Author has written 27 stories for Sherlock, Houdini and Doyle, and Stargate: Atlantis.
I've been posting fic since the 1990s. For a long time, I posted on my own page, but personal pages seem to be a thing of the past, so now I post here and at AO3 under the same name.
I write "gen" fic, no "slash" and no "het". I also stick pretty close to canon characterisation. If you're looking for missing scenes, adventure stories, case stories, gap fillers for between episodes, you've come to the right place. I only post complete stories and I don't hold chapters hostage for reviews. If you post reviews with a way for me to reply, I do respond, and I love to hear from readers.
Current fandom love is Stargate Atlantis, but you will find some others here as well.
Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy the stories I'm writing.
It was suggested by a reader to add a listing of my series' reading order here since FFN doesn't really have a function to group stories together.
TEAM BUILDING (Stargate Atlantis season 1)
Each story either continues from the end of an episode or fills in a gap between episodes in season one. While the main plots of the stories can stand alone, there are subplots and characters that carry over from story to story. Reading in order is recommended.
1. Seeking and Finding -- Building a new team is harder than it looks, especially when the entire base is willing to give you (unwanted) advice. Post s01e03 Hide and Seek
2. Basics of Training (Or Never Take A Scientist Camping) -- Major Sheppard decides to take the team off-world for a little camping and training on how to work together. What could possibly go wrong with that?
3. The Consequence of Caring -- After their rescue from the trapped jumper, Sheppard and Rodney need to deal with a few things. However, a cryptic message from one of the Athosians that Atlantis is about to sink may not give them enough time to help each other or save the city. Post episode s01e04 Thirty-Eight Minutes
4. The Mark of a Warrior -- What was supposed to be a simple exploration on a tropical planet ends up more complicated when the team discovers an Ancient tower and people on a supposedly uninhabited world.
5. Breaking Point -- A trade mission to one of Teyla's contacts has disastrous consequences for Sheppard and the team once they return to Atlantis. Post episode s01e05 Suspicion
6. Gauntlet -- While taking a bit of a break on the mainland, Sheppard and Rodney find a mysterious waypost in the middle of nowhere which transports them into an Ancient gauntlet of tests where failure means death. This is a direct sequel to Breaking Point
7. The Sound of Silence -- Cracks start to form in Sheppard's team after the Genii invasion and only get worse when a trade mission goes bad and Rodney and an injured John are separated from not only Teyla and Ford, but the stargate as well. Post episode s01e10-11 The Storm/The Eye.
8. Revelations -- As Rodney deals with the aftermath of a potentially life-changing accident, he and John find a new sort of trouble in one of the unexplored areas of Atlantis.
9. Eidolon -- While still dealing with the deaths of McKay's two scientists, the team is sent to Eidolon, a supposedly haunted planet, to investigate a building covered in Ancient writing. Post episode s01e12 The Defiant One.
10. To Err Is Human -- After the events on Proculus, Rodney and John try to figure out how to mend their friendship but things hit a snag when Rodney and Teyla are kidnapped while on an off-world mission. Post episode s01e14 Sanctuary.
11. All Is Bright -- John and Rodney fight to survive after their jumper crashes while visiting one of the planets on the list of 'gate addresses given to them by the alternate reality Elizabeth Weir.
12. Last Chance To See -- With three Wraith hive ships closing in, Sheppard's team makes a last-ditch visit to an Ancient outpost hoping to find a way to save Atlantis. Post episode s01e16 The Brotherhood
TEAM REBUILDING (Stargate Atlantis season 2)
Take one Air Force Colonel, add a brilliant scientist, an Athosian leader, and a Satedan named Ronon Dex. How do three team members learn to move on after losing Ford and what does it take to convince their new member to stay.
Each story either continues from the end of an episode or fills in a gap between episodes in season two. While the main plots of the stories can stand alone, there are subplots and characters that carry over from story to story. There are also characters and plot points that have carried over from my Team Building series for season one. Reading in order is recommended.
1. Picking Up The Pieces -- With Atlantis safe from the Wraith, John, Rodney, Carson, and Elizabeth return to Earth where a new commander is waiting and someone is targeting SGC scientists. Post episode s02e01 Siege part 3. (This story is a crossover with Stargate SG-1)
2. Finding Home -- Free of the Wraith, Ronon must decide if he is going to stay in Atlantis or leave to seek vengeance alone. While still trying to make up his mind, he and Rodney are trapped in one of the city's towers, and each starts to learn more about the other as they wait for someone to find them. Post episode s02e03 Runner.
3. Learning The Hard Way -- It should have been a nice, easy mission to investigate an Ancient archive. Instead, John and Teyla find out the hard way the natives don't like visitors to their world, and Sheppard's team is still a man short.
4. One For All -- A humanitarian mission goes wrong in more ways than one when the Wraith attack and Rodney and Carson are missing. Post episode s02e04 Duet
5. To Forgive ... Divine -- Rodney is called back to Earth to explain his actions on Doranda. While there, someone from Sheppard's past decides to use him to seek revenge for John's actions during a failed mission in Afghanistan. Post episode s02e06 Trinity
6. Ripple Effect -- Still dealing with the fallout from Doranda and Belkan, the team finds more than they bargained for when they return to Lurra searching for a ZPM the Ancients hid on the planet. *NEW March 2020*
7. All For One -- When an off-world mission goes sideways, Rodney is forced into a position that may destroy the trust he's been rebuilding with Sheppard, and John learns that 'no one left behind rule' he put in place is there as much for him as it is for his team. Post episode s02e08 Conversion *Coming Soon*
HOUDINI & DOYLE VIRTUAL SEASON TWO (Houdini & Doyle)
2. Spirit Obscura -- Harry and Doyle revisit their first case together as they try to solve the murder of a spirit photographer at an abandoned estate.
3. Enter Rumour -- Harry is accused of murder and while Adelaide and Doyle try to figure out what really happened, Houdini has another problem, he's the next target.