Poll: Why are you most likely to review? Please choose the 5 responses that MOST reflect your attitude to reviewing! Vote Now!
Author has written 8 stories for Harry Potter.
As of January 2010, the Reviews Lounge forum is closed, and the archive is no longer going to be accepting stories. On behalf of the entire mod team, we'd like to thank everyone for reading (and hopefully reviewing) the stories we've published in the last three years, and for participating in our forum if you did so. We will be keeping this profile and the stories it has published as is - as a tribute of sorts to everything we've achieved. Also - even though our forum is no more, we'd also like to continue to encourage reading and reviewing fanfiction - it's still a honourable and noble cause.
We'd also like to take the oppurtunity to introduce the new generation of the Reviews Lounge, which is now multi-fandom. You can find it here.
The Reviews Lounge is a community of authors who believe, first and foremost, that reviews are an essential part of reading a story. This is a place to publish our collaborative efforts.
The Reviews Lounge C2 is home to a variety of Harry Potter stories that we classify as under-reviewed: that is, stories that are either one-shots with less than 20 reviews; or chapter stories with less than an average of 15 reviews per chapter. The archive is constantly changing, as stories “graduate” and move on to their sister C2, The Reviews Lounge Recommends....
We also excessively proud to have one of the fastest growing forums in ff.net. The Reviews Lounge Forum is a place where the members of our community meet up to discuss how to best continue the Review Revolution and Harry Potter in general, although it often descends into utter randomness, with our more recent escapades including a debate on whether or not Bellatrix Lestrange is a cannibal and much naming of legs.
• Lexie - Founder, former administrator and the one and only Head Cheese
• Cuba - Queen Ice Cubes, Ruler of the RL. General Organiser-extraordinaire and developer and manager of our profile and email
• Sadie - Our resident conspiracy theorist
• Charli - The heart and soul of the Reviews Lounge
• SCV - YouTube Queen and Monologue Writer Extraordinaire. Is also known to be possessed by TML sometimes.
• Turtle - Resident Grammar Fairy
• Wordy - Disney Connoisseur and the Forum One-Man Pep Rally
• Cassandra - Staff for the archive, with a killer eye for awesome stories!
• CaramelBoost - The administrator of our Fictionpress sister.
• We turned one year old on April 21st. In our first year as a forum and as a group of friends, we've graduated over 200 stories from our archive, posted five highly popular collaborations, and become the #1 Harry Potter forum. All while having a lot of fun, and discussing what we love best: writing and Harry Potter.
• Last October, we also ran a successful Reviewer Choice Awards, the winners of which can be found under our favourite stories. Members of our forum chose nominees from our main Reviews Lounge community as well as the Recommendations archive, in the following categories: Best Canon Story, Best Romance Story, Best Drama/Tragedy/Angst Story, Best Oneshot, Best Extended Story, Best Character Sketch, The Golden Laugh, Most Original Story, Most Alternative Concept and Best Written. All of our winners were well deserving, and we highly recommend checking out any of their stories.
• We would like to take the opportunity to introduce Fictionpress' very own version of the Reviews Lounge, to be found at The Reviews Lounge. This forum is relatively new and still growing, but with your help it will grow and develop, just as the original has! This forum has been founded and run by CaramelBoost
• On August 31st, Lexie announced her retirement from her account, and passed the reigns over to Cuba. To make things easier for Cuba, the New Reviews Lounge was created and the original one was renamed The Old Reviews Lounge, and locked up, and as it says on the forum description, the forum now stands as a monument to the Reviews Lounge's history.
As a group of avid writers, we're always looking for an excuse to pen (well, type), another story. This has led to several successful collaborations, featuring stories by members of our forum. A full explanation can be found in the first chapter of each story, or in the appropriate threads on our forum. If you're interested in participating, feel free to pop in and sign up. We're currently accepting late submissions for our Valentines and Easter Project (although signups are closed), as well as submissions for our latest story, The Magic of Birthdays. If you read any of these stories, we'd love it if you leave a review, too - all of your comments are forwarded to the authors concerned.
Now, a (rather silly) oath that we as a collective community stand by:
We, the Reviews Lounge, solemnly swear that we would rather eat a pile of toasted, smelly socks owned by the hobo around the corner than go our lives without a series based on The Marauders. Therefore, we, the Reviews Lounge, declare that if JKR ever wanted to write the series, we would back her up with all our will.
Copy and paste this into your profile if you want JK Rowling to write about the Marauders.
We, the Reviews Lounge, do solemnly swear to review all the stories we read,
That's right: in the spirit of Uncle Sam, we want YOU to join!
Check out the
to find out more!
Thanks for your time! - the Team