Author has written 6 stories for Twilight.
I’m a 30 year-old registered nurse who enjoys reading in my free time. My favorite genres include fantasy, sci-fi, young adult, new adult, romance, paranormal, and drama. I’m a huge Potterhead (Harry Potter fanatic) and try not to compare everything in life to it. I started reading Harry Potter fanfiction way back in 2006 and that gradually phased in to Twilight fanfiction in 2008 and some dabbling into Star Wars fanfic in 2010. Java Chip Frappuccinos and Hot Spice Chai Tea Lattes are my favorite Starbucks drinkss!
My name is Kristen and I was born on September 8th. I’ve been working as a nurse for about seven years, going from third shift (midnights) to second (afternoon) and back to third. It took my body a while to get used to the sleeping schedule and occasionally it gets really out of whack, but I prefer the less-chaotic, more-paperwork time. Plus my midnight co-workers are great to work with (most of them).
I’m currently in school continuing my education and climbing up the ‘health care ladder’, so to speak. Eventually I’d like to focus my degree in Public Health but that’s a ways down the road. I carry a notebook around with me everywhere to jot down ideas when they pop into my head.
My birthplace is Mobile, Alabama. I was born into a military family and traveled around the United States a lot, so I definitely have a taste for visiting other places. I try to take at least one big trip a year (more than two states away) whether I drive or fly. It’s probably a habit I’ll keep the rest of my life.
I got married in May of this year (2016) we bought a house together last year, also in May. I would say that now I've settled down in northern Michigan. :)
We have one cat, Bella. She is an all black domestic short-haired kitty who is shy with strangers but is my little shadow. She has to be wherever I am (even trying to get in the shower) and will be trying to fit her way into curling up on my lap despite whatever I’m doing.
I don’t have much experience with writing, the most being college essays and journal entries. I’ll plan and plan and plan until I think I’m done, but then I find something else to plan or research. This applies to both my writing and personal life – working on outlines or our next vacation, etc.
One could say I’m a dreamer!
When I’m not daydreaming or working I immerse myself in the lives of fictional characters via books, movies, or television shows. A few being Grey’s Anatomy, Game of Thrones, The Mortal Instruments Series, Harry Potter Series, and the Star Wars Saga. I’m inspired by the path one takes from introduction through their arc until resolution. Happily-ever-afters are preferable but I’m okay with the end result being a calm in the characters’ life.
Disney fairy-tales are always a source of comfort and I still watch them from time to time. My favorite princesses are Mulan, Belle, and Pocahontas. They all possess character traits I love, such as independence, women empowerment, and looking beyond appearances to the person within.
Kristen [Scrubs & Lattes]
Project Team Beta is a fantastic resource. If you need a beta, contact them. If you have mad beta skills others could benefit from, contact them. Also The Writer's Collective, previously Fictionista Workshop, is great for those who need critiques on WIP and completed original stories looking to possibly publish.
Banner made by me for Changing The Monster Within.
Banner made for The Boy is Mine.
Banner made for For All Seasons.
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.
the best love is the kind that weakens the soul, and makes us reach for more, puts pints of fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds - From The Notebook
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent. – Eleanor Roosevelt
“Love is when you look into someone’s eyes and go all the way into their soul, and you both know … instantly.” – Unknown
“Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.” - George Carlin
“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.” - Albert Einstein
“You don’t have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.” - C. S. Lewis
1. Number - 7
2. Color – Deep purples, creams, and greys
3. Day - Friday
4. Month – May & October
5. Song – Don't Let Me Down - The Chainsmokers & Daya
6. Food – Macaroni and Cheese (yumm!!) or any type of pasta
7. Sport – Football and Basketball (watching); Swimming, Volleyball, and Basketball (playing)
8. Drink – soda: Mt. Dew or Diet Coke alcohol: Jäger Bombs, Margaritas, and Lemon Drops wine: Barefoot Moscato or Moscato D'Asti Castello Del Poggio beer/hard ciders: Bud Light, Miller Lite, Redd's Apple Ale, Angry Orchar
9. Candy – Sour Gummy Worms, skittles, or peanut butter twix
10. Ice Cream – Anything with chocolate, peanut butter, or caramel
11. Season – Fall
12. Band – The Chainsmokers, Adele, Meghan Trainor, Sia, Shawn Mendes, Linkin Park, Evanescence
13. Movie – Harry Potter movies, Twilight movies, Spiderman series, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, Tristan and Isolde, Mulan movies, Chronicles of Narnia movies, etc.
14. Websites – Facebook, Pinterest, Wordpress blogs
15. Animal – any types of cats (preferably with medium or short hair)
16. Item of Clothing – sweatshirts, sweatpants, t-shirts, and pajama pants
17. Place – my new hometown
1. My ex... 's life is going nowhere while mine keeps looking up
2. Maybe I should... actually write instead of plan so much
3. I love... my husband and the Fall season
4. People would say that I'm... intelligent, friendly, and helpful
5. I don't understand... why schools are making it so much harder and expensive to get a degree
6. When I wake up in the morning... [evenings for me!] I lay there for a few minutes before getting up
7. I lost... my favorite sneakers and body wash while traveling on separate occasions
8. Life is full of... ups and downs
9. My past is... complex but got me to where I am today
10. I get annoyed when... I’m stuck behind a slow driver. (At least go the speed limit!)
11. Parties are... overrated and hard to plan
12. I wish... I was done with school
13. Dogs... are fun
14. Cats...are cuddly
15. Tomorrow... is a new day!
16. I have low tolerance... for arrogant people who get what they don't deserve or make themselves out to be more than they are
17. If I had a million dollars... I would pay for college, buy off our house, get new cars for both of us, pay off our debt, invest, and save
18. I'm totally terrified... of breaking something when I fall on the ice, which is nearly every winter