Poll: Should I add the extra section to the end of "A Lamentable Oversight"? Vote Now!
Author has written 14 stories for Pokémon.
Day of the Twenty-Fifth: Eva has taken to glaring at
Twenty-five days of toil however have come to
I shall show her it tonight. I shall put her heart
Day of the Twenty-Sixth: 'The page is blank'.
Diary of a Watchmaker- Preview
The DoomsDay Watch - Chapter 3: (2,117 words)
Since my last appearance on this site, I have been investigating the open source modelling program Blender, in addition to my previously used ProDesktop. Whilst it promises more convenience (I won't have to make absolutely every frame), I still haven't found the tools to do so. Fortunately, it supports my ProD models, so that saves a LOT of time figuring out how to make such complex models. Anyone that can point me to a good tutorial will be thanked.
The Indigo Effect:
When I write, I listen to a piece of music which I find activates a new level in my imagination. The first incident of this was a Jazz piece called 'The Indigo-Gos' by a fictional band under the same name. Hence the name Indigo Effect. Unfortunately, they periodically wear off, meaning I have to find a new one.
I was amused when a music band actually took up the name, though they since disbanded. None of their tracks received actual indigo effect status by the way. Sometimes the I.E. track leads to the creation of a whole scene in my stories, such as Murray Gold's All The Strange, Strange Creatures which has since gone to be the basis of SE's cloning Attempt IX sequence when I eventually animate it
The current track that invokes the Indigo effect:
You Know Her? - Portal 2 OST
First, the obvious ones. Rayquaza is ten times bigger than her, and in most cases, thousands of years older. Two obvious enough reasons besides it being genderless. No trousers so to speak. And even if that weren't the case, totally incompatible body shapes: a snake, and a teardrop.
I also doubt that Latias would like someone that is trying to help an evil psycho put the entire planet into subspace. Brawl fans will know what I'm on about. Give that infernal lizard a good kick in the face for me, because I can't get a Wii because of needing the time for working at University
On another note, the seventh pokemon movie offered an insight into the Rayquazas mindset. Since it made an unprovoked attack on the Deoxys pair towards the end when they were celebrating being reunited, its fairly safe to say it has no ability to comprehend romance or affection. Also, exposing Latias to such violence would be life-threatening at the very least.
But the reason that seals it for me though, besides the physical dangers it would put her in, is that she is someone to be respected and revered. If whoever she's with has a status higher than her, then she doesn't get the respect she deserves. As Rayquaza has a much higher technical legendary status, it takes the attention off of her completely. That's just selfish.
Everyone seems to have something on their profiles with humorous quotes. I got bored when stuck with writers block, so I decided I'd bring in my favorite quotes from some of my stories.
Kenai to Geraint regarding Laura: Soul Etude.
Kenai knocking out Kotor for a Blood Sample: Soul Etude
Ganon and Laura on being jumped by bullies: Soul Etude
Moxis (Lucario) interupting Loki's Melodrama and X's sarcasm: The Guardian Father.
Melissa taking Ganon and Larkspur underground: The Guardian Father.
Two Left Feet:
Alicia attempting to reassure Ganon: A Lover's Lament.
Ash trying to make friends with Tory, assisted by May and Max: The Appliance of Science.
Laura trying to confess her love to Ganon... again: Soul Etude
Ganon getting kissed by Teal: Soul Etude
Even A Genius:
Kenai heading a meeting among his Head's of Staff: Soul Etude
She's a Friend:
Lani (Latias) confronting Loki (Latios): If Dragons May Care.
Innocent as Candy?:
Potential for a multi-legendary fic in future. Likely to be a T.
Moxis and Lani - situation classified: Gemstone.
A Rayquaza talking to a Latias: Murdered Mirth
All Rivers Lead To The Sea: After the Rawst Berry Incident.
“How long do I have to wait before I can go?” He asked her calmly.
“Well… whenever you feel ready now.” She said remorsefully. He looked at his wing, the burn mark fading quickly. He flexed it experimentally, with no signs of pain. He looked over his shoulder as he heard the girl move over next to him. Her face was pensive
The Lugia settled down opposite him, looking out into the ocean.
“It’s a lovely view here isn’t it?” She asked him. He nodded absently as he looked at her, then jolted and quickly spun around to look at the ocean outside when he realised what he’d effectively just said.
DAMN! He thought loudly to himself. She blushed as she noticed his response, and smiled. There were no other Lugia in the oceans around Kraith, and like the Eon had been, she often found herself lonely. Even if there were any more nearby, she was still very young by Lugia standards, and she was only the size of the Latios anyway.
She got back up, moving towards the back of the cave, and the Latios turned around to watch her. She was a graceful mover at the very least he thought as he watched her. He mentally slapped himself for even thinking it.
“What’s your name?” She asked him casually. He coughed, still trying to regain his composure.
“Lolonyo.” He answered, his voice croaking slightly in embarrassment.
“Oh.” She said blushing, “Mine’s Felicity. It means happiness.”
Lolonyo turned away from her to hide the fact his face was now crimson.
“I really should be going now.” He said, his voice breaking as he struggled to maintain the proud demeanour. Felicity looked around at him, noticing he was shaking a lot.
At this point, I gave up with this line as it would have become very fluffy very quickly, and frankly dull. Besides, giving them names with meaning turns them into Mary Sues.
Having seen about half a dozen of these, I thought I might as well too. They generally end up funny.
List twelve of your favorite characters from your fandom, in no particular order.
1. Have you ever read a Six/Eleven (Latios/Latias) fic? Do you want to?
Read them? I write them! And obviously if I write them, I'd want to read them. Shame there aren't really that many.
2. Do you think Four (Quilava) is hot? How hot?
Is that a trick question? 800 Centigrade? I dunno. I don't carry a thermometer.
3. What would happen if Twelve (Blaziken) got Eight (Feraligatr) pregnant?
The Blaziken would need to be hospitalised from the love bites.
4. Can you recall any fics about Nine (Riolu)?
Well, Kotor started one ages ago, and I've got one as a main sideliner, but none as a main.
5. Would Two (Glaceon) and Six (Latios) make a good couple?
Maybe, but it's one of my favorite pairs for throwing sparks off each other so definately not going to become a couple in my stories.
6. Five(Lugia)/Nine(Riolu) or Five (Lugia)/Ten (Swampert)? Why?
Well Riolu isn't physically possible cos its a baby pokemon, so I guess only Swampert can apply.
7. What would happen if Seven (Darkrai) walked in on Two (Glaceon) and Twelve (Blaziken) having sex?
He'd make everyone else suffer that image in their worst nightmares.
8. Make up a summary for a Three (Mew) /Ten (Swampert) fic.
A Mew, bored of the usual life of being worshipped, plays a prank on an unsuspecting and lonely Swampert by transforming into another Swampert, offering a glimmer of companionship before snatching it away.
9. Is there any such thing as One (Lucario) /Eight (Feraligatr) fluff?
Only for those with a rather warped imagiantion... like the person that invented Dracoshipping...
10. Suggest a title for a Seven (Darkrai) /Twelve (Blaziken) hurt/comfort fic.
Ashe's to Ashe's
11. Does anyone on your friends list read Three (Mew) het?
Only someone that showed me a Mew catgirl picture once (after which all catgirls had to die)
12. Does anyone on your friends list write or draw Eleven (Latias)?
Well, there are a lot of us that adore her like the godess she is, so yes.
13. Would anyone on your friends list write Two (Glaceon)/Four (Quilava)/Five (Lugia)?
I suppose KotorPlayerVII might if he got some good inspiration for it.
14. If you wrote a Song-fic about Eight (Feraligatr), what song would you choose?
'Never Smile At A Crocodile' (Yes, this actually exists.)
15. If you wrote a One (Lucario) /Six (Latios) /Twelve (Blaziken) fic, what would the warning be?
Warning: May mirror Chapter 14 of 'The Guardian Father'.
16. When was the last time you read a fic about Five (Lugia)?
Actually quite a long time ago now...
17. "(1) and (7) are in a happy relationship until (9) runs off with (4). (1), brokenhearted, has a hot one-night stand with (11) and a brief unhappy affair with (12), then follows the wise advice of (5) and finds true love with (3).
Lucario and Darkrai are in a happy relationship until Riolu runs off with Quilava. Lucario, brokenhearted, has a hot one-night stand with Latias and a brief unhappy affair with Blaziken, then follows the wise advice of Lugia and finds true love with Mew.
17. What title would you give this fic?
'You Steel My Heart Away'
18. How would you feel if Seven (Darkrai) /Eight (Feraligatr) was canon?
I'd wonder how much paint thinner the writers had been drinking. Probably several gallons. Per night.
Chose 10 of your OC's. Or ten of your favourite people. (Like friends, family, celebrities. Anyone you think is cool.) But you can't choose yourself.
1) 4 (Lucario) invites 3 (Glaceon) and 8 (Latios) to dinner at their house. What happens?
Lucario: Can I have a promotion yet Melissa?
2) 9 (Mew) tries to get 5 (Darkrai) to go to a yoga class. What happens?
Darkrai Dark-Voids Mew, and gives him curls with the help of Lugia.
3) You need to stay at a friend’s house for the night. Do you choose 1 (Quilava) or 6 (Latias)?
Latias definitely. If they were both friends of mine, I’d no doubt have proposed to Latias already, so we'd be on very friendly terms.
4) 2 (Lugia) and 7 (Feraligatr) are making out. 10 (Alakazam) walks in...What is their reaction?
Alakazam: What the hell?! Adam, you said you were just going for a coffee! Now I find you tangled up in the wings of a Legendary?!
5) 3 (Glaceon) falls in love with 6 (Latias). 8 (Latios) is jealous. What happens?
Latios: Melissa, do you know what gender all Latias are?
6) 4 (Lucario) jumps you in a dark alleyway. Who comes to your rescue? 10 (Alakazam), 2 (Lugia) or 7 (Feraligatr)?
Feraligatr. No one would argue with those teeth.
7) 1 (Quilava) decides to start a cooking show. 15 minutes later what is happening?
The whole studio is on fire, as well as the next seven buildings downwind.
9) 3 (Glaceon) has to marry either 8 (Latios), 4 (Lucario) or 9 (Mew). Who do they chose?
Mew. Don’t know why, but since Lazlo’s as good as dead, she won’t be going for another Lucario.
10) 7 (Feraligatr) kidnaps 2 (Lugia) and demands something from 5 (Darkrai) for 2 (Lugia)'s release. What is it?
Feraligatr: Hey! Get me a jetpack, or Lugia gets killed.
11) You get to meet either 1 (Quilava) or 6 (Latias). Who do you chose?
Why would I propose to someone I wouldn’t yearn to meet? Latias of course!
12) 10 (Alakazam) challenges 4 (Lucario) to a chariot race. Why?
He needs to test out a new chariot-like gadget he just invented, and rather than crash tests, he decides to have fun for once.
13) Everyone gangs up on 3 (Glaceon). Does 3 (Glaceon) have a chance in hell?
14) Everyone is invited to 2 (Lugia) and 10’s (Alakazam) wedding except for 8 (Latios). How do they react?
He didn’t need to be invited. He was the best man.
15) Why is 6 (Latios) afraid of 7 (Feraligatr)?
Have you seen those teeth?
16) 10 (Alakazam) gathers everyone around to tell them a fairy tale. How does it go?
Alakazam: Once upon a time, there was a big bad Pokemon named Deoxys. He was very powerful, and tried to bring an end to all happi-
17) 1 (Quilava) arrives late for 2 (Lugia) and 10 (Alakazam)'s wedding. What happens? And why are they late?
Quilava: Stop the ceremony!
18) 5 (Darkrai) and 9 (Mew) get roaring drunk and end up at your house. What happens?
Mew starts smashing up the furniture, bawling lyrics about death and blood, whilst Darkrai is huddled up in the corner, holding a fly-swatter, swatting at the air.
19) 3 (Glaceon), 8 (Latios), 6 (Latias) and 4 (Lucario) all go to the zoo for 8 (Latios)'s birthday party. How does it go? What presents do they get 8 (Latios)?
Within ten minutes, they get bored, causing Lucario to ‘accidentally’ release half of the animals. After hiding and watching hordes of tourists being chased by Rhyhorns, they call it a day and return to the Hotel. Glaceon got Latios a pack of playing cards, Lucario got him a DVD of The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Latias keeps putting it off, saying that she’d give him his present ‘tonight’, before breaking into giggles again.
20) Everyone gets together and starts protesting something outside your house. What are they protesting? What do you do?
They are protesting that I don’t write often enough. I open a window and yell at them that I’m too busy with work for University, and most of them continue pacing around. The Latias looks up forlornly, tugging at my heartstrings, and forcing me to live up to my rule of always making time for a Latias, and I resume writing about her.
21) 9 (Mew) murders 2 (Lugia)’s best friend. What does 2 (Lugia) do to get back at them?
Lugia: Mew, I’m going to make you wish you were never born.
22) 6 (Latias) and 1 (Quilava) are in mortal danger. Only one of them can survive. Does 6 (Latias) save themselves or 1 (Quilava)?
Under normal circumstances, a Latias’s priority is to help others, but just as she’s about to rescue Quilava, Lugia dives in and snatches her fiancée out of harm, allowing Latias to escape unharmed.
23) Which one of them is most likely to fail at life?
Ooh… tough one… I suppose Feraligatr because he’d never be able to get a kiss in his life with those teeth.
24) 5 (Darkrai) is trapped in a cave. 10 (Alakazam) comes to rescue them. What happens?
Darkrai: Go away. I’m meditating.
25) 3 (Glaceon) starts a day camp. What happens?
Glaceon: Hi-de-hi campers! Who knows what we’re going to do today?
26) 4 (Lucario), 6 (Latias), and 7(Feraligatr) are doing the Hokey-Pokey. 8 (Latios) walks in. What happens?
Latios: Hi sweetheart. What’s with the dancing?
27) 1 (Quilava) starts to write a fan-fiction where 9 (Mew) and 10 (Alakazam) are going out. What is 2 (Lugia)'s reaction?
Lugia: (Inspects the story) Ooh my! Nice way to tell my ex he was a jerk. Can I have a copy?
28) 7 (Feraligatr) makes an apple pie. Is it any good?
What apple pie? He ate it before we knew it was finished.
29) 8 (Latios) and 3 (Glaceon) go camping. For some reason they forget to bring any food. What do they do?
Latios: Sod this, I’m going home. Latias will be waiting for me.
30) While they are camping, they run into The Blair Witch. What do they do? (If you haven't seen that movie pretend they ran into the Bogyman or something like that instead.)
Oogie Boogie: Well well well, what have we here? A Latios, huh? Ooh, I’m really scared (!)
31) The quiz is over. What does everyone go do now?
Latios returns to the warm embrace of Latias, Lugia and Quilava arrange a marriage, Darkrai and Alakazam are still in the cave, Glaceon resumes having shouting matches with Lucario, Feraligatr pines over his inability to kiss anyone, and Mew has taken over the chapel and uses the organ twenty-four hours a day as a gothic rock-venue, writing his own tracks of general woe and misery, although the girlish trinkets in his fur leave a lot to be desired for his reputation.
Unsafe External Link