Author has written 23 stories for Bollywood, Harry Potter, Twilight, Song of the Lioness, Pirates of the Caribbean, Bones, and How I Met Your Mother.
7/26/10 - Hello everybody!! I realized most of what I had on here was completely unnecessary, so I'm doing a bit of cleanup right now. And then, in my one month before Hell Year, I shall finish all my in-progress stories and get back up on that writing horse!! Wish me luck!! :D
8/22/07 - Hi, everyone who bothers to read this!! FINALLY, I got an account on Fanfiction. I love this place, all my obsessions can be found here!! Even Bollywood!! I suppose since I'm supposed to be telling you about myself, I have to list them, but I'll do that later. Right now, I'll tell you more about myself.
I actually have no idea what to say here. I had a whole paragraph describing me (sort of) but it felt rather superficial. You know, favorite color, favorite food, etc. Only, since I made this account years ago, my favorites have changed a lot. So I'm not going to bother listing my favorite color (currently purple, in case you're interested) or favorite food (chicken in all forms) and just skip straight to the heart of the matter. I love writing. And reading. Only problem is, I have gotten terribly busy of late, and just don't have time to do enough of either. Which is why so many of my stories have been on hiatus. But I'm planning to reform!! :)
Oh! And I'm Bangladeshi. And Muslim. I just feel a need to put that out there, just because I don't often come across Bangladeshi people on this site... Well, I'm also Singaporean by passport - I lived ten years in Singapore. Followed by six months in Qatar, and another six months in Maryland. But then I moved to California, and I've been here ever since! Yupyupyup. So anyways, let's get on with the relevant info.
This list is always changing order, so this is just a sort of top few thing...
1) The Harry Potter series, by J. K. Rowling. Yes, okay, I'm a nerd. So sue me. Hey, almost everyone in the world's heard of it, that must mean something!! Fave pairings: Anything canon, honestly. Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione, James/Lily, Draco/Astoria, Scorpius/Rose, etc. No Snape/Lily though. I just can't get over how he was basically evil and nasty all the way up to the end of the seventh book. It's ingrained into me to hate him, no matter how much he loved Harry's mom.
2) The Twilight series, by Stephenie Meyer. Sigh. They're a guilty pleasure by now. I used to love these books, until I watched the first movie. It ruined the book for me. Somehow, they managed to take every single sappy moment in the book and magnify it by a hundred, while simultaneously editing out those little cute moments that gave the story more substance and gave the couple a stronger foundation. So after that, the book was sort of ruined for me. The next couple of movies were better, if only for Taylor Lautner. But neither Rob nor Kristen seem to be acting as well as they could. And I know they can act normally. They just sort of fall apart as Edward and Bella. I watched Eclipse, though, and they got better for that one. About time, I should say. But anyways, back to the book. The series has its moments. It's not all bad. And I rather enjoy it. It's better than most other empty-headed chick lit I've read. Fave pairings: Edward/Bella (just to stay canon, although Edward's rather lost his glow for me), Jacob/Leah (because Renesmee is just too young, I strongly believe she's only ever going to see him as an uncle, it's too incestuous for me), Jasper/Alice (because they're unfailingly cute, even in the movie), Nahuel/Renesmee (just to be rebellious and different.)
3) Tamora Pierce books. They are so good!! Aly is my favorite character right now, she's tricky and different. I like how Trickster's Queen kept looping and turning, it made things interesting. Fave pairings: Nawat/Aly, Dom/Kel, Neal/Yuki, Numair/Daine, George/Alanna, Jonathan/Thayet, Rosto/Beka, Briar/Evvy.
4) Percy Jackson and the Olympians, by Rick Riordan. So funny!! I love the way the world fits in with today's world!! Fave pairings: Percy/Annabeth all the way.
6) The Animorphs series, by K. A. Applegate. Quite good science fiction, even if I don't like the ending. I want Marco and Rachel together!! Tobias just doesn't seem to fit Rachel as well as Marco, but it feels like only a few people agree with me. Sigh... Anyways, fave pairings: Jake/Cassie, Marco/Rachel.
7) The Hunger Games Trilogy, by Suzanne Collins. A relatively new addiction for me, but a very strong one, nevertheless. I think the concept is ingenious, and the writing is really vivid and picturesque. Fave pairings: Gale/Katniss, Peeta/Madge, Finnick/Annie. Because I think Gale is more right for Kat than Peeta - please don't kill me. But I don't want Peeta to die alone, so I think Madge would suit him very well.
8) Artemis Fowl, by Eoin Colfer. Downright hilarious, with an exceedingly brilliant plot line. I also love how the characters develop over time. Fave pairings: Artemis/Holly. Because they complete each other.
9) Gone With the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell. My favorite classic of all time. I don't know what it is about this thousand-page book that makes me want to read it over and over. Just the way Rhett knows Scarlett so well, knows all her faults and pettiness, but still can love her, not in spite of her faults, but because of them, that means a lot to me. I love Rhett's character, it's absolutely brilliant. I do hate the ending of the book, though. I wish Margaret Mitchell had finished the sequel, because we all know they are meant to be together. It just frustrates me that Scarlett at the end of the book is just the same as the Scarlett at the beginning, more or less - alone and sad. Scarlett annoys me at times, especially when she's whining on about Ashley. Fave pairings: Rhett/Scarlett, obviously.
10) The Host, by Stephenie Meyer. It's brilliant. I hate how Stephenie Meyer's main characters are always meek and mild and self-sacrificing, but I love the concept of this book. It's worth reading, even for those who didn't like Twilight. Fave pairings: Ian/Wanda, Jared/Melanie.
11) Meg Cabot books. They're a little fluffier, a little less serious, but that's why I like them. There's always really good chemistry between the characters though. Fave pairings: Jesse/Suze (from The Mediator), Rob/Jess (from 1-800-WHERE-R-U)
Favorite Hollywood Movies:
1) The Sound of Music. It's the movie that basically defines my childhood. I used to watch this every single day. Quite a feat, considering it's four hours long. Fave pairings: Georg/Maria, of course!! :)
2) Pirates of the Caribbean series. I love these movies! They're inventive and creative, and I don't think I've ever watched any other movie like it. It's funny, clever, original, and Keira Knightley rocks. Fave pairings: Jack/Elizabeth. This is one of those rare times I go against canon, but the chemistry between them is just too obvious to give in to Willabeth.
3) The Proposal. One of the cleverest romantic comedies I have ever watched. Fave pairings: Andrew/Margaret
4) Miss Congeniality. Again, clever and heartwarming. Sandra Bullock is one of the best actresses I have seen in a long time.
5) Harry Potter series. The books are better, but the movies are spectacular as well.
6) National Treasure. Ingenious, and completely original. I loved the second movie as well, even though sequels usually don't measure up to the original. But in this case, the interaction between Ben and Abigail was too cute to believe.
Favorite Bollywood Movies:
1) Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. This is another movie that basically defined my childhood. I love the story, although now, when I watch it, I think how improbable most of it is. But if you just let go, and let yourself be innocent and young again, the magic of an eight-year-old girl bringing love back into her father's life just catches you up and sweeps you off your feet. I love the songs, and I love the magic that happens when Shahrukh Khan and Kajol go onscreen together. Fave pairings: Rahul/Anjali, of course!
2) Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham. Again, that SRKajol magic! Another four-hour movie, but still, worth every minute. Some of the best acting I've seen, and some of the best dialogue too. Fave pairings: Rahul/Anjali, Rohan/Pooja.
3) Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge. The ultimate Bollywood romance. I didn't get it when I was younger, but I watched it again afterwards, and I thought it was really cute. There's kind of a jump between the part in Europe and the part in India, it's rather an abrupt transition, but again, the attraction between SRK and Kajol is so strong, it works. Fave pairings: Raj/Simran.
4) Main Hoon Na. Such a cute movie! I loved Amrita Rao in this, and Zayed Khan looked good. Very good. He's not that bad of an actor either. He was fairly believable, at least in this movie. Fave pairings: Lucky/Sanju, Ram/Chandni.
5) Jab We Met. This movie made me fall in love with Shahid Kapur. I knew him from before, but this was the first one where I saw his full range of acting ability. He and Kareena made a great onscreen duo. One of the best romantic comedies I've watched in a long time. Fave pairings: Aditya/Geet
6) Kal Ho Naa Ho. The defining movie of the early 2000's. This had it all. Preity Zinta's acting was superb. And of course the Shahrukh Khan/Saif Ali Khan duo made me laugh and laugh and laugh. Fave pairings: Aman/Naina, Rohit/Naina, Chaddaji/Lajjoji
Favorite TV Shows:
1) Bones. I'm a recent addict to this. The 100th episode was actually the first episode I ever watched, and I've been hooked ever since. I love the characterization in the series. I can't decide which one is my favorite character. All their personalities are so distinct, and they all work so well, it's really satisfying. I'm obsessed with this show. Everything about it makes me happy, from the storyline to the people. I love it!! Fave pairings: Booth/Bones, Hodgins/Angela, Sweets/Daisy.
2) Suite Life of Zack and Cody/Suite Life on Deck. A Disney show with intelligent comedy. I love London Tipton, she's such an amusing mix of naivete and deception!
3) Wizards of Waverley Place. Selena Gomez and David Henrie are both amazing actors/actresses.
4) iCarly. It's an amusing show, and we all know Freddie and Sam will somehow fall in love soon enough. Fave pairings: Freddie/Sam.
This is basically where I'm going to record the millions of fics I have buzzing around my head, but have never gotten a chance to set in Microsoft Word...
Flowers 3? - I wrote the He Loves You, He Loves You Not story for LJ and RH. I've been wondering if I should put in another chapter about Harry/Ginny. But I have to find a way to put in that bit about flowers first.
Love Like This - A songfic for Harry and Ginny to the song Love Like This, by Natasha Bedingfield. Haven't planned much yet...
A Mudblood and a Malfoy!? - RosexScorpius. My version of how they get together. Will probably be a chapter story, through all their years through Hogwarts. I'll get around to it in the summer...
The Untold Story of Astoria Greengrass and Draco Malfoy - This is not a oneshot, in fact, this will be quite long, with many chapters. This is how they meet, fall in love, and get married. This is all an idea as yet, it all depends on my workload.
Secrets in the Chamber - So what really happened with Hufflepuff's cup in the Chamber of Secrets?? Ron and Hermione.
Now 'til Forever - Twoshot LilyJames, kind of how Lily's perspective of James changes. It has Ab To Forever and Hey, Shona from Ta Ra Rum Pum in it.
Hey, Honey - Edward's got another date planned, but this time, Bella might actually like it! Kind of a sequel to In My Hands...
Alice's Party - Alice will use any excuse to throw a party - even surviving the Volturi!
Damaged - Jacob/Leah. Songfic to Danity Kane's Damaged. They had both been broken by other people, broken into jagged edges and deep valleys. But somehow, they still fit together like a puzzle piece.
Gone with the Wind
Daughter - A Ta Ra Rum Pum fanfic. I loved the movie, and this is sort of what happens when Subha Shekhar Rai Banerjee's company crashes, and he has to depend on his daughter for help.
Laila Main Laila - An Aaja Nachle fanfic. Imran's wondering about Anokhi, and how she transforms into the girl of his dreams.
Blue-Ji and Pink-Ji - An Kal Ho Naa Ho fanfic. Did you really think Rohit was the only person Aman was training for love? Now he's helping Chadda try some romantic tactics on Lajjo...
Unsafe External Link