Author has written 13 stories for Total Drama series.
Some are born to sweet delight and others born to endless night. - John Morrison
Hi I'm Seth, and as my name suggests, I love the Total Drama series and Wrestling.
Wrestling - My first love, having been a fan since the cool Attitude Era days when we had Stone Cold Steve Austin, "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson, Shawn Michaels and the Undertaker. Great days those days were with all the entertainment and in-ring action. Today, I watch both WWE and TNA. I have too many favourite wrestlers to list, but of all the upstarts, John Morrison would have to be the best, following not far behind is the former Elijah Burke, the Pope D'Angelo Dinero.
Total Drama Island/Action/World Tour - This show promised drama, and it did deliver drama. Ever since, I've been hooked. Atypical of the standard cartoon, this show crosses the line, and it is for the better. The producers don't hold back with the barfing, Brokeback Mountain and boobies. The Total Drama series truly deserves its place in my favourites.
Sports- Like all Americans in general, I love basketball, baseball and football. As for others, I think soccer would be my greatest interest.
That's all I have to say about myself. Given that I support the Suns, Cardinals and Diamondbacks, I think everyone should know where I'm from.
Fav. Wrestlers (Current, in no particular order)
CM Punk (Entertaining as a wrestler, showman and announcer, CM Punk is an all-rounded WWE superstar)
John Morrison (Pretty self-explanatory, great in-ring style and speaker, but he is in serious need of changing his shtick. For example make him a heel parkour guy that is reckless and injures people with his parkour moves. Anything but the current average Joe gimmick would be an upgrade)
John Cena (Regardless of what the fans think about him, he's still one of the top showmen today and can also deliver good matches with a variety of opponents, like Umaga (RIP) and HBK)
Randy Orton (Randy has been in top form this year with a boatload of good matches. And it's not a fluke, he was great since 2004)
Undertaker (A mobile big man who has constantly bettered himself, and is one of the most versatile today)
Kane (After enduring various poor characters and losing to people he should have beaten, he is finally on the top of the world again- Well that didn't last, did it?)
The Miz (After years of ridicule, he has finally gotten to the top, and I think he deserves it. Great promo man, and quietly improving in the ring as well)
Santino Marella (People debate over the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time, but there is only one greatest Intercontinental Champion of all the times!)
Mark Henry (Old Mizark deserves to be on this list, not because he has been with WWE for 15 years, but he has become an unstoppable force. He's like a dormant volcano, and when he is in the spotlight you can see why he lasts longer than the likes of Great Khali)
Edge (The Rated R superstar, like him or not, is one of the best villains post-Attitude Era. However, he does not work well as a face.)
Sheamus (The Great White rounds off this list for the vast improvement he has shown since a dreadful second run with the WWE Title. Besides, this man is up to great things.)
Zack Ryder (We're Up To Eleven with the Long Island Iced Z. You Serious, Bro? Yup, I'm serious.)
Total Drama Character Countdown (Updated as of 12/10/11- great number)
24. Sadie- Irritating and has no athletic ability, unlike Katie.
23. LeShawna- In TDI LeShawna was one of the better characters and earned my respect. That changed in TDA, where her character was ruined like many others. She never recovered. In TDWT, she cost her team victory by beating up Heather after she defeated the latter (really, was it neccessary?) And I know she's African-Canadian, but the street slang got repetitive and distasteful after a while. (I'm talking to you too, DaCoolStoryBro, if you ever return)
22. Tyler- There's nothing special about him, he is scared of chickens (lame), and became virtually irrelevant after Phobia Factor. In fact he was so forgotten that he didn't even speak in TDA. Despite one moment in which he broke the fourth wall, his TDWT participation was forgettable.
21. Courtney- Vickie Guerrero Dos. That's all you need to know.
20. Beth- Beth was, despite the best efforts of The Kobold Necromancer and Winter-Rae, a character that offered very little to the series. Sure, it felt good to see her make it all the way to the end in TDA, but she was a background character for the better part. Needless to say, she has fallen off the radar when TDWT came around.
19. Trent- He was cool in TDI, but then he became crazy and that caused his character to suffer. By TDWT he had degenerated into a jerk, completing the burial of a once great character.
18. Owen- I would rather see his fat farting rear get kicked off early in TDWT. In TDA, he made no less than 2 poor decisions that cost fan favorites Lindsay and Harold the game. When he returned, he voted off Courtney, despite the fact that someone with immunity cannot be voted off. Then when there was the opportunity to vote off Courtney, he voted off Harold to save his sorry ass. Nevertheless, he improved in TDWT.
17. Alejandro- Classic example of "jumping the shark". Alejandro was cool when he started and it seemed like he would be the new Narcissus. However, creative was so desperate to create a new threat that they bungled the opportunity. I mean, he is athletic, is excellent with the ladies and has an IQ of 163? STU ALERT! They put so much faith in him that he actually won TDWT, which was why they had to perform the awful Star Wars ending.
16. Eva- At first, I thought the girl needed to loose up. She did in her own way in the first Aftermath, but soon became insignificant in subsequent episodes. Nevertheless, the effort to change is laudable.
15. Justin- Justin is up here because of the efforts of a certain user that many know about now. You can find him in the M section, where he makes fun of Alejandro. Justin has never felt like a breath of fresh air in ages.
14. Katie- The stronger of the two EEEEEEEEEE twins, Katie is more athletic, but unfortunately has the same IQ as her BFFFL.
13. Geoff- Used to be the cool party guy, but he had no reason to act like a lame Chris ripoff in TDA. Like Justin, not suited to be a villain. However, he has returned to his goofy shtick since. He may rank an unlucky 13th, but that's a compliment.
12. DJ- The big man has potential for character development, but in each season he has always been criminally underused. Nevertheless, he remains one of the few that stay true to his/her character. But then again, a brawny coward isn't that hard to portray.
11. Harold- His conflict with Duncan in TDI and TDA resulted in a lot of laughter, and he managed to give Courtney what she deserved ever since day 1 of TDI: elimination.
10. Duncan- D is for disappointing. Not you, DJ, but Duncan. D is also for degeneration. Basically, Duncan's character degenerated so much throughout the series that now he's just not himself. Yes, the old Duncan was brash and entertaining, but he didn't treat relationships like a joke. But now he does. Despite being a sell-out, Duncan continues to provide entertainment.
9. Gwen- Gwen was a great character in TDI, but her downfall began in TDA where she and Trent broke up and were quickly shooed out. In TDWT, she lost her personality and rationality in the DxG fiasco.
8. Ezekiel- Ezekiel has become like the American Samoan national football team- a perennial whipping boy. Does he deserve it? Heck no, but I'm getting worn out by our authors' attempts to over-compensate for his lack of participation. Redemption? Join NXT then, our Wakanawa Iced Z.
7. Sierra- My like for certain characters sink in slowly, and Sierra is a classic example. Everyone hated on the idea of an uber obsessive fangirl, but to me it was a breath of fresh air. Granted, she started to annoy me in the early going, but didn't go overboard and became one of the funnier characters in the series- Unlike someone that starts with "A" and ends with "o". Alberto Del Rio? Buzz, wrong answer.
6. Cody- An entertaining character. I enjoyed his interaction with Gwen in the original series, and thus it was a bummer when he did not qualify for the sequel. Nevertheless, amends have been made in TDWT.
5. Bridgette- Basically defies the typical dumb blonde stereotype by being smart and yet still kind to everyone. This is why I can't understand why the producers are killing her character slowly. A tad Sue-ish for my liking though.
4. Izzy- Everyone's favorite psycho that never fails to bring laughter with her wildness. However, she comes back too often, therefore she was never a viable threat for the cash money and this holds her back.
3. Heather- Total Drama's first ever antagonist gets her favorite number 3 in this countdown. Why not? Out of all the characters, she got the best character development. In fact, apart from a brief slip during TDA, she was one of the consistently best.
2. Lindsay- Her IQ is so insignificant but that's what we all love about Lindsay. Not the sharpest tool in the shed, yet able to make people laugh. And did I mention she was hot? Consistently one of the funnier and better characters of the series.
1. Noah- The guy who's most similar to John Morrison on the mic. He does not boast about his abs, but whatever comes out from his mouth is gold. Remember "My gold lab dog drools less over rib eye steak" in After the Dock of Shame? John Morrison would have been proud. And of course he's back in TDWT with more golden quotes! Sadly he was eliminated, but he once again made excellent use of whatever limited time he had. Speaking of which, Morrison and Noah should learn from each other, because where Noah lacks in athleticism, he is a decent talker.
List your twelve favorite Total Drama Island characters in no particular order
1. Have you ever read a Six/Eleven fic? Do you want to?
Ezekiel/Sierra. No, but it may pique my interest.
2. Do you think Four is hot? How hot?
That's a rhetorical question. Of course! 11/10, she definitely has outer beauty and inner beauty as well.
3. What would happen if Twelve got Eight pregnant?
A Harold/Cody pregnancy fic? It's worse than Breaking Dawn!
4. Can you recall any fics about Nine?
Being one of the main characters of the show, of course.
5. Would Two and Six make a good couple?
Duncan/Ezekiel. No, I don't approve of yaoi.
6. Five/Nine or Five/Ten? Why?
DJ/Heather over DJ/Gwen. Both are great, but DJ/Heather works better for me.
7. What would happen if Seven walked in on Two and Twelve having sex?
Delight for Izzy, no delight for me.
8. Make up a summary for a Three/Ten fic.
How did a Goth and tree hugger, on opposite sides of the popularity spectrum, become best friends (or something more, winks evilly)?
9. Is there any such thing as One/Eight fluff?
@#&%^&*! The thought of it is just horrifying.
10. Suggest a title for a Seven/Twelve hurt/comfort fic.
11. If you wrote a Song-fic about Eight, what song would you choose?
Aplenty, "Blind" by Lifehouse would be best.
12. If you wrote a One/Six/Twelve fic, what would the warning be?
Warning: Sarcasm, "eh"s and "Boobies!" aplenty.
13. When was the last time you read a fic about Five?
A few weeks ago.
14. "(1) and (7) are in a happy relationship until (9) runs off with (4). (1), brokenhearted, has a hot one-night stand with (11) and a brief unhappy affair with (12), then follows the wise advice of (5) and finds true love with (3).
Noah and Izzy are in a happy relationship until Heather runs off with Lindsay. Noah, Brokenhearted, has a hot one night stand with Sierra and a brief unhappy affair with Harold, Then follows the wise advice of Alejandro and finds true love with Bridgette.
What title would you give this fic?
Noah's Ark of Love.
15. How would you feel if Seven/Eight was canon?
I would be thankful, as would Cody and Noah.
Hot pairings (Pairings that I absolutely adore)
Duncan/Bridgette- It's the classic good girl/bad boy pairing all over again, except that Bridgette does not whine about losing like the CIT, but still can clash with Duncan. And the more I explore into this pairing, the more sense it makes! Duncan has shown a soft spot for animals (DJ's Bunny and his pet tarantula, Scruffy), while Bridgette happens to love animals! And Bridgette is also one of the few to know about Duncan's soft spot for animals! I love Geoff/Bridgette, but Duncan/Bridgette, if it was enacted, would make my day. It would be a greater good girl/bad boy pairing than DxC.
Noah/Lindsay- Smart/dumb, in my opinion, is definitely much better than jock/cheerleader. Lindsay's dumbness is the perfect foil for Noah's smarts. This pairing could become gold if it was canon, but unfortunately they had to insert a cliche jock/cheerleader pairing in there.
DJ/Heather- As I mentioned above, I don't support jock/cheerleader. DJ's a jock, and Heather's a classic cheerleader. But this is totally different! While Heather does a good job at being the mean head cheerleader, DJ is a kind jock, so kind that even Heather can't resist hugging him! DJ needs some love too, and he would be perfect for bringing out the niceness of Heather.
Gwen/Trent- It's love at first sight, and I think they're very compatible, until TDA had to ruin it all. Come on, they barely got together six episodes ago! Trent was a great person in TDI and formed a cute couple with Gwen. Alas, they were the first victims of TDA's shoddy writing, and it hurt the couple so much that Trent is not even in the TDWT cast anymore, ruling any opportunities for Gwen/Trent out.
Geoff/Bridgette- It's another love at first sight couple here. Geoff was as nice, if not nicer than Trent in TDI, and this was another great coupling. Even though they constantly made out and then got eliminated for it, this may have been a blessing in disguise, considering most couples were hurt by a poor TDA. Of course, they were also comedic. Their pet names for each other made me laugh, which is what keeps the couple firmly in the like department.
Harold/LeShawna- May not be a major couple in Total Drama, but still was great. The way they hooked up (via Harold's haiku) was awesome, and cemented Harold's status as one of the main characters. Even though they were the first to break up officially, again like GxB it was a blessing in disguise.
Ezekiel/Bridgette- Even though it was only seen in After The Dock of Shame, but it was definitely hilarious. Ezekiel approached Bridgette in a way that was almost Cody-like, but of course like his tech geek buddy, it was comically repelled. This was enough, like the Noah quotes, to make a lasting impression and won't be lost on fans.
Cody/Sierra- Karma comes back to haunt Cody for his advances on Gwen in TDI, and what better way could it come, in the form of a hyperactive, violet-haired fangirl. It'll be interesting to see how the opposite gender makes the first move on Cody, rather than the reverse.
Geoff/Gwen- The original Camp TV couple, and a great couple at that. As seen in the tri-armed triathleton episode, Geoff can bring out the partygoer in Gwen, and Gwen could make Geoff more serious and smarter.
Ezekiel/Katie- A quiet favorite of mine. Country boy/city girl works great for me. Even though this pairing is not as popular yet, yet being the definitive word, it does have loads of potential.
Lindsay/Tyler- Every teen cartoon needs a jock/cheerleader couple, and this was it. They advanced quite swiftly, before it was Dock Of Shame time for Tyler. One-way relationships are never good, and this was always superfluous to me. However, with TDWT coming, I was finally won over by the focus on this couple.
Duncan/Courtney- In TDI, Courtney's constant denial of her relationship with Duncan kept us in suspense, and the blow-off certainly didn't disappoint. Besides, it led to one of the greatest lines in the history of Total Drama. However, TDA is another story. Once Courtney was geared up to be the next big antagonist, the relationship became silly. Courtney assaulted Duncan over insignificant detail and was jealous of his pet spider. You heard that right. Despite the debacle of TDA, a break-up was unwarranted and left a bad taste in my mouth.
Justin/Heather- Skillet Hero (as corny as the title sounded), was a story I truly enjoyed penning. I could see it transpire in reality, without it being too rushed or over-the-top.
Last but not least,
Ezekiel/Izzy- An Ezzy choice (no pun intended) to put here. Izzy is wild while Ezekiel is withdrawn after his slip in the first season. Perfecto for a great pairing, where Izzy takes Ezekiel through a world of unadulterated hilarity. One can never get bored with these two together, and once you've read one fic about them you won't be stopping anytime soon.
Not to forget the great yuri pairings:
Gwen/Bridgette- Once again, opposites attract. These two are best friends, which would have been impossible elsewhere. After all, one's a Goth and the other's a popular surfer girl. Considering that they hang out a lot, do you think they hang out in the... you know where.
Izzy/Sierra- Another natural choice. Sierra seems to have inherited Izzy's wild side, which of course makes the two wild girls friends. This makes for one crazy relationship, which would please me to no end.
Heather/Lindsay- Wonder why Lindsay was so close to Heather in TDI? It can't be due to her ditziness alone. Lindsay's outrage at Heather's betrayal possibly meant that these two were something more than friends.
Lukewarm pairings (Pairings that are fine, but not as great as those I like)
Noah/Katie- Several Notie fans will not be happy, but this is not the greatest Noah couple that was ever conjured. What Katie can do well in (being optimistic, and being an occasional airhead), Lindsay can do much better.
Cold pairings (Pairings that I don't like at all)
Evil pairings (Noah/Heather, Alejandro/Heather etc)- Boring! Villains always band together, it's not novel anymore. Especially AleHeather. If you like that couple, it's for one of these reasons (or both):
1- You were a Duncney fan and miss them together. Honestly I do, but that doesn't mean I'll accept a similar couple that easily.
2- You think Alejandro is HOT, so he must pair with Heather.
3- You need an excuse to create a Pitbull songfic. After all, why wouldn't Alejandro and Heather dance to "classics" with a bald Cuban dude spouting random Spanish phrases in the background? Seriously, whenever I hear Pitbull yell "Dale", the greatness of AleHeather comes to mind!
Beth/Harold- The writers realize Beth has nothing to do after Lindsay is kicked off. Thus, the "master plan" is to hook up Beth with the only other nerd remaining. It backfired horribly. Courtney vomited before she kissed Duncan, so the writers thought barf-covered Beth kissing Harold is good. What were they thinking? Needless to say, it was long forgotten by the end.
Owen/Izzy- It's the exact same situation as Beth/Harold. The writers realized Owen had nothing to do, so they paired him up with Izzy. In what was the prequel to the horrible Beth/Harold kiss, Owen proposed to Izzy, who ran off to vomit. That's what many viewers think of Owen. They feel like vomiting at his recurring fart gag. Easily outclassed by Ezekiel/Izzy.
Duncan/Gwen- Certain DxG fans claim that DxC is cliche. That confounds me, because while "good girl/bad boy" is overused, it beats "bad girl/bad boy" by a mile. These two make good friends, but hooking them up is meh. Compounded by the fact that how they got together was awful.
Yaoi- Being a perfectly straight male, I'm not a fan at all, even though I have double standards with yuri. The initial kiss shared between Noah and Cody was funny, but it became irritating when people paired them up. For the record, Noah and Cody are straight. Noah has flirted with Bridgette and shown interest in Lindsay and Katie, while Cody has a long list of females he would gladly pursue.
Likes- Rock, rap (not hip hop), R & B. Breaking Benjamin, Skillet, B.o.B., Bruno Mars, Three Days Grace, Lifehouse, Eminem , Kid Cudi, 30 Seconds To Mars, 3 Days Grace, blink-182 are those that dominate my playlist.
Kesha- I can understand why people like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, or even Rihanna. But why the heck do they like Kesha, when the only thing she does is produce mind-numbingly bad pop? The girl is horrible live, and tries very hard to be like Lady Gaga//Britney Spears when she doesn't get close.
Country POP- Hailing from the South, I like some good ol' country music, but the problem is that mainly due to Taylor Swift, there's this country pop emergence. Therefore, instead of playing pure country on country stations, country pop like that godawful "Need You Now" plays. It's unfortunate because Taylor Swift has talent, but the country acts that benefit from her introduction of country pop aren't. "If I Die Young" just continues the trend.
Pitbull- If you didn't pick up the sarcasm involving Pitbull there, then you're the quintessential AleHeather fan.
Slater Family Tree
The Slaters are featured in several fanfiction. Interestingly, each's stereotype corresponds to a TDI character.
Steven Slater (If you saw the JetBlue news, the joke's on him) (Chris McLean)
It all started with this man. Contrary to the storyline in Imperfection, the Slaters' father is not a rule-breaking psycho killer. Instead, he pioneered the Slater family in wrestling. Steven does have one flaw: he is arrogant. How arrogant is he? His six children were named to form S-T-E-V-E-N.
Emma Slater (Blainley)
Emma is a stark contrast to Steven, and again contrary to Imperfection, she is still awake and alive. While she loves gossip and the show business, she is modest and showers affection on her children. Emma is redheaded, passing on her genes to her two daughters.
Seth Slater (Duncan)
Seth loved to be different from others, which meant blatantly donning a mohawk in school and getting detention. However, as he grew Seth became more sensible. Afraid to go down the line of pot-smoking, beer-drinking criminals, Seth became straightedge (abstaining from drugs and alcohol) and became a pro wrestler. His big break came after joining the famous Filth Sheet by Justin "The Ram" Wyatt.
Ethan Slater (Noah)
Ethan is a fighter, being even shorter than his younger sister Izzy at one time. However, he makes it up with his big brain, known as the "Prodigy" of the family. Despite this, after a teenage growth spurt Ethan grew to a healthy height, and now is featured in Zero Wrestling League and TWE:NXT.
Elizabeth Slater (Izzy)
Since she's so popular, this one needs no introduction. Everyone who watches Total Drama would recognize the wild redhead instantly.
Troy Slater (Cody)
Since his family members are all famous, Troy tries to follow in their footsteps by constantly wooing girls... and failing. Despite this he still describes himself as the "Cool One" in the Slaters.
Victor and Natalie Slater (DJ & Bridgette respectively)
Made cameos in Imperfection. Since Steven is tall, Victor adapted that trait and is even taller than Seth. He is a quarterback who loves animals. He stopped a football game to let a bird cross the field. Natalie, the youngest, takes this further by being an environmentalist and vegan.
Ezekiel Irving (Ezekiel)
Ezekiel is Izzy's boyfriend, however it was not easy for them to become an item. Natalie, in particular was upset that Izzy brought home a sexist boy and Zeke just rubbed Seth the wrong way. However, after much persuasion, the Slaters agreed on account that he refrains from uttering nonsense, which he did not.
Note: I own all except for Izzy and Ezekiel, who are Fresh TV characters. However, I do own the names "Elizabeth Slater" and "Ezekiel Irving".
"Hello I'm John Morrison and you can bounce a quarter off my abs."- John Morrison (obviously)
"The Catholic Church omitted me from the bible because they thought I would outshine Jesus."- Morrison
"Hi, I'm John Morrison and if I had a nickel for everyone in Wrestlemania better looking than me, I would have no nickels."- Morrison
"My gold lab drools less over rib eye steak."- Noah (After The Dock of Shame)
"Congratulations, you just peaked, it's all downhill from here, honey."- Noah again in After The Dock of Shame
"I, too, love a good cat fight, but one with real cats who wear tiny boxing gloves."- Harold (2008: A Space Owen)
"YOU'LL NEVER GET ME ALIVE!"- Izzy (Up The Creek)
Chris: "What's up?"
"I think I see a bird."- Ezekiel (Not So Happy Campers- Pt 1)
"You can dress up a piece of crap, but at the end of the day he's still a piece of crap."- D' Angelo Dinero (Referring to AJ Styles)
"I'm straight edge so i'm better than you."- CM Punk
"Woo woo woo, you know it."- Zack Ryder
"Come fly with us, come die with us!"- Noah (Walk Like An Egyptian: Part 1)
Any quip by CM Punk from the announcer's table:
“King Kofi Kingston has a nice ring to it. Its not so nice on the letters though.”- CM Punk, 29/11/10 RAW- King of The Ring
Chris: "Will Chef fix the plane so we can leave here while I'm still young?"
Unsafe External Link