Author has written 15 stories for CSI: Miami, NCIS: Los Angeles, Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Broadchurch, and Firefly.
Meet The Author
My name is Prickly, or Prickles if you'd like, and I have been writing for as long as I can remember. However, despite all this practice I've found it very hard to come by good constructive criticism or anything that will help me improve and what good help I have managed to corral over the years now knows me so well that it's hard for them to be objective, particularly when it comes to my characters. So, with that in mind, I ended up here.
Like most of us on this site, I'm here for the reviews, for the comments which can help me improve my writing, harsh as they may be. If you ever come across something you dislike in my writing then, please, tell me, my only condition being that you explain WHY you dislike it so I can learn from it. And, of course, I am more than happy to review anything of yours honestly and fairly in return so feel free to ask!
While my initial foray into writing came in the form of Original Fiction, my focus quickly shifted to Fanfiction and only recently returned to the characters who started it all. One of my ambitions in life is to have some of my writing published but as it stands, that’s just a dream. A dream that your constructive feedback will hopefully help me achieve.
Update As Of January, 2014
Well, as you may have noticed I've been out of the game for a bit. Life just caught up with me, that's all, and my desire to write just sort of faded away. It's sad really but I think that finally I'm ready to dive back into the wonderful world of Fanfiction! Now, I'm not promising anything because I honestly can't. I don't know how busy I'm going to be with work this year or how long my muse will keep pumping away but I miss writing, I really do, so I'm putting a conscious effort into getting back in the rhythm. Wish me luck!
When I write I have a tenancy to create a detailed history for all the characters which is universal to all of my stories for that fandom. This doesn't mean that all the stories themselves are part of the same series, but if you read all of them you can put together a pretty clear picture of my version of the back-stories for everyone involved. Still, unless I state otherwise, assume all of my work can be read as stand-alone pieces.
Below I have a list of all of my fanfiction to date, along with their summaries and some additional information.
- Still Here - In the end it was one moment out of the months they had spent working side in forced companionship which kept coming back to her. Ellie/Alec friendship. One-Shot. COMPLETE.
- Too Fast - "It was my great granddad's first," she explained, "Story goes it saved him in the Second World War, a good luck charm or something." Post Series. Chloe Latimer/Alec Hardy friendship. References to Doctor Who.
- Delko’s Got A Gun - The first piece of writing I ever published. I’m keeping it up here simply as a reminder of how far I've come and how far I have yet to go. COMPLETE.
- Knowing - River knows things. Drabble. COMPLETE. (Firefly / Doctor Who)
- Until Silence Falls - Watching the Doctor walk away from his granddaughter's wedding, Wilfred Mott realized that he couldn't let the most wonderful man he's ever met die alone. AU from Season 5 on. IN PROGRESS.
- Lefty - One man. One Shoe. One incredible love story. Written by a friend of mine. COMPLETE.
NCIS Los Angeles:
- Growing Pains - As children all the world's a great adventure and it is that adventure, the ups and the downs, which make you who you are. A series of snapshots looking into the childhoods of the LA team. If you are looking to understand my interpretation of each character’s history, this is the piece to read. IN PROGRESS.
- First Impressions - Henrietta Lange takes pride in her ability to spot a good agent and turn them into a great one, but how exactly did she spot the agents we know today? A series of one-shots exploring how each agent came into her sights. Set in the Growing Pains universe but not a direct sequel and can be read alone. IN PROGRESS.
- Servant of the Game - When you live your life as a piece of a never ending game there will come the day when someone decides to change the rules. Team-Centric. No Pairings. Set in the Growing Pains universe but not a direct sequel and can be read alone. IN PROGRESS.
- Unspoken - A look into the relationship between G Callen and Henrietta Lange. Now a series of One-Shots. Set in the Growing Pains universe but not a direct sequel and can be read alone. IN PROGRESS.
- Falling Through Cracks - G Callen has always slipped through the cracks. Over the years they became his hiding place, somewhere all his secrets could be hidden. But when trouble hits and his team begins looking through them, what secrets will those cracks reveal? No Pairings. Team-Centric. Set in the Growing Pains universe but not a direct sequel and can be read alone. COMPLETE.
- One - He could only pick one... WARNING: Dark themes / Implied character death. COMPLETE.
- Something Earned - Tag to "Personal." Deeks receives an unexpected visitor with an agenda. COMPLETE.
- Just Human - 2010 Summer Challenge: G Callen experiences something for the first time, and he's not sure he likes it. WARNING: Foul language. Set in the Growing Pains universe but not a direct sequel and can be read alone. COMPLETE.
- A Christmas Card - A faded card on top of a mantle, over thirty years old, brings back a Christmas memory for Callen. Set in the Growing Pains universe but not a direct sequel and can be read alone. COMPLETE.
My Personal Fiction
For those of you interested in my personal fiction, just click on the links in the titles below.
- Definition of a Hero - "You know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed." A younger sister watches her hero die. Warning: Contains Capital Punishment. COMPLETE
- A Hairy What? - One holding cell, one pedophile, three teenaged girls and one seriously messed up conversation. You have been warned. COMPLETE
- Please Don't Leave Me - Young flesh mixed with old, moving, writhing. And voices mixing too, the screams of a girl with the growls of a man, like father and daughter. Or husband and wife. *Songfic. WARNING: Contains mentions of abuse and mental illness. COMPLETE
Thank you for your interest and Happy Reading!