Author has written 20 stories for Maximum Ride, Danny Phantom, Fruits Basket, Hikaru no Go, and House, M.D..
Most Hated Phrase(s):
"Don't like, don't read" - That sounds SO immature! Besides, it is unnecessary to include that in the summary because common sense says 'if this is not to your liking, you will not click on the link'. I mean, it doesn't even have to be said! Doesn't it deter you from reading the fiction? Would you enjoy reading a fiction where the author tells you EVERYTHING and leaves nothing up to your imagination (and common sense) for example: The teacher taught her students because she was a teacher. I mean, duh. Isn't that what a teacher should be doing? It is as if the summary is proclaiming that the author is incapable of writing a story that promotes cognitive funtions...
Common Spelling Errors and Whatnot (which I hopefully will NO LONGER see in any of the fictions I read):
1) Loose vs. Lose - Loose refers to something that is not tight, while lose refers to something that is lost. Get the spellings right.
2) Its vs. It's - 'Its food' means that the 'food' belongs to 'it', while 'It's food' means that 'it' is 'food'. This is basic.
3) Through vs. Thru and Though vs. Tho - If you're seriously writing a story, please don't include such slangs. It is unsightly.
4) Then vs. Than - Then is most often used to indicate a series of events occuring one after the other or some sort of time sequence, than is used to indicate comparison or limitation. I find myself more than a little annoyed when people use 'then' instead of 'than' when they are not supposed to. Correct examples: 'I will still be in school then.' 'I will first go to the church, then the library.' 'He is smarter than me.' 'Take no more than 15 minutes in the bath.'
5) Their vs. They're - 'Their ideas' means that the 'ideas' belong to 'they', while 'They're ideas' means that 'they' are 'ideas'. Similar concept to no.2. Don't get it wrong.
6) Your vs. You're - 'Your mince' means that the 'mince' belongs to 'you', while 'You're mince' means that 'you' are 'mince'. Same idea as no.2 and no.5. Please, this one is a must know.
7) To vs. Too - 'To' has many meanings, one of which is quite a similar (but nowhere near exactly alike) meaning as 'towards', while 'too' implies something in excess or additional information. I'm pretty amused that some people mix them up, mostly replacing 'too' with 'to'. The opposite rarely happens, but you can't be too sure. Correct examples: 'I am going to school now, do you want to come along?' 'You are being too talkative!' I'm not quite satisfied with my explanation of these two, so I suggest looking up dictionaries for more specific definitions.
8) Brake vs. Break - 'To brake' means to stop, usually used when the halting process is abrupt. 'Brake' can also be used as a noun, which in this case commonly refers to the mechanism or pedals in cars which causes cars to slow down. 'To break' means to make something broken. I am assuming that only those who speak more than they write make this mistake.
9) Could care less vs. Couldn't care less - 'Could care less' means that one still cares about it, while 'couldn't care less' would simply mean there is no way any lesser concern could be involved, meaning the ultimate 'could not care at all' attitude. I'm afraid many people mix this up without even realising the lack of negatives.
This is all for now. If I spot any more I'd like others to take note of, I'll put it up. I do acknowledge that the occasional spelling error is unavoidable, but any more than, say, 2 per 100 words I'd recommend you use 'Spell Check' on your work. I myself make mistakes too, of course, but hopefully, none that will change the meanings drastically. I grew up in an environment which promotes bilingualism and I have been learning two languages since birth, my mother tongue and the English Language, so if those who have grown up where they've only been taught one language (which, in this case, is English) would kindly put their knowledge to use, I would be eternally grateful. I am not the best student out there when it come to the English Language, but sometimes it seems like I know so much more than some native English speakers, British or American, and this is becoming unbelievably stupid.
Favourite Entertainments (in no order whatsoever):
MANGA/ANIMEHikaru no Go Prince of Tennis (Tenisu no Oujisama) C: Sword and Cornett Savage Garden (Manhwa) Gokusen Tokage Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji) 1/2 Prince (Manhua) Orchestre Royal de Guignol (Ningyou Kyuutei Gakudan)Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro (Demon Detective Nougami Neuro) Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (and R2)
BOOKSMaximum Ride series Harry Potter series Inkheart (I realise I need to read more books...)
TELEVISION SERIES House M.D. C.S.I (give me any season, I'll watch it)
CARTOONDanny Phantom Teen Titans
MOVIESThe Incredibles Monsters vs. Aliens Spirited Away (Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi)
As you can see, I am completely biased towards childish entertainment, and I am all for manga. Give me manga over the movies any time.
I am not receiving a lot of one-shot or short story inspirations for Hikaru no Go or any other fandoms, and since I already had a very long HnG fiction to worry about, it is unlikely that I will be starting on a new (long) fiction anytime soon.
1) Beauty and the Beast - A Parody
Fandom: Maximum Ride, obvious AU
Pairing: FAX or MANG
Rating: K or T (content undecided, likely to involve kissing)
Type: Novella (approximately 5-10 short chapters)
Length: Roughly between 20,000 words and 30,000 words, expect some inaccuracies
Summary: A parody of the famous fairy tale Beauty and the Beast, idea given by The Layman a long time ago. This story is way overdue, and I'm only on the first chapter.
When: Will be temporary on hold for an indefinite period of time. I can't seem to find inspiration for the story, nor the motivation to write it.
Others: I started on this in May 2010, so quality is not particularly guaranteed. I also do not have much of a plot yet.
Status: In the process of writing chapter 1
This part will be updated as stories progress or if I have any announcements to make. It is unlikely I will have 2 long stories going on at the same time.
1) Two Sides to a Face...or More
Fandom: Hikaru no Go, slight AU
Rating: K (some concepts may be slightly abstract and confusing for younger readers)
Type: Novel (chapters will be decided as we go along)
Length: 5,000-7,000 words per chapter, may exceed 7,000 words, but unlikely to fall below 5,500
Summary: With the Go club, he plays at their level. With the insei, he plays like one of them. With Touya, he plays as if they were rivals. Can he find his true hand when with every opponent he plays he adjusts himself to suit them? AU.
Previous Summary: Hikaru is quite a bit more considerate and has a tendency to...split his Go to fit his opponents. AU.
When: Next chapter update should fall within half a year of June 2011, unless otherwise stated
Projected Run Length: Many years, expect to last more than 5
Chapter Count: 11
Hits: Approximately 50,000
Run Length: Approximately 2 years
Update Speed: Irregular, 2-3 months interval at best, 1-2 years interval at worst
Next Chapter: Hikaru withdraws from the insei programme (earlier prediction that the next chapter will include Hikaru's withdrawal was false, since the story refuses to listen to me and went off on its own tangent)
2) A Pair
Fandom: Maximum Ride, slight AU
Pairing: FAX or MANG
Rating: K or T (prolonged kissing involved, slightly explicit description, no mentions of sex)
Type: One-shot, may upload an epilogue
Length: 9,500 words, will extend if epilogue is uploaded
Summary: Three years after Fang's left wing has been pronounced unsalvageable, he now flies with one of Max's wings, leaving her the only member unable to touch the heavens. When he decides to call her back to the sky again, she cannot refuse.
When: If I should upload an epilogue, I take that it may last until end of 2011 to be uploaded
Projected Run Length: Until the end of December 2010 (and now that I have crossed over into the new year, expect it by end of 2011)
Apparantly, my mind was somewhere else when I read through the terms and conditions or whatever rules I must obey to stay as a member of this website or whatsoever. So, disclaimer, just read below.
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Maximum Ride. James Patterson does, and I wish I had his brilliance (woah, getting off track here). He owns Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, the Gasman, Angel, Total, and every other character from the Maximum Ride series.
Neither do I own Danny Phantom. Nick owns the Daniel "Danny" Fenton/Phantom, Samantha Mason, Tucker Foley, and the rest of the characters. I only own the plot of the stories listed below (which should be mine, unless some error occurs) and nothing else, unless there are extra characters in the stories, in which case I won't bother mentioning.
And also, now that I have put up my latest work, I do not own Furuba/Fruits Basket either, though I DO own the plot of that story down there under the Fruits Basket/Furuba category. Akito, Shigure, and Yuki are not mine but I can manipulate them the way I want in my stories, and they can be my marionettes in the plot.
More new categories. I don't own Hikaru no Go, and that's a really, really, really depressing thing...
Now, to add to the list, I have uploaded a House M.D. fiction, which characters sadly do not belong to me...darn it.
ls that good enough for the staff who run this thing?