Poll: Seriously, although they're both great characters, if you had to pick one, who's all-around superior ... Goku or Vegeta? Vote Now!
Author has written 15 stories for Dragon Ball Z, Foundation, Mythology, Star Wars, Sonic the Hedgehog, Death Note, and Outlaw Star.
Thanks so much for visiting my profile page, and I sincerely hope that you have been enjoying the various works I have written.
I aim to write quality, logical, coherent, consistent, and engaging works that enable readers to think and deliberate about profound elements and concepts, all the while providing insightful and invigorating reading experiences.
I am a big fan of the science fiction, adventure, mystery, and horror genres, very much because of their mystique, aesthetics, and conducive nature regarding the conveyance of poignant topics.
With regard to my enjoyment of Anime, I owe much gratitude to Toonami for enabling me to experience numerous wondrous works, especially Dragon Ball Z, Outlaw Star, and Robotech, of which I found each to be of such remarkable quality that I felt eager to experience more. Adult Swim and other venues of anime exhibition helped expose me to additional enjoyable shows, such as Bleach, Ruroni Kenshin, Hellsing, Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Death Note.
In the realm of visual science fiction, I very much enjoy Star Wars (original trilogy [a.k.a. the real one]) and Stargate, and in the world of sci-fi literature, I consider the works of Issac Asimov (especially the Robot-Empire-Foundation series), Fred Saberhagen, and Alastair Reynolds to be among the best.
And then, there are other genres of excellent stories too! It is the great diversity of our world that makes it all the more special.
This community of writers, Fanfiction.net, is an excellent opportunity for us to come together and share our expansions of the universes we love. Let's keep on writing, and let's keep having fun.
In fun and fanfiction,
- American Vigor -
Check out the profile page for Honor Trip's contributing writer/editor, Genescritor! – http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2094362/Genescritor
Also check out the profile page for Honor Trip's art director for visual element enhancement, Roketto (Ryu no Ohi)! – http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3596503/Ryu-no-Ohi
TOP TEN FAVORITE CHARACTERS FROM THE DRAGON BALL UNIVERSE:
1. Cell - the menacing deviant who combines the darkest depths of the energy of previous villains with the corrupted fervor of the Z-Fighters, coalescing these forces into a formidable challenge. He is symbolic of the greatest strengths of all who came before him, as well as of their greatest weaknesses, exhibiting characteristics of dialogue, action, and combat befitting of a mastermind who seeks to advance himself in reckless self-interest, advancing this archetype in an uncommon and intricate way.
2. Future Trunks - the man who fought as fervently and honorably as he possibly could to save him timeline from evil that for most of his life had been of superior strength to his own, and in doing so saved at least two of the four timelines of Dragon Ball Z. His upholding of righteousness and compassion for Planet Earth and peace are to be virtuously remembered.
3. Vegeta - the ascension he undergoes during the series, from villainous and iniquitous heathen plagued by his tormented past to valiant, courageous hero willing to put his own sake on the line for the good of others is quite extraordinary.
4. Dr. Gero - the combination of his vile quests for supremacy and revenge, plus his unfortunately high intellect for a dastardly foe, bring about some of the most complex and difficult situations the Z-Fighters have to face. He is a cold, steadfast, patient master of calculation, which he utilizes well in his planning outside of the arena and during his battles within. Villains like he and Cell are those that I prefer in the series because of the sophistication of their plans and the higher, more philosophically advanced motives of their combat, which are more than mere desire for brutality, oppression for its basic sake, or blinding rage, which in my opinion is characteristic of Kid Buu.
5. Super Buu - Through his own evolution, he eventually symbolizes a union of two seemingly antithetical principles: passive chaos, and sadistic sophistication. It is the complexity as a character that he gains through his absorptions which increases his intrinsic value.
6. Piccolo - Like Vegeta, he grows in his character from a maniacal persona whose upbringing corrupted his youth to a respected, composed, dignified adult who cares for others. He even goes so far as to mentor his former archrival's children so that they, together, could defeat the greatest threats of their time.
7. Krillin - his bravery in battle is noteworthy, as is his unwavering loyalty to not only his friends, but to the great causes they fight for. He was present at the scene of every major battle in the canonical Dragon Ball Z series, fighting alongside his friends against the invading Saiyans, the Ginyu Force, Frieza, Android 19 and Dr. Gero, Androids 17 and 18, Cell, Super Buu, and Kid Buu, with the last of those done at the very risk of his own existance, as fighting Kid Buu in death and dying again could have lead to his erasement from the space-time continuum.
8. Android 18 - she uplifts herself from the horrors of a depraved madman to eventually help in his defeat, and resists becoming a part of his ultimate plan, Cell, out of the fundamental belief that this is not right, in effect becoming symbolic of the values of self-worth and self-identity and self-interest prevailing over counterproductive brainwashing. She goes on to reconnect with the human race that she had felt abandoned her, finding in her heart a space for a man who had found in her a spark of light, and she goes on to protect the world and her daughter, befriending her former enemies and living humbly.
9. Future Bulma - after losing all of her closest friends to the malicious terrors of a rival genius, she uses her own wisdom and vigor to have a big role in leading the counteroffensive to reclaim the world for peace. She serves as a guide, mentor, and inspiration to her son in ways that supported the guidance, mentoring, and inspiration from Future Gohan, helping Future Trunks become a more complete warrior, a more compassionate person, and a more capable individual. It is largely through her expertise and will to live on despite the chaos that the entire plan to save the past was orchestrated to fruition, and two of the four Dragon Ball Z timelines owe a large part of their salvation to her work and dedication.
10. Gohan - he doesn't become a hero just because of the example of his father, and doesn't just live in his father's shadow, developing a strong sense of identity and bravery through constantly being faced with obstacles that compel him to overcome adversity. He symbolizes the triumph of willpower and the utilization of one's inner talents and gifts to accomplish whatever he can put his mind to, helping the world in the heat of many of its fiercest battles. While his overconfidence and eventual giving in to studies at the expense of his combat ability diminish his overall excellence, he still acts to redeem himself from these qualities when he realizes the inefficiencies they cause, recognizing them and dealing with those issues so that he can become more effective.
- 8/7/09: A series abridger who I did not know personally, but who enriched the lives of many with his sense of humor, passed away in July. I was shocked beyond words when I found this out. He gave so much of his time and effort to helping people laugh. My deepest and most sincere feelings go to his family, and to all those who considered him a friend.
Rest in peace, RaymsCreator, you will be very much missed.
Here is the Web address to a tribute video Cassius614 made in his honor and memory:
Are you sitting at your computer and doing something unfulfilling or unproductive?
Refocus your thoughts and intentions, then do something fulfilling or productive.
- American Vigor