Author has written 12 stories for Harry Potter.
My real name is Brandon and I was born on January 13th, 1984 (a Friday). I'm a Star Trek, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter fan. I'm a webmaster/web developer. When I'm not working websites, I enjoy reading. I've tried my hand at writing stories but I misplaced most of the stuff I wrote so don't expect me to publish any of my old works. I don't mind reviewing or proof reading other people's work as I'm pretty good at finding mistakes in other people's works (I'm horrible at finding mistakes that I have made in my own work).
About My Website
It originally started as a Star Trek only website but soon grew into a hodge-podge of all sorts of stuff. You can find it at . I also have a message board set up at . There are several subforums for various topics including but not limited to Star Trek, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and random nonsense. There's also a section of my site called UFT Writer where people can post and read stories and poems. I mostly use it to post stuff before I decide to post them else where. You can find it at .
The Chosen One: Being completely re-written. Currently working on chapter 3. Also drew a family tree to help people confused by how the everyone who currently alive in the story is related to everyone else. It includes some ancestors that will be discussed later on in the story though I've deliberately left some out because I don't want to spoil to much. You can find it at .
Albus Potter in the Past: Being completely re-written. Done prologue and half of chapter 1. May give new title. (Jan 18, 2009)
Snape's Second Chance: Going back and correcting mistakes. (Jan 1, 2009)
All others are abandoned for various reasons including but not limited to not having a plan or lack of readers.
I'm also tempted to work on a fourth story but I know I will not have time to do it when school starts up. (Jan 18, 2009)
The fallowing are some ideas for some stories. I would like anyone who decides to take up one of these challenges to tell me so I can read what you come up with. You can find those challenges by clicking here (you may need to scroll down to see them).
You can reach me using the fallowing information
MSN messenger: email@example.com
I don't like the private messaging system on this site (doesn't allow me to have a copy of things I send or recieve on my own computer) so if you want to send me a message, either send an email to omega13a (at) sbcglobal (dot) net or send me an instant message. If you send a review to one of my stories, don't excpet a reply unless I have some way of finding out what your email adress is.
Things That Irk Me In Harry Potter Fan Fiction (In no particular order):
1. A person who speaks Parseltounge is called a Parselmouth, not a Parseltounge. Its scary how many fan fictions out there I have read where the author calls a person who speaks to snakes a Parseltounge and not a Parselmouth. I cringe every time I see that mistake...
2. A time travel story where a person (usually Harry) sends their soul/mind/consciousness back to their younger self and tries to make sure their love interest (usually Ginny) falls in love with them in the new timeline. I like time travel stories. Its just that in this situation, the time travelar is mentally already an adult and their love interested is still a kid. I've seen this happen in so many Harry goes back in time stories. Not once did the time time traveler think about the fact that they are an adult and their love interest is a minor. The fact that they go out on dates with their love interest (and in one story sleep with their love interest) makes them a pedophile (especially when they are both not of age).
3. Unrealistic pairings. I don't care what the pairing are in the story as long as they are believable. I mean, Draco suddenly confessing his love to Hermione and she falls for him? Like that is ever going to happen... If you are going to put to people together who there is no way they would be a couple if you keep them in character, have one of them not be like how they are in canon and lead up to the pairing giving the relationship a more believable basis.
4. Pettigrew killing 13 muggles when framing Sirius. It was clearly stated in canon he only killed 12. This probably the most common mistakes in fan fiction where the author is trying to stick with canon facts. Even some of the best authors I've read have made this mistake...
5. Evil!Dumbledore. Its a proven fact that it is harder for an evil person to pretend to be nice than a good person to pretend they are evil. If Dumbledore was evil, he be more like Umbridge...
6. People discovering Harry is physically abused by the Dursleys after he completes his first year at Hogwarts. If Harry was being physically abused by Dursleys, it would have been noticed by someone sooner. Its alright if there were suspicions during his first year but to have everyone clueless of it? It gets more unbelievable the older Harry is when it is discovered.
7. In Harry/Ginny soul bond fics Mrs. Weasley becoming cold and heartless to Harry when she has known Harry long enough to know he is not some person that will be a bad influence on Ginny and wouldn't do anything to hurt her. Especially when she goes out of her way to make sure that Harry and Ginny aren't even in the same room as each other. Just because she didn't want Bill and Fleur to get married doesn't mean she is some ultra-conservative person who believes in arranged marriages or someone who doesn't want her kids to have any kind of romantic relationship with a person.
8. Severus taking points away from Harry during the first potions class for answering the questions correctly and get away with it. Severus taking points away from Harry for allowing Neville to have a potions accident when everyone is busy brewing a potion and get away with it is believable because there would be few people to back up Harry's claims. But taking points away in front of the entire class from Harry for answering questions that he asked Harry correctly and get away with it? At least Hermione would protest by telling some adult after class... With the number of witnesses that could back up the claims and how if some is a secrete everyone would naturally know, I doubt Severus would have a job at Hogwarts for long.