Author has written 16 stories for Stargate: SG-1, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, x-men, Inheritance Cycle, and Avengers.
My name is Jonathan and I am a full time electrical engineer. I'm 26 years old. I have two Bachelors of Science degrees, one in Electro-Mechanical Engineering and a second bachelors with a dual major in Physics and Math. I seem to write more fanfiction these days than I read. Fanfiction writing relaxes me greatly.
My favorite works of fiction are Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Harry Potter, the Inheritance Cycle, X-Men, Justice League (I like Superman/Wonder Woman stories), Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Iron-Man, Avatar, Battlestar Galactica 2003, Smallville, Star Wars, Star Trek (Enterprise and Voyager), Buffy, Firefly, the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, Lord of the Rings, Andromeda, Lie To Me, Burn Notice, Resident Evil, Terminator, Legend of the Seeker, Alien, The Lorien Legacies series, The Dragonriders of Pern series, Sanctuary, Supernatural, Charmed, Merlin (BBC series), The Big Bang Theory, The Dresden Files, and many more.
Important: If the universe you're interested in isn't on my Favorites list then I won't write a cross with it so don't ask (especially Naruto, Bleach, or anything anime related). I also don't need anymore plot bunnies or suggestions on where to take my stories so nobody needs to message me for this purpose. I have plenty of comments from my muse as it is. If the story is being posted then I have already finished it. Therefore your suggestions will do no good. Also don't contact me about writing video or computer game universes. All it does is piss me off.
The first story I published on this site is called Balance. It's my first story that actually satisfied me enough to publish (3 others weren't so lucky). I discovered in the process that I'm not very good at dialogue so a lot of that story is in third person but I think it's still a pretty good read. I basically went through the Harry Potter books in the first eight chapters or so (there isn't much SG-1 in that time) and then went onto SG-1 and eventually Atlantis. I tried to fill in any plot holes or aspects of the show and books that just didn't seem to make sense to my friends and I in both universes. I do realize that the writers of SG-1 had to make some situations like that or they never would have gotten ten seasons out of the show. If you recognize any ideas or concepts similar to yours in my fic (SG-1/HP crossover writers) thank you for the idea and please take it as a compliment that I felt you had a fantastic idea. Anybody else feel free to take and use ideas from my story.
I will warn you that there is some implied fem/fem slash in this story but nothing explicit. Also there are roughly one or two sentences about implied incest between Fleur and her sister. If these offend you don't read. I will ignore your message if you flame me but I will gladly accept messages that provide constructive criticism. But realize that I've had hundreds of thousands of hits on this story so most anything you can criticize has been criticized before. Thank you for reading my story.
I should also mention that if you don't know much about Stargate you will probably be lost after chapter eight or so because the rest of the fic relies on knowledge of most of the episodes of Stargate. If you still want to read Gateworld or IMDB would be good resources. If you like a lot of dialogue this fic is not for you. This fic takes place in an AU and builds upon some initial changes that occur in Harry's childhood and develops them from there, year by year through Hogwarts and episode by episode through Stargate. Thanks again for reading my fic.
I created a Facebook group called:
The purpose of this group is to allow for sometimes easier communication between my readers and myself and to allow you to talk to other like minded fanfiction readers. It's also there for any author who wants to post news about updates to their fics.
In Harry Potter- Harry/Hermione (Harmony), Harry/Tonks (Honks), Harry/Fleur (Hleur), Harry/Lily, Harry/Susan Bones, Harry/Daphne Greengrass. I can stomach Harry/Ginny and even like it a bit if it's well written.
In X-Men- Logan/Jean or Harry/Jean if it's a HP/X-Men cross
In Stargate- Daniel/Sam, Cam/Vala or Vala/Teal'c (I've also thought about a Teal'c/Sam pairing but have never read that pairing)
In HP/SG crossovers- Harry/Sam, and Harry/all of the other gorgeous females from the stargate verse (I'm currently publishing such a fic, Path, and it has over 150 smut scenes)
In Smallville- Clark/Chloe, Clark/Lois, Clark/Alicia Baker, Clark/Kyla Willowbrook, and any combination of these with multiple women
Anything with Jean Grey as long as the guy isn't an idiot. Most of my other universes are crossovers with Harry Potter. Harry usually ends up as the main character so I usually pair him with the hot women. This should explain my pairings for the rest of my universes.
One more note on pairings. I dislike any Hermione/Ron pairings. I dislike Ron as a character. One very entertaining and amazing fic is 101 Ways to Kill Ron Weasley which can be found in my favorites.
My general policy is that I hate abandoned fics. To avoid these I don't publish my fics until they are completed. As a result I have a folder containing over 20 of my unfinished works. This isn't because they are all necessarily abandoned (because a few are) but because I tend to bounce around a lot and hope to bounce back to old stories some day.
My Rules of Fanfiction that should be made into conventions:
1) Time travel and memory loss for the main character do not mix.
2) Always make sure there are no grammar or spelling errors in your summary. This is meant to attract people to your fic. It probably means your whole story has these things if they are in your summary.
3) Never publish an abandoned fic, people will hate you (especially if it was good).
4) If it's under 10,000 words don't bother to publish it:
a)Exception 1: Unless it has some good smut.
b)Exception 2: Unless it's a HP/Stargate crossover (there are never enough of these).
c)Exception 3: Unless you're damn sure it's good.
d)Exception 4: Unless it's a sequel or a prequel to a longer fic.
5) You can never go wrong with a good travel to alternate reality fic (it's reality people, not dimension. There are 10 or so dimensions in each reality/universe).
6) Dumbledore and Ron Weasley should die! Preferably in some horrible and gruesome way involving lots of pain and maybe a pair of needle nosed pliers.
7) Memory loss in general is a bad plot tool. If the main character forgets how will anything be different from canon (and don't give me that instinct shit)
8) If in doubt about the quality of your fic write a bunch of smut and label it PWP (porn without plot for newbies). Ficwad and Adultfanfiction will always welcome you with open arms.
9) You can also never go wrong with some good time travel mixed with smut and ass kicking. People will love you. The people that don't and bitch are the same ones who bitch about everything in their pathetic little lives.
10) Angst/Tragedy should not be a genre. It's like saying come read my fic and get yourself all depressed and sad. If you are thinking about writing this genre go take some happy pills and turn that frown upside down. If that doesn't help get yourself laid. Then write a comedy, romance, or adventure fic instead.
11) Don't end your fic with anything less than a happy ending. Real life is shitty enough as it is. People read fiction to escape real life. Explore your deepest dreams and fantasies in your writing. Give it a wonderfully happy ending and they will keep coming back for more and love you.
12) Flamers: Go to hell! People who take 5 pages in an email to send us flames need to burn in the deepest darkest pits of hell. When you read the tortures I'm going to write for senator Kinsey in my latest fic I'm thinking of you. It's hard enough to publish something on here for thousands of people to read without you assholes putting writers down. Only hit that review button if you actually have something that is considered constructive criticism. Otherwise don't even bother messaging.
More to come when somebody new pisses me off.
I've decided to post the following links because I've noticed a few authors do this and it greatly helped me when I first discovered fanfiction four years ago. The following links are to other fanfiction sites.
This site (above) allows smut and is pretty well organized. I have most of my smut fics published there. (My profile and stories on this site are here)
This site (above) has a lot of Harry Potter fanfics and not much else. There is a lot of smut but the site has very poor organization. It's still worth a look.
This site (above) has a lot of Stargate fanfics. There are some smut works here as well with pretty decent organization.
This site (above) is primarily a Buffy the vampire slayer fanfic site but has many crossovers as well. It's an awesome site that allows smut and is pretty organized. It also has the feature of allowing you view the entire story on one page so you can save it easily. If you are an author considering publishing on this site it is probably more hassle than it is worth. It's a pain in the ass to put fics on there.
This site (above) is also another primarily Buffy one but also mixes with other genres. It contains smut as well and decent organization. It doesn't have as many stories as the previous one.
This site (above) is pretty well organized and has some pretty good fics. It's a bit harder to use the search engine to narrow down your search but you'll get there.
This site (above) is probably the best site for Harry/Hermione pairings. I spent quite a few years exploring this site. In general the search engine sucks but the site has some really good fics.
This site (above) is the first fanfic site I came across and the one I used the most before I started to turn away from the Harry/Ginny pairing. Not a bad site but the search engine leaves much to be desired.
This site (above) is a good site for smut fics as the name implies. I will warn you to be careful or you could get a weird one that will horrify you more than 2 girls 1 cup. For instance I accidentally read a fic the other day where it started out as some nice m/f straight smut and then turned into slash with a diaper fetish. Please I urge all slash writers to list that their fic is slash. Even if you don't have slash but it can be called into question by the summary say no slash. More people might read your fic if there is no question.
This site (above) is a pretty good place to find interesting fics. Updates come more often than some other sites. I post on this site as well as hpfanficarchive when it comes to smut. (My profile and stories on this site are located here)
Seraglio is a companion site to Lu's personal site which is devoted to harem fics. There are several good fics on Seraglio both by Lu and another good author, Red Jacobson. There are a few other authors posting there currently as well. The site is dedicated to relationships involving either Xander based fics or Harry Potter based fics. No male/male slash fics are allowed.
I don't get on ficdom that often but there are a few good reads if you look throughout the site.
This site is sorted by author for the most part and contains some really good reads. Jbern has a major presence on this site. All of this amazing author's works are worth the perusal.
Literotica is another good smut story site. In comparison to xnxx, Literotica tends to have better grammar and spelling but at the same time the collection on Literotica is less...diverse. xnxx authors don't hold back.
The fiction on storiesonline is mainly original with very little fanfiction in sight. But most often these works of many authors are worth the read.
I recently have rediscovered this site. I don't remember much about it from when I first discovered it but sometime since then it has apparently grown as large as hpfanficarchive with higher standards.
Two further quick notes:
1) If you are going to PM me and expect a reply make sure you don't have PM disabled. I've had this happen twice now. If you are expecting a reply and you don't get one this is likely what has happened. I always try and reply to PMs.
2) Gamers, stop bugging me about writing game universes. I do not play games so I will not be writing universes about games. This includes Mass Effect. I've gotten quite a few PMs about writing an ME universe. This will not happen! The author Leonineus has started a Path crossover with ME called Lightning Among the Stars. He will do ME far more justice than I could without having played any of the games.