Author has written 49 stories for Final Fantasy XII, Lost, Mass Effect, Warcraft, Elder Scroll series, Pendergast series, Sherlock, Thor, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Destiny, Fallout, Star Wars, Avengers, and Agent Carter.
(Psst, hey: You know what gets you more fic that you might like? Feedback! I love feedback! Sadly, I get very little of it. That means I might not write more fic, because I think people aren't enjoying what I've written. If you'd like more stories from someone, or want to throw an idea out there, or anything, try a PM or leaving a review, or even sending a gift basket! Okay, maybe not that last one.)
"What the hell IS the Codex?"
In a nutshell:
The SHIELD Codex isn’t a pure AU. It is a canonically themed altered timeline often with visitors from the comic universe that haven't appeared in the MCU yet. These 'canon immigrants' are intended to be in MCU style and not their comics counterpart. Knowing the comics should not be a requirement at any point, only a bonus. As for the rest? The Jotun Space Wizard did it.
There are a few central points of divergence that set up the events of the fic series. (all of this is clarified in the series itself, but offered here as general info)
1. Odin is definitively alive. He has long since reclaimed Asgard in this altered timeline.
2. Sometime during the events of AoS season 1, Loki got himself kicked out of Asgard’s throne room again.
3. Well... this one got explicit by the end. Say it involves Thanos.
So… yeah. All other divergences in the timeline, prior and current, are chalked up to ‘it was more fun this way, because I’m not getting paid and I’m going to take you all screaming into madness with me.’
Codex list in chronological order -
1. A Clear and Present Loki - Series introduction. Horror themes. Takes place during the end of AOS season 1, features the Darkhold.
2. Rolling Thunder - Military thriller with sci fi and some horror themes. Start of Season 2 onward.
3. In the Bleak Midwinter - Holiday short fic, contains character driven vignettes.
4. An Honest Man - Mystery crime drama in space! Coulson takes center stage, with strong Guardians of the Galaxy crossover.
5. Stitched - Character-driven vignettes primarily centered on Loki's adjustment to Earth.
6. An Agent of Chaos - SHIELD spy procedural featuring Natasha Romanoff and some technothriller themes.
7. Sleipnir - Short fic following Loki's brief return to Asgard. Touches on family themes.
8. The Janus Paradox - Magical crime drama featuring Doctor Strange. Considered placed during the back half of AOS Season 2 and post Age of Ultron.
9. We Lived in Castles - Halloween-themed short novella, heavily supernatural/horror/magic. Can be read at any point. Loki revisits holiday horror tales while amidst a ghost story of his own.
10. Mr. Fix-It - Coulson-centric short fic co-starring Mack.
11. A Snake Came Crawling - A desperate struggle to avoid Asgard's doom. Magical/supernatural. Heavy on the family ties between Loki, Thor, Odin, and... one other. Series moves into AOS Season 3 at this point, but fewer overt spoilers.
12. Darwin's Dragon - A giant monster versus giant robot one-shot romp to set up the next long fic. Features the return of the Guardians of the Galaxy.
13. When the Man Comes Around - The grand brawl finale, featuring Thanos as prime antagonist. Guardians, The Avengers, SHIELD, Nova Corp, and others have central roles. A three-part full-on epic novel.
14. With Postscript to Follow - Where Loki must say goodbye to his oldest friend. Deals heavily but positively with themes of grief.
The Codex 'Verse: Side stories or post-Thanos adventures.
1. The Lion in Spring - As Daisy grieves after the events of Season 3, Loki tells her a tale of old Asgard.
2. Season of the Witch - When an abandoned region of Pennsylvania is struck by a dark curse, Loki and Agent Melinda May discover Loki understands far more about what's going on than he realized - or wanted.
3. Generation of Animals - Phil Coulson realizes a symbol of one of the darkest parts of history may return to light. It's up to him, his weirdest friend, and whatever resources he can bring to bear to stop the possible rise of a new regime before it starts.
Missives from Misrule and One Second, Frozen in Twilight are stories I mentally consider prequel to the Codex. They are not directly linked otherwise and the second portion of Misrule is heavily out of date post part 13 of the Codex.
Have a desire to email me for children's parties or catering? You can try email@example.com, or use the PM service here. I also accept trained birds and signal torches lit across the horizon, but please, no singing telegrams.
(I hope you weren't looking for a lot of actual biographical information. If you were, you're welcome to talk to me anytime, but I'm not much for hyping myself up in the profile notes. That said, I am not affiliated with, nor do I work for Marvel Entertainment... sadly.)