Poll: For my next fic what scenario should I create? This fic will not be started until I finish one of my current stories, so around the end of 2010 or the beginning of 2011. Start voting! Set up: Possible Title : Description. Paring. # of Chapters Vote Now!
Author has written 16 stories for Inheritance Cycle, Spyro the Dragon, and Naruto.
Just a little bit about me:
Chinese Heritage: Half Mandarin and Half Cantonese (lol if you know the rift)
17 years old
Heya people, its me (who else would it be?) I don't really have much to say right now, except that as of 10/4/09, I've realized something incredibly disturbing.
LESS PEOPLE REVIEW WHEN YOU ASK THEM TO. IF YOU WANT PEOPLE TO REVIEW, DON'T MENTION REVIEWING IT!
But other than that, I got nothing.
Aliases: 'son (shortened form of Crymson, minus the first syllable), the Bloodling (the rare type of dragon he is), Death (sometimes, before killing someone, as they shudder in fear and ask "Who/What are you?" He coldly replies "Death, yours." right before taking a life)
Stories: After the War
Appearance: A typical male dragon of around 5-6 years of age. His scales are a blood-colored red, and are uneven due to a mishealed wound over his heart. His straight horns, claws, and spine spikes are pure white. At the tip of his tail Crymson has a tail-blade, slightly longer than Cynder's and straight instead of curved.
Profile: Still unhatched on the Night of Shattered Eggs, Crymson's family was brutally slaughtered. Of his entire brood, he was the only one to survive. Burdened with the memories of his parent's last stand, Crymson has made it his life's mission to oppose and kill Malefor in any way possible. When he discovers Spyro and Cynder have already killed Malefor, he is unsure what to do with his life.
Abilities: As a Bloodling, Crymson has powers over four elements instead of the typical one for most dragons. These powers are: Fire, Ice, Shadow, and Wind. Also, he can rapidly heal most injuries, although he must be conscious and able to concentrate in order to do so. When he changes into his Primal Blood form, his scales are covered in bone, making him appear completely white. By absorbing flesh and bone from corpses, he can change the shape of his body at will by moving other flesh and bone along the outside of his scales. However, he can only maintain his Primal Blood form for a relatively short period of time before falling unconscious from mental fatigue.
Aliases: Kage no Akanami (Shadow of the Red Wave) (earned after the battle in the Land of Waves), nii-san (by Naruto, they consider each other surrogate brothers), Kami damn thief/thieving brat (people he's stolen from)
Stories: The Demon Brothers of Konoha
Appearance. Typical human male, age depends on chapter ranging from 7-17 (so far). He has short black hair and brown eyes, giving him a distinct Oriental appearance in conjunction with his light tannish-yellowish skin color. Prefers the colors red and black. When his Kokugan is active, his pupils expand to cover his entire irises.
Profile: As far as he can remember, Kage has never had any parents, and has no true birthname. When meeting Naruto, he proclaims his name is Kage (Shadow) because of his time as a successful thief. Also, Kage had the Ryu Oni (Dragon Demon) merged with him within seconds of birth, giving him equal genetic parts from his mother, his father, and his dragon side. He believes strongly in family bonds, going to extreme lengths to protect his surrogate family (Naruto and Hinata). He has a very sharp mind, but is not against lowbrow actions and humor. Kage loves challenges that test his physical or mental prowess.
Abilities: Kage has the Kekkei Genkai Kokugan (Blood Limit: Black Eye). It expands his field of vision to approximately 315 degrees and allows him to see a person's chakra network, along with some tenketsu. It also allows him to process things amazingly quickly, making it seem like everything else is moving in slow motion compared to him. However, he will only use his Doujutsu in battle if his life is on the line and there is no other choice, lest he become too dependent on his Blood Limit. Kage has admitted that he has "probably used [his] Kokugan to look at Hinata-chan naked more times than he has actually used it in battle."
Kage's main elements are Wind and Fire, expected since he is a dragon hanyou (half demon).
He is amazingly accurate in throwing weapons, second only to Tenten in Konoha. However, he prefers to fight hand-to-hand, believing that "Anyone can learn throw a sharp pointy piece of metal with enough practice. It takes true skill to actually fight." His preferred taijutsu is Long Ying (dragon style) gong fu. As per its principles Kage usually lets his opponent strike first, and dodges rather than blocks. However, since the Kokugan and the Byakugan (White Eye) share many traits, Kage can also utilize the Juken (Gentle Fist) style of fighting. Overall, however, he prefers to use kenjutsu when seriously fighting, as he is far deadlier with a sword than with his hands.
Lastly, Kage carries a kunai that has been enlarged to around three feet (1 meter). It has the etchings of Ryu Oni breathing fire on one side and the Kyuubi no Kitsune on the other side. Originally, it was just a regular kunai, but when covered with both Naruto and Kage's blood, it grew in length and became unbreakable. When Kage channels demonic chakra into the blade, it splits along the edge into two blades, with one blade only having the Nine-Tailed fox image and the other only having a dragon. If anyone tries to channel regular chakra into the blade, it becomes ridiculously heavy and therefore unmoveable.
Basis: First of all, he has a distinctly Chinese appearance (since the Naruto world is pretty varied, I really don't see any problem with this). His Kokugan is based upon my own eyes, which are such a dark brown that some people think they're black. He is somewhat of a withdrawn person around people who aren't his close friends, and he'll be the first person to admit that he's often a jerk to people he doesn't know. However, he can relax and be himself around his close friends, among whom are Naruto, Hinata, Lee, Kiba, Gekko, and.
Also, Kage is absolutely loyal to his friends. He is so close to certain people that they are virtually family to him. His dedication on protecting his loved ones almost borders on obsession, and no action taken to defend his family is too dangerous, no act too outrageous, no atrocity unthinkable.
Kage takes the word "dedicated" to a whole new level when it comes to his girlfriend/wife. Due to a combination of his love, adamantine willpower, subconscious concepts of attraction and loyalty, and unique neurological interactions in his not-quite human brain, it is quite literally impossible for Kage to cheat in any way (not that he would, anyways). Kage is physically unable to have an erection for any woman other than Hinata, and mentally he is only attracted to her anyways. Even when he loses his memory completely, his body does not respond sexually to any woman other than his 'mate'.
Kage loves sushi with a passion. Some people are disgusted with the concept of eating raw fish, a belief that he...cannot empathize with in any manner whatsoever. Although he respects the choices other people make when it comes to food, he really don't see what the big deal is. Raw Fish. Is. Delicious. Kage also likes sharp objects and fire...a psycological tendency that is slightly alarming in a shinobi. Kage hates wasting excess money, as well. But most of all, Kage dislikes preppy people, people who have no idea how to use their brain, and assholes.
Lastly, there is an old Chinese legend that 漢人, which loosely translated is the "Chinese People", are all descendants of a man who could change his form into that of a dragon. The origin of this legend is that at the end of his life, Huang Di, the mythical First Emperor, was immortalized into a dragon form. Due to inexplicable events concerning multiple emperors during the Golden Age in China (mainly overseen by the Tang Dynasty), it became someone of a legend that those who were strong, powerful, and influential in life were often immortalized and became dragons upon reaching the end of their natural lifespan. As evidenced by later chapters in Demon Brothers of Konoha, Kage ancestry is partly draconic, and he can form the wings of a dragon out of his back. However, I used a more Western concept of dragons, with a more reptilian focus on the wings and a penchant for flames.
Will Naruto and Sakura ever get together?
Absolutely not. Remember what happened with Hinata and Naruto during Pain's invasion? Naruto may be a blockhead, but he's sure to quickly drop his infatuation with Sakura and actually be with someone who cares about him.
In fact, he already has. When Sakura claims she no longer loves Sasuke and loves Naruto instead, Naruto easily sees that she is deluding herself. Naruto may be many things, but he does not seem to be masochistic. Basically the only attention Sakura has given Naruto is her fist to his head (the one on his shoulders). Hinata has been caring for Naruto for a long time. She cares so much for him that at the end of Pain's invasion, she is bitterly happy for Naruto when Sakura hugs him; Hinata cares so much for Naruto that she wants him to be happy no matter what, even if it means she cannot have him.
1. Very few things annoy me more than when people make statements that are all-encompasing, like "All life is sacred; you should never kill another human being." People who say this are doing no more than justifying their own cowardice and lack of actions when they see or hear a morally-corrupted individual getting caught doing an unforgiveable act. Saying something like "Oh, the death penalty should be abolished," or "The police didn't have to kill him" is just retarded. Should a serial killer who has shown no regret for his or her actions and no intention whatsoever of reforming (not that it would be believed) be fed and housed in relative peace for the rest of his or her life? Should a policeman die because protocal now states that he cannot shoot a gun at an armed suspect until he is fired upon first? No, overall it is regrettable that such individuals exist, but for the good of society, and the safety of every innocent person around them, such individuals must be stopped, one way or another. A society (as in a city, a state, or even a nation like America), cannot continue to exist and thrive if individuals are allowed to destabilize the community around them.
2. I hate Naruto stories in which Naruto leaves Konoha for some reason before the Chunin Exams (exiled, leaves, kicked out, whatever), and somehow Konoha is still standing, Sakura and Sasuke are alive, and Tsunade is still the Fifth Hokage. Without Naruto to stop Shukaku/Gaara, he would have killed Sasuke and Sakura easily before going on to destroy a large part of Konoha before Jiraiya or some other massively powerful group of massively powerful ninja (think Kakashi + Gai + Asuma + at least 3 other Jonin) eventually managed to stop him. Naruto is unique in his massive stamina, summoning abilities (there's no other person who can summon something bigger than a house other than Jiraiya), pain tolerance, and sheer stubborness. It would take Jiraiya summoning Gamabunta or going into Sage Mode to defeat Gaara, and the only way a group of lesser ninja (read: everyone else) could defeat Shukaku would be to hit him with an incredible amount of ninjutsus that no one person has enough chakra for. It would take multiple attackers just to wear down Gaara's automatic defenses, and then kill/strike him. Even so, most of the group would still die, and a large amount of the village would be destroyed. And as for Sasuke and Sakura? Please, Sasuke is already out of steam after using chidori twice and Sakura...well, let's just say if there were somehow 20 million shadow clones of Sakura I still don't think Shukaku/Gaara would even notice. And without Naruto's unique brand of stupidity + guts, Tsunade would never return to Konoha, and someone else would end up becoming the Godaime Hokage, like maybe Kakashi, Jiraiya, or Danzo.
3. I dislike stories in which the Sandaime Hokage, Hiruzen Sarutobi, is portrayed as a white soul. As he too knew how the Shiki Fuin (Dead Demon Consuming Seal) that Minato used to seal the Kyuubi no Kitsune in Naruto worked, Sarutobi should know better than just about anyone that Naruto is not the demon he contains. Also, he for sure knew that Minato's last wish was for Naruto to be seen as a hero. However, Hiruzen either never tried to uphold Minato's last wish or he is at least a little bit incompetent. For the former, Hiruzen could have easily planned to raise a jinchuriki (Naruto) that would be completely loyal to Konoha, by allowing everyone to mistreat him, then acting as a benevolent grandfather figure, Hiruzen can and did easily spoonfeed Naruto ideas about why he should protect Konoha. However, the latter makes more sense. Hiruzen not only missed Orochimaru doing mass inhumane experiments right under his nose, but then also lacked the conviction to kill him when they confronted each other and Orochimaru was surrounded by ANBU and the Hokage. Also, Hiruzen showed that he has a ridiculously weak political backbone, as evidenced by the Kumo/Hyuga incident. But most of all, he somehow thought it was a good idea to strip Naruto of his heritage and basically leave him at the mercy of Konoha. Saying that Hiruzen couldn't have done anything is basically bullshit. He's Hokage, if all else fails and people are treating Naruto like shit (which they do), he can order someone to watch and care for Naruto, or (less plausible) do it himself. It is a sign of his incompetence that he is unable to find a single person who would care for Naruto. I mean, fuck, even if he paid someone to take care of Naruto, that'd still be something. But now Naruto's a retarded little boy with no social skills whatsoever and an IQ that is somehow negative.
4. I also dislike, but not hate, stories in which Danzo or Orochimaru are portrayed as flat out evil. At what point do the ends justify the means? I think Danzo had something good going with an utterly anonymous group of ANBU. In a world of assassins and cut-throat politics, you need something very important called "plausible deniability". As a case in point, look at the Kumo/Hyuga incident with Hinata Hyuga's family. When the Kumo ambassador kidnapped Hinata, and was subsequently caught and killed in the middle of the Hyuga House, with Hinata in a sack, somehow Konoha still got the shit end of the stick, and was forced to give a life for a life. Kumo had absolutely NO plausible deniability, yet somehow they browbeated Konoha into political submission (Because the Sandaime didn't want war, see point 3). A force comprised of anonymous elite individuals would be critical in handling sensitive matters that involve other countries/villages. Danzo did take it a little overboard when he started to blur the line between becoming anonymous and losing individuality and freedom. However, in my opinion he's probably done more to protect Konoha than the Sandaime has (see point 3). And who's actually read cannon and knows that Orochimaru originally, as a child, wanted only to bring back his parents who were both killed in war? His childhood dream was to bring back all the loved ones lost to early, unneccessary death. Many of his early experiments were focused on finding ways to bring the dead back to life. It was only after realizing that it is impossible to cheat death once a person dies, Orochimaru became less and less focused on bringing his parents back to life and more and more focused on protecting himself from death. As time passed, his ambitions became darker and darker, and as they say, the rest is history. However, it is apparent that both Orochimaru and Danzo started out with altruistic intents, but as they say, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions.'
5. I also hate the concept of vampires. You know, before Twilight, they still had something of an aura of danger. Who remembers the Blade movies? Freaking badass, that shit was. But now, they've basically became creepy emo fags that girls swoon over. And then so many other people want to jump on the bangwaggon and start spreading that shit everyone, and before you know it the whole thing snowballs (shitballs?) into a giant clusterfuck of disgustingness.
I'll probably add more as I think of them/hear them said.
A SHORT GUIDE FOR WRITERS.
1. Avoid alliteration. Always.
2. Never use a long word when a diminutive one will do.
3. Employ the vernacular.
4. Eschew ampersands & abbreviations, etc.
5. Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are unnecessary.
6. Remember to never split an infinitive.
7. Contractions aren't necessary.
8. Foreign words and phrases are not apropos.
9. One should never generalize.
10. Eliminate quotations. As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
11. Comparisons are as bad as cliches.
12. Don't be redundant; don't use more words than necessary; it's highly superfluous.
13. Be more or less specific.
14. Understatement is always best.
15. One-word sentences? Eliminate.
16. Analogies in writing are like feathers on a snake.
17. The passive voice is to be avoided.
18. Go around the barn at high noon to avoid colloquialisms.
19. Even if a mixed metaphor sings, it should be derailed.
20. Who needs rhetorical questions?
21. Exaggeration is a billion times worse than understatement.
22. Don't never use a double negation.
23. capitalize every sentence and remember always end it with point
24. Do not put statements in the negative form.
25. Verbs have to agree with their subjects.
26. Proofread carefully to see if you words out.
27. If you reread your work, you can find that rereading a great deal of repetition can be avoided by rereading and editing.
28. A writer must not shift your point of view.
29. And don't start a sentence with a conjunction. (Remember, too, a preposition is a terrible word to end a sentence with.)
30. Don't overuse exclamation marks!
31. Place pronouns as close as possible, especially in long sentences, as of 10 or more words, to the irantecedents.
32. Writing carefully, dangling participles must be avoided.
33. If any word is improper at the end of a sentence, a linking verb is.
34. Take the bull by the hand and avoid mixing metaphors.
35. Avoid trendy locutions that sound flaky.
36. Everyone should be careful to use a singular pronoun with singular nouns in their writing.
37. Always pick on the correct idiom.
38. The adverb always follows the verb.
39. Last but not least, avoid cliches like the plague; They're old hat; seek viable alternatives.
A Cup of Hot Chocolate: Finished
A Cup of Hawt Chocolate: Finished
After the War: On Hiatus
Book Four: Deyja : On Hiatus
The Demon Brothers of Konoha: Active, In Progress
Dear Diary: Finished
Doujutsu: Finished, but will add more if requested.
Children of the Cloud: Active, In Progress
Opposite Meanings: Finished
A Child's Sacrifice? Or the Sacrifice of a Child?: Finished, may be continued with enough support
Sorry, Mom: Finished