Poll: From the Prince of Tennis, who would win in a fist fight between Niou and Atobe? Vote Now!
Author has written 36 stories for Digimon, Forgotten Realms, Harry Potter, Kingdom Hearts, Jyu Oh Sei, Prince of Tennis, and Naruto.
FORMERLY KNOWN AS "DEADLYCAELLIE", AND "IJI NO SHITSUNEN".
Oh look, you came to my profile. Did you want to read about me, or just passing through whatever nonsense I've written here to get to my stories? In that case, you have to go through a lot of rubbish, a lot of rubbish, I say.
Aliases: WakingHyde (fanfiction, livejournal), Iji (my cosplay name - photobucket, Cosplay.com, m.m.), UnVertigo (youtube & veoh), MemoriesOfOblivion (DeviantArt)
Location: Far, far North, there is a small country named Norway. Welcome to my home.
So, I used to have a lot of bullcrap here about favourite quotes and hobbies and whatever that's not really relevant to my work here as a writer. Someone might enjoy that, but the majority of people only scroll down on these sort of things. So, a few things that might be interesting regarding my writing;
Fandoms: I mostly write Prince of Tennis, but occasionally also Digimon, Kingdom Hearts, or whatever other whim I might have at the moment. Right now, I'm working on a couple of Reborn! fics, as well as an Ouran and a couple of Star Wars. In planning are some Robin Hood fics, in various adaptions of the legend.
Favourite pairings: Perfect Pair (Tezuka x Fuji, PoT), Silver Pair (Ohtori x Shishido, PoT), Platinum Pair (Yagyuu x Niou, PoT), Adorable Pair (Atobe x Jirou, PoT. Adorkability on it's best. Alpha Pair (Sanada x Yukimura, PoT), Naniwa Pair (Oshitari K x Zaizen, PoT), Sirius x Remus (Harry Potter), Riku x Sora (Kingdom Hearts), Hitachiincest (Ouran), Kai x Rei (Beyblade), D18 (Dino x Hibari, Reborn!), Kurogane x Fai (Tsubasa Chronicles). That is not to say that I don't support a lot of other pairings - but these are my definite favourites, my OTP's, so yeah. The ones I have the least trouble writing.
Favourite genres: I mostly write two very different kinds of fics; crack, and angst. Occasionally, I throw in some romance in the mix as well, though it's rarely the main point. However, I'm horrible at action scenes and even slash action. Smut and lemon and whatever gets disasterous when I write them. I'm good with interactions, however, and I focus a lot on keeping characters... Well, in character. I am a sucker for friendship fics, as well as hurt/comfort. Give me a pair of brothers, and I'll be busy for a while.
5 facts about me as a writer:
- I do not bash characters. It's pointless, every character has its charm point, and someone always likes it. I don't frown at those who do, it's perfectly understandable; however, I don't think it's worth the time and effort. If you need a villain, fine, whatever, but I would rather prefer to take a character with already questionable character traits, someone that might actually come to do whatever it is your villain do.
- I will keep characters in character. Like the point above, I don't think there is any use in writing fanfiction with characters you've come to love if they are not acting like the characters you've come to love. Suddenly, they're not the same characters anymore, which makes it pretty meaningless. When borrowing another writer's work and playing with them, the least you can do is to do your best and write properly, in honor of their works.
- I don't write sex scenes. For whatever good they're worth, they have no use in any kind of fics I write. In my one-shots, they would have been so terribly out of place that I'm pained just by thinking about it. Even in longer fics, I wouldn't have included them unless there was a specific use for it. Of course, some people might like this; I know that many have come to enjoy this aspect of fanfiction, and I respect that. However, to me, it is no more appealing than porn, actually. I fall in love with character interactions, not sexual visuals.
- Alternative universes are fabulous. It might not be all that obvious yet, seeing as I haven't posted any longer fics marked "AU". But I'm in the process of writing three multi-chapter Prince of Tennis fics, all set in a different universe. I think it is interesting to take a character we know, and put him(/her) in a new environment, see how he(/she) acts, and who will do what. Who will fill which rolls, where would it take the story compared to a regular universe, etc. As stated, characterization is important to me, and this is another way of studying this.
- I will try to retain a certain level of seriousness in my fics. Of course, I've already stated that I like crack, and that's true. I like writing crack; but I don't mean that the story itself has to be serious, I mean that the way I write is serious. For example, I would not write a sentence, and then put in, for instance "(lol, that's what she said.)" or something like that behind, or "(that's totally true a friend of mine did that!)". I will also not change the POV in the middle of the story; usually, I stay out of character POV's in general, making it 3rd POV most of the time. I also won't include smiley's in a fic, or abbrevations (such as "And then he said 'wtf, that's totally lame! :@'.") I will also stay away from "fangirl Japanese" - random Japanese phrases within a story just to show that I know them. Most ften, these are also misspelled. I will, however, use honorifics, because they are a vital part of the culture which shows the relationships between characters more easily, that we have no equivalent to in English (as I've explained in a few fics.) That way, I can make as silly stories as I'd like and still improve my writing. It will also be a much more enjoyable experience for the reader, I can tell from experience.
- My most viewed story is "Touch of an Angel", my first and only yuri fic with two characters I detest, and a pairing I don't like - beating the next on the list with well over a thousand views.
- I came up with the name Naniwa Pair for Oshitari Kenya x Zaizen Hikaru, from Prince of Tennis. More info about this on my livejournal.
- Most fanfictions will firstly, if not only, be uploaded here. However, j-drama fics and previews are mainly posted on my livejournal.
- Norway is third regarding which country most of my readers come from. I only have one Norwegian subscriber, though.
(More be coming.)
I can't possibly come up with any other reason for you to check out my profile than what I've already told you. So there. Feel free to PM if there's anything, though, I don't bite. Hard.