Author has written 2 stories for Alex Rider.
Fandoms I like: Alex Rider, Chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the Rings, Tamora Pierce and Harry Potter, and more recently Transformers. (Thanks to Von for making me give it a try!)
I'm not generally into shipping, although I do have a slight preference for some pairings. In general though, I'll go with whatever pairing makes a story work.
Special dedication also to Valeska Vampire Queen, the best friend a girl could wish for!
Fanfiction, animals (especially horses and dogs), my beautiful border collie, Finn, soundtracks to movies, good grammar and spelling in stories, sports, reading, aaaaand:
Stories that make no sense at all, broccoli, people talking to me when I'm trying to listen to music, wars... and lots of other things I don't have the time or space to rant on about.
MY STORIES: I currently have 2 published, It's Never Easy being Friends and It's Never Easy Finding Allies. Finding Allies is a spin-off oneshot from Being Friends. Both are set in the AR universe, canon compliant up until Snakehead, maybe also CT compliant as well. I'll decide later, when the issues come up in INEBF. I have another oneshot in the works as part of this series, which will not be published until I write at least one more chapter of INEBF. It has a tentative title of It's Never Easy...KISSING?! Make of that what you will. :D
As for INEBF, I have never quite felt this way about anything I've ever written before. I feel that my writing style has developed and changed so much from when I first started, and I'm quietly pleased about that. I am also blown away by the response I've recieved - it is truly amazing. Thank you very much to all the wonderful people who review and tell me that they do, or don't like it. Either is good. Hint, hint. :)
Update: AR ficcage is proving very difficult to write as Transformers has taken over my brain. Apologies for the long wait but th series is not abandoned and will be updated.
Funny Stuff That Makes Me Laugh:
MURPHY'S LESSER-KNOWN LAWS:
1. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
2. He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
3. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
4. Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
5. Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
6. The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90 probability you'll get it wrong.
7. If you lined up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them, five or six at a time, on a hill, in the fog.
8. If the shoe fits, get another one just like it.
9. The things that come to those who wait, will be the things left by those who got there first.
10. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
11. A flashlight is a case for holding dead batteries.
12. The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.
13. A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
14. When you go into court, you are putting yourself in the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty
George Bernard Shaw
The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia-is the fear of long words
Death is God's way of saying, 'You're fired!' with no second chance. Suicide is humanity's way of saying, 'You can't fire me! I quit!
Where negotiation and diplomacy fail, high explosives substitute nicely.
Silence is golden, but duck tape is silver.
Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
Skill is successfully walking a tightrope over Niagara Falls. Intelligence is not trying.
There are two kinds of pedestrians: The quick and the dead.
I am on a quest to the deepest, darkest corners of my room in search of what some would call "a floor" - a long and difficult task awaits me. Wish me luck my friends for I may not return alive.
A psychology professor at the University of Miami knew his students expected a terrifyingly long final exam.
To play with their minds a little (what do you expect from a psychology professor?) he only put ONE question on the final exam.
He watched the reactions of the students as they all opened the exams and saw the one question.
Initially they all looked relieved, but as the difficulty of the question began to sink in, those relieved faces sagged to confusion and consternation.
All, that is, except for one student.
He read the question, tapped his pencil into his palm a few times, then jotted something down on the test paper.
He walked up to the professor, handed him the final, and walked out.
The professor blinked in surprise, looked at what the student wrote, and smiled.
The professor wrote "100" on the top of that student's test.
The student's answer: This is.
Funny In Flight Annoucements
1. "As you exit the plane, please make sure to gather all of your belongings. Anything left behind will be distributed evenly among the flight attendants. Please do not leave children or spouses."
2. "Last one off the plane must clean it."
3. After landing: "Thank you for flying Delta Business Express. We hope you enjoyed giving us the business as much as we enjoyed taking you for a ride."
4. As the plane landed and was coming to a stop at Washington National, a lone voice came over the loudspeaker: "Whoa, big fella. Whoa!"
5. After a particularly rough landing during thunderstorms in Memphis, a flight attendant on a Northwest flight announced: "Please take care when opening the overhead compartments because, after a landing like that, sure as hell everything has shifted."
6.From a Southwest Airlines employee: "Welcome aboard Southwest Flight XXX to YYY. To operate your seatbelt, insert the metal tab into the buckle, and pull tight. It works just like every other seatbelt and if you don't know how to operate one, you probably shouldn't be out in public unsupervised. In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, oxygen masks will descend from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask, and pull it over your face. If you have a small child travelling with you, secure your mask before assisting with theirs. If you are travelling with two small children, decide now which one you love more."
7. "Weather at our destination is 50 degrees with some broken clouds, but they'll try to have them fixed before we arrive. Thank you, and remember, nobody loves you or your money more than Southwest Airlines."
8. "Your seat cushions can be used for flotation. In the event of an emergency water landing, please take them with our compliments."
9. From a Southwest Airlines employee: "There may be 50 ways to leave your lover, but there are only four ways out of this airplane."
10. Pilot: "Folks, we have reached our cruising altitude now, so I am going to switch the seat belt sign off. Feel free to move about as you wish, but please stay inside the plane till we land. It's a bit cold outside, and if you walk on the wings it affects the flight pattern."
11. From the pilot during his welcome message: "We are pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry. Unfortunately none of them are on this flight."
12.This was overheard on an American Airlines flight into Amarillo, Texas, on a particularly windy and bumpy day. During the final approach, the captain was really having to fight it. After an extremely hard landing, the flight attendant came on the PA and announced, "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Amarillo. Please remain in your seats with your seatbelts fastened while the captain taxis what's left of our airplane to the gate!"
13. Another flight attendant's comment on a less than perfect landing: "We ask you to please remain seated as Captain Kangaroo bounces us to the terminal."
14.An airline pilot wrote that on this particular flight he had hammered his ship into the runway really hard. The airline had a policy which required the first officer to stand at the door while the passengers exited, smile, and give them a, "Thanks for flying XYZ airline." He said that in light of his bad landing, he had a hard time looking the passengers in the eye, thinking that someone would have a smart comment. Finally, everyone had gotten off except for this little old lady walking with a cane. She said, "Sonny, did we land or were we shot down?"
15. After a real crusher of a landing in Phoenix, the flight attendant got on the PA and said, "Ladies and gentlemen, please remain in your seats until Captain Crash and the crew have brought the aircraft to a screeching halt up against the gate. And, once the tire smoke has cleared and the warning bells are silenced, we'll open the door and you can pick your way through the wreckage to the terminal."
16. Part of a flight attendant's arrival announcement: "We'd like to thank you folks for flying with us today. And, the next time you get the insane urge to go blasting through the skies in a pressurized metal tube, we hope you'll think of us here at US Airways."
Job at the FBI
For the final test, the FBI agents took one of the men to a large metal door and handed him a gun.
'We must know that you will follow your instructions no matter what the circumstances. Inside the room you will find your wife sitting in a chair .. . . Kill her!!'
The man said, 'You can't be serious. I could never shoot my wife..'
The agent said, 'Then you' re not the right man for this job. Take your wife and go home.'
The second man was given the same instructions. He took the gun and went into the room. All was quiet for about 5 minutes.
The man came out with tears in his eyes, 'I tried, but I can't kill my wife.' The agent said, 'You don't have what it takes. Take your wife and go home.'
Finally, it was the woman's turn. She was given the same instructions, to kill her husband. She took the gun and went into the room. Shots were heard, one after another. They heard screaming, crashing, banging on the walls. After a few minutes, all was quiet. The door opened slowly and there stood the woman, wiping the sweat from her brow.
'This gun is loaded with blanks' she said. ' I had to beat him to death with the chair.'
MORAL: WOMEN CAN BE EVIL, Don't Mess with them!!
A Very Funny Conversation I Found
"What are you doing?"
"Thinking about what to name a pet pirahnna."
"Oh, thats easy, W.W.Y.F.H.B."
"Warning: Watch your fingers- he bites. Duh."
Important note for fellow fanfic addicts: there is a really brilliant website set up by YoshinointheMoonlight at:It has different sections for fan culture and discussions, but one of the best feature is the forum where fanfic-ers from the UK can arrange to meet up in different locations. Go along and have a look!
And finally, the most important:
Come to the Dark Side, for we have cookies.
I think this says it all really.
Unsafe External Link