for Ravenclaw I wrote for different year positions as needed. Before taking the position of Year 3 on permanently in Round 5, I wrote for various years to ensure maximum submissions. As a member of Ravenclaw, there were also opportunities to write for Bonus Rounds and to fill in for players that were not around. By the end of the second year's season I wrote for Years 2, 3, 6 (twice). I also participated in 2 out of 3 bonus round opportunities.
Ravenclaw House placed first and took the House Cup this year.
Judges were allowed to name their favorite story just as in Year One, though in a slightly different manner. During my participation this season I earned a total of three Judge's Picks for my submissions. A fun fact, too, is that 2 of the 3 stories that I got Judge's Picks for - two of them were written as stand-in submissions for players that could not write at the last minute.
(Year Three) - I am slated to participate in the Houses Competition from a different angle this year - as a judge. It is my hope to be the sort of judge that provides helpful feedback that encourages and guides writers to grow into the brilliant authors I know they are capable of being. While there won't be much to share in my experience as a judge, I hope to note how many stories I judged and (if allowed) how many points I awarded throughout the entirety of my participation in the competition this year.
WORKS IN PROGRESS... ... ... ... ...
- Holidays with Merthur: This is a collection of one-shots that will remain ongoing until such a time passes that I wish to no longer write it. Each chapter stands alone completely and can be read that way. There is no timeline at all, no relation between chapters (save for one exception). Updates come around holidays, so be watching (or following).
- I Love You: This is a collection of one-shots that will (also) remain ongoing until such a time passes that I wish to no longer write it. Each chapter stands alone completely and can be read that way. There is no timeline at all, no relation between chapters. Updates come when inspiration hits. I started this multi-chapter piece while writing for the Houses Competition, but if I see a prompt while judging in Year Three that would really work for the concept of this story, I will add chapters. Just be watching (or following) for the content that will come.
- Just A Girl & Her Dress: This story can be read in and order without compromising the integrity of the message I'm trying to send as an author, but the story also can be read from the first chapter forward as usual just the same. Updates for this story do not have any official schedule. While this will not continue indefinitely, with there only being plans for 2-3 more chapters, I do need inspiration to strike perfectly for what I'm trying to accomplish.
FANFICTION PLANS? MAYBE?
This is a list of stories that could be expanded upon that are already posted, stories that I might bring to FFNet, or just some fandoms I'd like to expand into more in the future.
- Questions from Cardiff (Harry Potter x Torchwood). When I original wrote this over a year ago, I left it open to the possibility of more chapters if there was interest and inspiration. This focuses the characters Hermione Granger, Draco Malfoy, and Captain Jack Harkness. Feel free to read it if crossovers are your cup of tea and let me know if it would be worth continuing.
- The Untold Story of Dudley Dursley and His Daughter, Jillian. This is another story I left open, thinking there might be more chapters - again, if inspiration or interest existed. This is more emotional, more focusing on Dudley Dursley and his relationship with his daughter, and less about the Harry Potter characters we usually read. Give it ia read if that's something you might be excited to see more of and let me know if you'd like to see new chapters.
- Girl Gets Her Wish. This is a story I have marked as discontinued and incomplete permanently. I haven't worked on it for three years, even though it has the second most reviews of any story I've ever written. I stopped writing it because I stopped writing the story the way I wanted it and worried more about "selling" my work. I firmly believe that when you stop writing for yourself first then you compromise the quality of your work. That said, I would love to *someday* finish it.
- The Flash as a fandom I write. I've been watching The Flash and I'm super into it, but I haven't watched the entirety of the show. I came in late season two when my husband started watching, but then he watched most of season three without me. So I haven't seen it all but I love every single thing I've seen so far. These characters are fabulous and I want to write this fandom so much, partly because of how much I love the canon already - and I don't have many fandoms where I love the canon universe as is without any/with few changes. I'd like to write one or two decent pieces for this fandom by the end of the year.
- A Stranger & His Box. This is a crossover I started a couple of years back but never finished, but is something I've been wanting to revisit and finish. This piece is actually on Archive of Our Own exclusively right now but I've considered bringing it over here as well. I like have exclusivity where some stories are only here and other stories are only there, to encourage people to be looking for my work in both places, but some stories I like to see in both spots.
- SONG FICS! SONG FICS! SONG FICS! Some of my favorite pieces are the ones that I've written with a song. I would like more of my stories to go in that direction because music is so important to me as a person and a massive inspiration in everything I write already. It would be nice have a specific style moving forward since I want to continue keeping my time balanced towards original writing primarily.
Fun Facts For LaughsRainy days are my favorite and I feel my most creative when it is storming outside and I'm sitting by an open window listening to the sounds of nature. Orange chicken and fried rice is one of my go-to comfort meals. I've had a short story published in a small, niche literary magazine. One of my poems was published to the same company's blog. I've also completed three ghostwriting projects, with pay, for a well-known romance publisher. I have three cats named. They are named after a Pokemon, someone from Adventure Time, and a character from Tokyo Ghoul. We're nerds. I'm not actually a Ravenclaw, even though I wrote as a player for this house. I was originally sorted in Gryffindor when Pottermore came out, which never felt right. When the test was updated and I took the test again, I was sorted into Slytherin! I have house pride for all four houses, but Slytherin is definitely my home - and I aim to make people question their prejudiced ideas of what it means to be a Slytherin.