Author has written 6 stories for Adventures of Tintin, Harry Potter, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Monty Python, Little Mermaid, and Once Upon a Time.
DO YOU TUMBLE? I DO:
Books I loved: A Little Princess, Anne of Green Gables, The Secret Garden, Harry Potter (naturally), Princess Academy, Jane Eyre, The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, The Mandarins, Journey to the Centre of the Earth, The Magic Toyshop, The Perks of Being A Wallflower, Skulduggery Pleasant, The Ordinary Princess, The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets, Around The World In Eighty Days, The Pursuit of Love, Wuthering Heights, The Woman In White, Eloise (looooove Eloise) and more that don't immediately spring to mind.
Books I hated: Twilight (urgh), The Da Vinci Code (real shoddy writing. Just pure crap), various books I should have enjoyed but was forced to read too early in school and subsequently hate.
Films I loved: Howl's Moving Castle, Kamikaze Girls, I'm a Cyborg But That's Okay, The Breakfast Club, Kiki's Delivery Service, Little Miss Sunshine, Be Kind Rewind, The Blues Brothers, The Wizard of Oz, Return to Oz, A Little Princess, The Secret Garden, Micmacs, Meet Me in St. Louis, Innocence, Strictly Ballroom, Moulin Rouge, Some Like It Hot, Coraline, Les Choristes, Frida, Amelie, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, Whisper of the Heart, Tangled, Labyrinth, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, The Fifth Element, Indiana Jones, Star Wars (original trilogy only), Black Swan, The Illusionist (animated), Marie Antoinette (Sofia Coppola), Spirited Away, Repo! The Genetic Opera, Mary Poppins, Kick-Ass, Shaun of the Dead, The Godfather, Ghostbusters, Sleepy Hollow, and more that don't spring to mind. And every Pixar film, especially WALL-E, Finding Nemo and Toy Story. Additionally I pledge my undying love for Rifftrax and MST3K.
Television: Arrested Development (Fox made a huge mistake), Monty Python's Flying Circus, Dad's Army, Fawlty Towers, Futurama, The Young Ones, The IT Crowd, Green Wing, Spaced, Black Books, Phineas and Ferb, Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe, Have I Got News For You, QI, Doctor Who, Red Dwarf, Top Gear (guilty pleasure...). And I'm going to watch Firefly just as soon as is humanly possible.
Comics: The Adventures of Tintin, Calvin and Hobbes, Asterix and Obelix
Radio: The Goon Show, The Now Show, Bleak Expectations
Theatre: Richard III, The Winter's Tale, The Merchant of Venice, A Midsummer Night's Dream (Shakespeare was indeed the master), A Streetcar Named Desire (say what you will about Blanche, I adore her)
Poetry: T.S. Eliot. Also Christina Rosetti, Robert Frost, and I rather like Seamus Heaney (went to a talk given by him recently: amazing)
Art: Emmy Cicierega is my favourite artist, check out her stuff (I bought her Balloon Adventure book ), and she always recommends the best music. More traditionally, I like me some Monet, some Salvador Dali (also love his perfume range) and I have a soft spot for Frida Kahlo. Guiltiest pleasure is Thomas Kinkade. Yes, I know his paintings are cheesy Americana and all the houses featured in them appear to be on fire. They're just so damn pretty.
Music: Regina Spektor, first and foremost. A Fine Frenzy, Goldfrapp (Caravan Girl is my favourite song of all time), Imogen Heap, Jonsi, David Bowie, The Stranglers, The Sex Pistols, The Ramones, Apollo Sunshine, The Black Ghosts, Tilly and the Wall, The Penguin Cafe Orchestra, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Thomas Newman (WALL-E soundtrack!), Tchaikovsky, Saint-Saens
Games: Big Fish Games fo' life. Give me a hidden-object-adventure over a shoot-'em-up any day (love: Mystery Case Files, Nightfall Mysteries, Mystery Trackers, anything in that general mould). I'm dying to play Silent Hill, though. Also, I'm still fond of Lego Racers, playing that was basically all I did when I was eight.
Awesome websites: fanfiction (natch), deviantart, Hypberbole and a Half, Regretsy, Big Fish Games, IMDb, cruising around Livejournal, Promod, ModCloth, Miss Patina, Keiko Lynn, Tumblr, anything cute that takes my fancy.
Perfume (I'm a certified perfume freak): Stella by Stella McCartney, 4711 byMaurer & Wirtz, Princess, Glam Princess and Preppy Princess by Vera Wang, Miss Dior and Miss Dior Cherie by Dior, Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel, Harajuku Lovers (G and Love) b Gwen Stefani, Very Irresistable by Givenchy, Naughty Alice by Vivienne Westwood, Lolita Lempicka by Lolita Lempicka, Ricci Ricci by Nina Ricci, Daisy Eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs, pretty much everything by Salvador Dali (esp. Sea and Sun in Cadaques and It Is Love), and anything with a violet-y edge to it.
My Favourite Things In General: Memories, theme park rides, vanilla ice cream, rosewater, fireflies, sparkly things, thunderstorms, musical sequences, porcelain dolls, fairy lights, garden centres, the colour pink, Paris, warm rain, green sea, Lindt chocolate, movie scores, cupcakes, comedy, stars, woolly clothes, fresh baguettes, cake with cream, berets, fairy stories, spaghetti bolognaise, Lolita fashion, foreign films, pirates, hedgehogs, stories about princesses, having strange dreams, rain on the window pane, snow, lemon drops, violet perfume, ribbons, sewing and knitting, lavender soap, department stores, Marie Antoinette, pretty clothes, happy old people, steampunk, dapper men, the ballet, fresh flowers, umbrellas, Judy Garland, those Disney films with Hayley Mills, owls, old-fashioned clocks, Accessorize, Ness, Lush, the pink elephant sequence in Dumbo, geeky jokes, nice bath products, kittens, pedantry, spooky stories, historic houses, Netherland Dwarf rabbits, feminism, Victorian industrialism, funfairs, lollipops, mermaids, seals, Greek and Norse mythology, banter, Anne Shirley and her imagination, 4711, the Orient Express, shopping, geekery, the music video for Blow Away by A Fine Frenzy, Scotland, my red hair, swimming at twilight, the guilty pleasure of a new Cosmopolitan (which is fine. Marie Antoinette would totally have read Cosmo if it had been around in her day), designing clothes, A Midsummer Night's Dream, croissants, the smell of old books, flickering fires, Sara Crewe and her stories, Anne Frank, looking at old photographs, the sweet smell of night air, packing, travelling, cats, fanfiction, mysticism, sleeping, peaches, the friends who make me laugh the most, that first spring breeze.
THIS TOWN: BECAUSE THESE IPOD SHUFFLE THINGS ARE FUN EVEN IF THEY ARE POINTLESS
1. What is your motto? Free Fallin' - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
2. What do your friends think of you? I Don't Like It Like This - The Radio Department
3. What do you think about very often? Rocket - Goldfrapp
4. What is 22? Safety Dance - Men Without Hats (YES)
5. What do you think about your best friend? Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Emilie Autumn
6. What do you think about the person you like? Army of Me - Bjork
7. What is your life story? All Cats are Grey - The Cure
8. What do you want to be when you grow up? Dance Anthem of the 80's - Regina Spektor
9. What do you think when you see the person you like? PONPONPON - Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
10. What do your parents think of you? Beyond the Sea - Bobby Darin
11. What will you dance to at your wedding?70 Million - Hold Your Horses!
12. What will they play at your funeral? Stand Up - The Prodigy
13. What is your hobby/interest? Put Your Arms Around Me - Jens Lekman
14. What is your biggest secret? The Execution of All Things - Rilo Kiley
15. What do you think of your friends? No Man's Land - Sufjan Stevens
16. What is the worst thing that could happen? Grounds for Divorce - Elbow
17. How will you die? You Make My Dreams Come True - Hall & Oates
18. What is the one thing you will regret? Glittering Cloud - Imogen Heap
19. What makes you laugh? Define Dancing - WALL-E Soundtrack (eeee)
20. What makes you cry? O Children - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds ( yeah )': )
21. Will you ever get married? Moi Je Joue - Brigitte Bardot
22. What scares you the most? Sailor Song - Regina Spektor
23. Does anyone like you? Learnalilgivinanlovin - Gotye
24. If you could go back in time, what is one thing that you would change? Nothing But Our Love (Kasper Bjoke Remix) - Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
25. What hurts right now? Hong Kong Garden - Siouxsie and the Banshees
26. What will you post this as? This Town - Helen Lawson