Author has written 84 stories for Supernatural.
My thing: Supernatural.
For those of you who are interested, my black labrador, Nelson, is three and half years old, and still just as loving and sweetly mischievous as ever.
1) I am British and therefore I WILL use so called "Britishisms" from time to time. English is our language (its from ENGLAND - clue's in the title, as they say) and we had it first so swivel on it mate! Webster can roll about in his grave all he bloody well likes, but the fact remains: he couldn't spell!
2) Sarcastic anonymous/guest reviews will be ruthlessly culled, so choose your words wisely. Put it this way, if I can't defend myself by writing back to you, then your review will be canned.
3) I have no patience with cowards who post bitchy, useless, anonymous reviews, or stupid rhetorical questions, just for the sake of it. It doesn't make you BETTER than me, just more petty and pathetic.
So have some balls, for Christ sake, and sign in. The fandom could at least respect you for that!
4) Please DO NOT ask me to beta read. I am not down on the site as a beta reader and it's something I just prefer not to do for personal reasons. Also, given my recent health issues, I just don't have the time or energy for it.
5) I do not believe in 'tit for tat' reviewing. So please DO NOT send me messages, asking me to read and review your stories. These are nothing short of 'begging letters'; they are annoying, cheeky (not in a good way) and I will not reply. When I get the time, I surf the site for stories I choose to read, but I will not review just because another author thinks I 'owe' them a review. It is NOT good practice.
6) Shame that recent events show that I have to effectively repeat myself, but here goes:
If you refuse to sign in, and just leave guest reviews, please do not ask questions or make requests. I cannot answer guest reviews since they are, effectively, anonymous, so have a brain cell eh? And think before you post...
Really, really sad that I even have to mention that the once, let alone several times in my profile, and yet I just know people will carry on being stupid. I'm a great believer in democracy and freedom of speech, but sometimes I really friggin worry about some of you...
On a lighter note...
You can find some fantastic artwork for Hunter of the Shadows Book 2: Hunter Rising by clicking on this link to the artist Winchester-grl44, and heading to the lady's homepage on Live Journal:
Also check out my best mate's artwork for Supernatural and non-supernatural related stuff. She's an excellent up and coming artist, and we hope to see more of her work in the furture...
Drop by on both her links above and let her know what you think.
My pen name is taken from the song SKAG TRENDY by The View (album: Hats off to the buskers) an excellent rock band from Scotland.
Proud member of CWESS (Coalition for the Written Enhancement of Sam's Story)
You can follow my madness on Twitter under @skagtrendy37 if you feel like you need a bit of a laugh and/or insanity in your life. I've usually got something stupid to say about life in general.
Personal quote (talking to my mates one night when I was very drunk):
I'm always confused.
I have spent my entire life in a perpetual state of confusion.
I like it there 'cos I know what to expect.
And I know I'll be confused by it.
I have absolutely no interest in or understanding of fashion - I once thought Abercrombie and Fitch was a Scottish Venereal Disease. My entire wardrobe consists of scruffy jeans and amusing teeshirts, or at least I think they're amusing but then I have a tendency to laugh at my own jokes.
Once took up Wicca 'cos I thought it might be fun, until I discovered that it actually wasn't the art of carefully constructed shoes and garden furniture.
Large buildings, heights, wasps and, for some strange reason, Punch and Judy shows scare the shite out of me. Whenever I see a clown I want to shoot it, and mime artists...oh yeah, I'm sure they're very clever and talented and probably really nice people when you get to know them, maybe go for a drink down the pub...
...nope I just want to shoot them. Or offer them subtitles perhaps.
I'm quarter Irish, small part Scot, my Great-Grandfather was Spanish on my mother's side...and alot English, I'm afraid
Possibly mad, certainly a few screws loose. Once went out with a guy who owned a Triumph Spitfire...not sure I should have owned up to that one really. Ah well.
Big fan of Top Gear; love Clarkson, Hamster and Captain Slow, and really really want to cuddle Top Gear Dog 'cos she's just so cool!
I was born in 1974, and now I have a mental age of about 18, with the dirty mind to match.
You could speculate that I'm in a premature second childhood, but you'd be wrong. I've always been that way and I'm bloody proud of it.
I swear alot; it's my release. Get over it.
I work for the States of Jersey emergency services in the Channel Islands, though I'm originally from Essex in the UK.
A big branch of my family, including my Grandmother, live in Perth Australia, my parents are a couple of Globetrotters, and my big sister Honey Almazar lives in Los Angeles with husband Charlie, daughter Helena and Golden Retriever Lilly; Honey is a dance teacher and performer as well as being the co-artistic director of the Santa Monica Comtemporary Ballet company. She's pretty cool, not to mention a very busy lady.
That's pretty much it about me. Well, as much as you need to know right now...
My name is Skag Trendy...
...I'd like to talk to you.
|Community:||The Winchester Werewolf Chronicles: Shades Of Night.|
|Focus:||TV Shows Supernatural|