Author has written 19 stories for Life With Derek, and iCarly.
I'm Rae, or Rachel for long. I live in the midwestern US and enjoy watching shows that I'm probably a couple years too old for.
I've enjoyed FF.net for a while now and think that there are some really great writers here. I love seeing what other people do with my favorite characters and eventually broke down and decided to try my hand at it as well. think that the whole idea of a fanfiction community is very cool. I love the way it brings together authors and fans from around the world
Since most of you are probably clicking my profile in hopes of finding other stories to read (unless you're just stalking me _~) and I've now written a fair number of stories, below are my thoughts about many of the stories that I've posted (to supplement the story summaries). Most of my stories are about "Life with Derek" and all revolve around Dasey.
I'm also listing some recommendations for other LWD stories.
My newest obsession is iCarly, and particularly, Seddie. Eventually, I will add a description of my Seddie stories to this profile and make some recommendations for good Seddie reads. Right now I'm just getting into the fandom.
Finally, I thought that I'd let you in on some of my Fandom!Secrets.
1) A Casual Comment
This story is my first, and in my opinion, best fanfiction. It was a story that I had in my head for a long time and I posted all 10 chapters in a single day. It is was intended to be a realistic yet light-hearted attempt to explore how Dasey might happen. I think that this was my best effort to keep everyone in the story in character and capture the essence of the magic that is Dasey
2) Living with Derek, Hopefully
This is a sequel to "A Casual Comment." It is about the relationship between Derek and Casey as they go to college and decide to move into together. Although I enjoyed writing this story and am fond of it, it probably doesn't quite live up to it's predecessor.
3) Movie Night
Based on reviews alone, this seems to be my most popular story. Perhaps because it's M rated! :-) It is my first M rated fiction and my goal was to be smutty and funny at the same time. This one was quite fun for me to write!
4) Captain Oblivious
My attempt at a light-hearted one shot. I also absolutely love Ralph and wanted to do something with him. Hence, this is a Rasey Dasey.
5) The Easier Choice
This is really a series of one shots in which I tried to emphasize the Dasey in various episodes (each one shot revolves around a particular episode). I plan to continue this but only when inspiration strikes
This started as an attempt to be dark and angsty, but I just couldn't stay away from the fluff. :-) However, it's definitely darker than anything else I've written. It's a response to the anti-Dasey claim that Derek and Casey have started to act like siblings. While I don't agree with that, I thought it would be fun to explore the idea. In this story, after coming to see Casey as a sister, Derek realizes he has feelings for her. He struggles with the belief that his feelings are incestuous, and well, if you want to know more, you'll just have to read it it.
An exploration of Derek and Casey's relationship as it looks to their classmates. From the perspective of Max's ex-girlfriend Amy, who I thought had a lot more depth than he ever did. For some reason I really like Amy and thought it would be fun to write her.
8) How to Be a Good Feminist
My Dasey sequel to the series. It is the story of Derek and Casey's first term in college. Derek and Casey take the same feminist philosophy class (this was inspired by their conversation in the last episode) and end up learning a bit about their feelings. If you haven't seen all of the episodes yet, there are major spoilers here.
For Oneshots . . .
It's writers like Nicole and Nunda who got me hooked on this fandom with their fabulous and steamy oneshots. You can't go wrong with the LWD classics. There are also some fabulous one shots listed in My Favorites.
For Realism . . .
Wonderful author's include, among others, moriariordan, Classless, Catdogg, phoebe.p., and unoriginal-elizabeth.
For the Fabulously Fantastical . . .
I would recommend "Time Changes Everything" by SoulmatesDC and "Careful What You Wish For" by Mac-alicious.
For Hot Dasey Action (Multi-chapter fics with explicit sex) . . .
Try "Passionate European Love" and "Masquerade Mishap."
Rae’s Fandom! Secrets:
1) If I did the whole celebrity crush thing, I would have to like Michael Seater. I mean he likes the Alchemist and By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept. How hot is that?! However, ridiculously, the smoking thing is a total turn off.
2) If I were vain (which I am) and creative (which I’m not), I would have chosen the FF.net name Murasaki Shikibu. She was an awesome lady writer (arguably the world’s first novelist), who, per the custom of the time, concealed her identity. The way they refer to female characters in the Tale of Genji by something associated with them is awesome.
3) I originally tuned into LWD because I was drawn in a by a pairing . . . Casey x Sam! It was after the episode “Babe Rader.” Then I saw “Male Code Blue.” ‘Nough said.
4) I think that the actor who plays Max is hot. Sure, maybe he looks like a Ken doll and is totally wrong for Casey, but that doesn’t detract from the hotness.
5) There is a story behind the FF.net name (I don’t just like butterflies), but if you ask me about it, I’ll probably lie.
6) I’m vain enough that I would 'Favorite' one of my own stories if I could.
7) The first fanfic.net story I read was neither Dasey nor Seddie. It was a Trigun fic, involved an OC, and I thought it was made of win.