Poll: If I were to write a oneshot/chapter fic... Which couple? Vote Now!
Author has written 21 stories for Warriors, Harry Potter, Total Drama series, and Twilight.
Welcome to My Profile!
I’m Grassy Leaves! But feel free to call me Grassy. Everyone else does.
Hey! I’m Grassy. Obviously, that’s not my real name, because what parent would name their child Grassy?
Firstly, a little bit about me.
Now most people would go on for a while about their likes and dislikes, but I’m trying to keep this short and sweet. I won’t go into my dislikes, because no one wants to hear about that, so here are my likes. I enjoy writing, reading, hanging out with friends, playing my guitar, singing, musicals, swimming and window shopping. I’m old enough to be on this site, and if I wasn’t, I wouldn’t flash it around like some of the newbies do.
I’ve been on this site for about two years, right? Yes, I was a n00b. Yes, I still have my n00bie fics up. Wanna know why? Because I decided that I want to be reminded every time I look at my profile of how far I’ve come. I started writing when I was really little, short stories and such, but I didn’t complete my first chapter story until I was 11. The first story I posted on this site was The Adventures of Applekit 1, 2 and 3. These have 0-2 reviews each, and they’re pretty much what keeps me writing when I’ve got writer’s block. I’m just thankful that I get more reviews than I used to. -.-
I beta. Editing sort of runs in my family, so I’m a little bit of a perfectionist. I’ll sit around for 15 minutes trying to get a sentence to sound right, even if it’s not mine. I procrastinate a lot, but I do finish the chapters within a week of people sending it to me. Currently, I am beta-ing for Fawny, (moonglow.x), and in the past I have beta-d for Blues (blueskiesahead) and Shroomy (MushroomT). I really enjoy beta-ing, almost as much as writing, so don’t hesitate to PM me and ask if I can beta! Unfortunately, I usually can’t take on new stories during the school year because my teachers are crazy about homework, but I’ll try as hard as I can.
EDIT: I'm busy with schoolwork slash I'm not around at all this summer, so no beta-ing PMS please!
I pretty much redo my profile every couple of months, so don’t freak if you come back to my profile and it’s completely different.
I’m the kind of person who likes to actually be able to read what I’m reading. Yes, I care about grammar and spelling, and if you don’t, then you should get off this site, because no one will want to read your stories if they’re not grammatically correct. Spelling, I can deal with. :)
I took a break from writing for a couple months, but now I’m back! I’ve been writing in my little journal of plot ideas, and planning out little chapters, and starting stories… So look for more oneshots and stories in the future!
I’m usually tired, because I never get enough sleep. I’m usually happy, because I’m an optimist. I’m usually stressed, because I get too much work. But I still find time to write, even if that means I don’t do my absolute-perfectionist-best on my homework. Well, I guess I’m a mix between a perfectionist and a slacker. I procrastinate, and then when I actually start, I’m a perfectionist. . I’m working on it though, I’ve been better lately.
I watch a ton of TV shows, but I don’t write for them, because I think TV should be left to TV. (One of my few exceptions is Avatar: The Last Airbender) And since this is a fanfiction site, I really don’t think anyone cares what TV shows I watch.
I write for the fandoms: Warriors, Harry Potter, Avatar, TDI and Gallagher Girls.
I read for the fandoms: Warriors, Harry Potter, Avatar, TDI and Gallagher Girls.
I beta for: Pretty much anything, unless it’s something fantasy that I don’t really understand, because then I wouldn’t be of much help.
My Stories- From N00b, to the Present
These are my thoughts on all my stories that I’ve written so far. As of right now, I haven’t deleted a fic yet, but I’m considering that rule changing very soon.
1. The Applekit Series (1,2,3): I wrote this about two years ago when I first joined the site, which was introduced to me by my good friend, whose penname I have lost along the years. I’ll go and find it some other time. Applekit’s Adventures are the typical adventures of a n00b author (though I like to think it has more plot than some of the fics on this site), and I keep it up to remind me how horrible and n00b-ish I used to be. I lost interest in the series partway through the third, and never finished it.
2. What if Warrior Cats played baseball?: The second one of my n00bie fics, it’s written in script-form, yet another reason I shudder when I think how bad I used to be. Like the title says, what if they played baseball? Of course they can’t. They’re cats. What was I thinking?
3. Why Won’t Squirrelflight Tell Me?: Brambleclaw’s very short journal entries of when Squirrelflight is pregnant. They’re short, and sweet, and I laugh when I see the review count, because they’re such short chapters but people love them anyway. xD One of my better fics from my n00by days.
4. Battle of the Clans: Very vague oneshot that came to me while playing soccer. It was better in my head. Not good at all.
5. The Mossy Rock: As one of my reviewers said, “You’re a cat! Meow!” This is me as a cat (yet another sign of a Mary-Sue), in a made-up clan, where I find… a computer. Originally, I was going to have my Applekit story characters come to life, but alas, I lost my plot bunny and I stopped writing it.
6. The Nine Have Come: My breakthrough story, that started when I was a n00b, but ended when I realized how horrible I used to be. It was the third chapter story that I finished, and I am extremely proud of how it came out, and how not-sue-ish the characters are. Again, I’m happy with how it came out, and I’m never going to take it down. :)
7. Talking Things Out: My first Harry Potter fic that I posted. A oneshot about Lily and James, and how they became friends after they’re hostile meetings. I know that they became friends during their fifth year, and didn’t date until 7th, but I didn’t know that when I wrote it! I’m not that proud of it, but it’s okay.
8. Into The Wild: The Movie: A lot of people expect a script, but I learned from my more n00by days. This is the actual story of Into The Wild: The Movie, and how the cats audition for roles and such. Follows Sunpaw and his rise to fame for playing Firepaw in the first installment of the movies. I’m a couple chapters in, but I lost interest. I may pick it back up someday in the future.
9. Clouded Skies: A story of a Hero: After reading about the Ancients in Outcast, I came up with this little fic, and it isn’t far from what Long Shadows had to say about them! Go me, and my pwnsome future skillz. It’s okay, a little choppy in the flashbacks, but at least I had the lines this time!
10. Muggle Studies Mayhem: A super long oneshot that’s set during James and Lily’s 6th year. They get a project, and Lily and the other Marauders decide to play a trick on James. It’s a little confusing, and could have been written better, but I did enjoy writing all 17 pages of it. I may go back and edit it so it’s a little less confusing. I forgot the paragraph rulers here, which adds to the confusion.
11. A Sun’s Flame: Has anyone ever written about Firestar’s parents? I originally wrote this as a trailer in my plot bunny journal, but I decided to write it out, just vaguely. It’s a oneshot, and it’s confusing because all my rulers disappeared because FF deleted them. I’m a little fond of it, and I think it’s pretty original.
12. Heartbroken: My plot bunny for a while was set on this story. ApplexBirchxWhitexSpiderxDaisy… Commence huge love triangle! I wanted to write out the story of Applenose’s love with Birchfall, how he realizes forbidden loves don’t work, falling in love with Whitepaw, who’s in love with Spiderpaw who loves her back, but gets Daisy pregnant by accident while he was on catnip, and decides to stay with her for the kits. Heartbroken, Whitepaw falls for her other best friend, Birchpaw and they have two kits. Dovekit and Ivykit (stupid Erin Hunter, naming her kits. Grrr…) I meant to write this, and maybe I will. I hope I do.
13. My Hard Decision: Drabbles are actually supposed to be 100-200 words, so here are two drabbles, one of them about Leafpool’s decision to go back to the clans, the other a BrightxCloud for Fwirleh’s birthday.
14. Warriors News Network: The WNN tells all about the latest fandom problems, and what’s been going on lately. I believe I wrote it right after The Sight came out? I haven’t done another chapter, but I may soon.
15. I Want You: Duncan uses a pick up line on Courtney. She responds. “You so want me.” Courtney rolled her eyes and looked away. She could almost feel Duncan’s dominant expression on his face. She turned back to him and replied, “You’re right, I do. I want you Duncan.” Not what you think at all… ;) Go girlpower! Gotta love DuncanxCourtney. I love this little drabble, and I plan on keeping it forevah.
16. I’ll Wait For You: A oneshot on how Whitewing feels when Ashfur’s in luv with Squirrelflight. AshxWhite is a couple here, though I usually don’t ship it. I started shipping it when DaisyxSpider became cannon. My second choice for Whitewing was Ashfur, but then he went loco… Ah well. I like this oneshot, it’s not dark, but it has a lot of emotion.
17. StarClan’s Newest Prophecy: Humorfic. I’ve been doing a lot of those lately! Jayfeather mocks StarClan’s prophecy, because it was so easy to figure out, but then it really turns out to be something else… Poor Jayfeather. This oneshot was written when I was mad at people (and the Erin’s) for making the prophecies so easy to decipher.
18. Vegetarian Vampire: My only Twilight oneshot. What would happen if an actual vegetarian, became a vegetarian vampire? I wonder what Stephenie Meyer would do. Hm. Makes ‘ya think, huh? That’s why I wrote this. Because it felt too weird to call them ‘vegetarian vampires.’
19. Movie Night: Yet another Humorfic. I was a little weirded out by the badguy in Night At the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian having a lisp. So I had Tigerstar and Hawkfrost, the essence of badguys, discuss it. Yes, it’s random. I love it.
So watching Legend of Korra reminded me that Fanfiction.net existed so I came back to read some hardcore Zutara stuff, and I found out the "home" completely changed and everything's mixed around... I miss writing. There, I said it. Now I'm going to go read all my old stories to see how terrible I used to be.
Unsafe External Link