Author has written 1 story for Harry Potter.
"He must have felt that he had lost the old warm world, paid a high price for living too long with a single dream."
-The Great Gatsby (page 161)
I have deleted and reposted my story Acceptance after all after all the trouble it's been giving me. Now that I'm off to a fresh start I'm going to get things back into motion and update on a regular basis.
Just a few things about me...
Hobbies: tap dancing, swimming, cross country, drawing, writing, reading, gardening, going to various museum exhibits, hiking with my dog, making futile attempts to cook
Interests: history, myths/fairytales and where they come from, english literature, medicinal and environmental biology, languages (hoping to soon start learning latin)
Favorite Music: The Shins, Joshua Radin, Iron & Wine, Elliott Smith, Matt Costa, Cat Power, Coldplay, Cary Brothers, Jason Mraz, Colin Hay, Frou Frou, Simon and Garfunkel, Joseph Arthur, Nick Drake, Danny Elfman, The Beatles, John Williams, Queen, Joe Hisashi, Jack Johnson, Rachel Yamagata, Andrew Bird, Regina Spektor
Favorite Books: The Gift of Nothing (Patrick Mcdonnell), anything by Cornelia Funke, anything by Eva Ibboston, Redwall series (Brian Jaques), Anne of Green Gables (Montgomery), Snow Flower and the Secret Fan (Lisa See), Pilgrim (Timothy Findley), Regeneration (Pat Barker), Girl With a Pear Earring (Tracy Chevalier), Ice Queen (Alice Hoffman), The Secret Garden (Frances Hodgson Burnett), The Chronicles of Chrestomanci Volume I (Diana Wynne Jones), Harry Potter series (God), The Immortal series (Tamora Pierce), The Lioness series (Tamora Pierce), anything by Elizabeth George Speare, Homeless Bird (Gloria Whelan), Green Angel - if I had to pick a favorite book, it would be this one (Alice Hoffman), The Great Gatsby (F. Scott Fitzgerald), Bloody Jack series (L.A Meyer), Eragon series (Christopher Paolini), good historical fiction, The House of Scorpion (Nancy Farmer), and many, many, more...
Favorite Movies: My Fair Lady, V for Vendetta, Gone with the Wind, The Matrix, Finding Neverland, Miss Potter, anything written and directed by Hayo Miazaki, Garden State, The Sound of Music, Edward Scissorhands, The Birdcage, Les Choristes, The Road Home, A Room with a View, most anything from The Merchant Ivory collection, Casino Royale, Capote, The Secret Garden, Sense and Sensibility, Nowhere in Africa, Good Will Hunting, Gilmore Girls, Something the Lord Made, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, Mary Poppins, Hidalgo, Doctor Zhivago, Anne of Green Gables TV series, The King of Hearts, Mostly Martha, The English Patient, House M.D
Favorite Actors: Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter, Johnny Depp, Colin Firth, Leonardo Di Caprio, Natalie Portman, Kate Winslet, Hugh Grant, Jean Baptiste Maurier, Kristin Scott Thomas, Hugh Laurie
Things I absolutely hate: people who talk loudly in the library, people who walk extremely slowly, people who don't care about the environment, most Republicans, parents who think they know absolutely everything, people who depend sorely on others to entertain themselves, chicken, that old lady on the bus who told me to turn the music down when my iPod wasn't even on, those small birds that sit right outside my window and sing shrilly when I'm trying to sleep, that librarian that catches me eating my lunch every single time in the library, that I constantly lose all my bookmarks, guys that are so immature it's not even funny
1) My lucky number is 7. I was born on July 7th, (July is the 7th month of the year) and I weighed 7 pounds and 7 ounces.
2) My two favorite things in the world to do are a) lay on my bed at night, close my eyes, and listen to the rain outside and b) very early in the morning or very late at night, go to the park when no one is there and swing on the swings meant only for little kids for hours
3) My dream in life is to save up enough money so that someday I will be able to buy a small house in the remote countryside for me to reside in and continue writing.
4) My favorite Harry Potter book is The Order of the Phoenix. My favorite Harry Potter character is Snape.
5) I'm fluent in french, english, and spanish. (Though I have a horrible spanish accent)
6) I'm extremely independent and quite anti social. (But I love writing to people, just not talking to them face to face)
7) My favorite thing to wear is are my PJs when they're fresh out of the dryer.
1) I hate it when people don't finish stories, especially when they're really good.
2) My favorite thing to read is a fanfic where Snape is completely in character. Doesn't matter what the plot line, or the circumstances. So far my two favorites are 'Heart Over Mind' by Regann and 'Stronger Than Hope' by Alaunatar.
3) As much as I like 'Heart Over Mind', I don't really enjoy reading Snape/Hermione fics. It just seems so improbable. I'm more into Snape/Harry, general, not slash. I especially like Snape mentors Harry but doesn't get too cutesy fics.
4) I hate Severitus (where Snape secretly turns out to be Harry's father) fics. I don't know why. I just hate them.
5) I don't particularly like Dumbledore-turns-evil fics either. Sure, you know he's made mistakes in the past, but that doesn't make him an evil psycho manipulating maniac.
6) Stories where the author's dig deep into Voldemort's personality to me are fascinating. I very strongly believe that there is no such thing as black and white, only many shades of gray. Evil is perspective. Lunalelle's Abyss and Ascent are wonderful for those into that kind of stuff.
7) My next fanfiction will hopefully have Snape and an OC as the main characters. However as my story would take place after the war I really need an answer to the question: If Snape had lived through the war, what would he have done? Please message me if you would like to share your answer to this question. I'd be very interested in your ideas.
Q: What made you choose to write a story about Eloise Midgen of all people?
A: As my friend 'The Zazu' so well put it in her fic 'Eloise', Eloise Midgen is "a bit of the wallflower in school. So many of the students at Hogwarts have such distinct personalities, that the idea of her, a perfectly average witch, tended to fade at the edges." Couldn't have put it better myself. Anyways. I chose to use her as the main character in my story because I am exactly like that. With all the people in my school and all their vibrant personalities, I'm usually referred to as a quiet shy girl in the sidelines. I hate when in fanfiction, the authors make the characters OC. Since I find my personality similar to Eloise, and she has almost no background, I think it will be relatively easy for me to write her.
Q: Are you planning on writing any other stories now?
A: No, sorry. Acceptance is a novel length story, and I don't intend to start another story before finishing it.
Thanks for reading! I'm truly flattered if you've gotten this far.
AMaskNamedEntity, you are wonderful. Merci for the lovely socks.