Author has written 184 stories for CSI: New York, One Tree Hill, Rookie Blue, Hart of Dixie, and Hunger Games.
icon doesn't belong to me - credit given where it's due!
Why don't you be the writer and decide the words I say - Ellie Goulding.
So, a few things about me...
- I'm Laura.
- I'm 23.
- I'm a University graduate.
- I'm also a Teacher. I absolutely love what I do.
- I'm the oldest of four; and my brother and sisters are absolute gems. I adore them to death and would be a lesser person without them in my life.
- The Hunger Games has completely and utterly taken over my life. Everlark is everything. EVERYTHING.
-Joshifer literally gives me heart palpitations daily.
-Jennifer Lawrence is my spirit animal and I adore her. I literally. adore. her.
-Josh Hutcherson and I would make wonderful children. I'm just putting that out there. Otherwise I will settle with him and Jen making perfect children.
- Joshifer is something I'm hugely invested in. it is real. don't tell me otherwise.
- CSI:NY, One Tree Hill, New Girl, Hart of Dixie, How I Met Your Mother and Rookie Blue are also forms of my preferred crack.
-CSI:NY might not be on the air anymore - I still can't say that word beginning with c; but that doesn't mean I'm going anywhere. Please don't think if there are no updates from me for a while that I've packed it in. I'm probably just busy. If I decide otherwise, you guys will be the first to know - but I can't see that coming for a long, long time.
- I adore Anna Belknap. Like, adore her. More than air sometimes in all seriousness. And I mean, genuine adoration. There's no doubt that I'd actually defend her to the death - or at least until I'm blue in the face. I don't know what it is about her, but I think I'll hold her dear to my heart for a long while.,
- Carmine Giovinazzo is a beautiful, beautiful man. Fact. He needs those glasses back ASAP though. His face is missing something.
- This being said, if I met either Anna or Carmine, there's about a 99.9 percent chance I'd die on the spot, or squee myself to death. Either way, my little heart wouldn't handle the excitement.
- Bethany Joy Galeotti, Zooey Deschanel and Missy Peregrym are also loves of mine.
- There is a part of me, somewhere inside that I haven't quite found yet, where DL live and consume the entire brain's thoughts and actions. This brain, I fondly have called Fred. He and I are very close and work well together. (I hope he's reading this and quits with the current strike, 'cause seriously.)
- I have csi:ny to thank for a lot. Really. It made me a more fluid thinker; a creative writer and most importantly - I have made some absolutely incredible friends that I know will be in my life for a very, very, very long time. I'm a lucky girl (totally just wrote Lucy there...) to have the people in my life that I do - and even though some of them may never see this; I hope they know how much they really mean to me. They may have taken the show from us, but they can't take the memories.
- My fingers aren't connected to my brain. I'm convinced. They just type away and on good days, I don't even have to be looking at the screen; this talent works well for academic writing/university related things ;) I'd love to know my WPM.
- I hate the word 'assignment' and the second I graduate, I'm banning it from my vocabulary. I'm not even joking. (ETA: I stuck to it, I haven't used the word assignment since I graduated in July.)
- I'm addicted to twitter. It's not good... You know it's bad too when 'real life' friends begin following you on twitter. That makes for awkward conversations about who this 'Anna' is, and what's 'Dlaley'?
- My Author's notes are more like diary entries. They produce a few giggles when I read them back, that's for sure.
-My kindle was the best investment I've made in a long time. I've been introduced to so many books I wouldn't have known existed otherwise. Some of my favourites being; Nick Spalding, Dina Silver, Mhari McFarlane among others. There's always the trusty Nicholas Sparks too ;)
- I adore music. My music taste has differed in the last few months and years, but the foundations of any day is my Country music - I genuinely think it's the story that each song tells. It just does something to me. Then of course I'm a fan of the general mainstream music too. My iPod has quite the random spread.
I try and make a point of reviewing a story when I read it. That is kind of becoming harder to do with my schedule, but if I have read it, I usually bookmark it (or leave it in my inbox) and go back... I know how much effort and time it takes - and guts- to post something, and sometimes it's nice (who am I kidding, of course it's nice) to receive a DECENT review on what someone liked and why they liked it. How much energy does it take for you to write out a two minute review when a person could have spent something like five hours writing that chapter? And something more than 'I loved it.' In comparison it's nothing and literally makes the author's day. I know it has made mine - getting a wonderful review with something constructive or complimentary - On a shitty day... It really its a huge pick me up. It doesn't cost anything, and I know when I review I feel better for it. That could be my OCD niggling at me though.
Now, see... not that exciting, and I'm not sure why I told y'all stuff you could have lived a perfectly fine life without knowing but you know, whatever, it's however long of your life you can't get back... But at least you know me a little better. See, a silver lining to every cloud.
Happy reading! xD